“Wonderful visit”

Ranked #8 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Wonderful visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I am surprised at reading some negative comments on this site.

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Emirates Palace having celebrated my 50th birthday there with my husband. We had a Diamond room overlooking the Gulf. The room was delightful and the service of the staff was impeccable. On the day of my birthday we came back from the pool to find complementary Laurent Perrier champagne, a bouquet of red roses and a beautiful chocolate birthday cake from the Hotel thank you to Maria in the office (who must be a simply superb employee) for making this so special for me. The evening of my birthday the Maitre D' in the Seafood restaurant arranged for a saxophonist to play Happy Birthday to me as they brought out our desserts which he had had specially decorated by the chef. The staff around the pool areas were very polite and helpful. Our room was alway immaculately restored each day and the little touches as the slippers and constantly clean robes in the bathroom were nice. The staff are exceptionally helpful without being servile and the service is discrete and not obtrusive in any way. The only slight issue, if I can call it that, is that we had booked and paid for an evening dinner for 4 nights and arriving at around 10.30pm on the first evening were were offered no dining options or refreshment after travelling for the best part of 24 hours. Also the birthday cake was removed from our room at turn down service although we hadn't had chance to eat all of it but these aren't issues which spoiled our wonderful visit to this stunning hotel.

Deborah Amiss
Norwich, UK

Room Tip: We had a diamond room which had a wonderful view across the beach and gulf.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Deborah,

It was a pleasure to have you celebrate your 50th birthday at Emirates Palace. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback. I will share, in particular, your kind words with Maria.

Holger Schroth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

As name says Its a palace which was turned into a hotel so expect the grandness and elegant arabian style. Prime location and just near by Abu dhabi corniche.
Food is good and hotel is clean. You may see tourists roaming around the lobby who visit to view this beautiful place but there is no disturbance to the hotel guests. Overall a quiet and luxury stay.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Bharath,

Thank you for your positive review of your stay with us.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was looking for Gallery 1, Google search said Emirates Palace. I called the direct number but there was no answer. I then called the hotel and asked the operator to transfer me over to Gallery One. No one answered and the line got cut off instead of going back to the operator.

I called back and the operator asked asked to transfer me to shop instead. I spoke to the lady for 10 minutes before she told me that there is no Gallery One in the hotel. Furthermore the operator told me that she cannot do anything about the gallery not picking up which does not exist in the hotel.

Well done at yet another typical UAE moronic interaction

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank erfman
Holger S, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for what has happened. I have in the meantime spoken to all concerned and can assure you that we have rectified the situation.

Thank you very much for bringing this matter to my attention so we are able to continuously work on improving our level of service.

Essen, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

... but I wanted to try anyway. Emirates Palace is advertised as one of the leading hotels of the world, but in fact I am so disappointed being a guest here.

My travel agent told me in advance not to expect an exceptional hospitality and recommend other hotels in Abu Dhabi. But since its my first time in Abu Dhabi I felt it should be the Palace.

My husband and I just arrived yesterday after two beautiful weeks in Thailand. Check In, our room, service in general doesn't live up to the legend in the least. Food is okay, but all in all that's just not enough for a 6 star rating. Although staff is plenty that does not seem to work out in favor of the customer.

This is my first 3 star rating on Tripadvisor ever and I'm wondering where all those exceptional reports come from. It feels like a huge business hotel and guests are just a number.

Since the layout and luxury of the Palace is something of an attraction when visiting Abu Dhabi I'd recommend to visit for a tea time or a dinner or maybe on one of the many group tours that come here every day for sightseeing and lunch.

With this said I'll try to make the best out of our remaining time in this hotel and not to think about the money we pay for this average experience.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Burningmetravels
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Emirates Palace. I am very sorry to read that your stay with us did not meet your expectations, and I do hope that the remaining days improved.

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed here for our honeymoon and from the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we were treated with such respect and the service was exceptional!!
Food and beverages were reasonably priced and tasted sooooo good, security there made you feel safe and special when you were going back to your rooms, you have a 24hr butler to take care of your every need, and the services there were amazing (like the golf buggy that takes you for a tour around the entire palace).
The room was spectacular!!!! So lavish and luxurious, and had anything and everything you need.
There even was a Bedouin and his camels on the beach!!! I loved this touch!! Made it feel so authentic!!
We had the BBQ al quasr for dinner (BBQ on the beach) and it was spectacular, we had the meat platter, so tasty and amazing that words cannot explain.
There's a gold vending machine and so I couldn't resist buying a pendant.

If we were ever back in Abu Dhabi we would definitely stay here again, but we would have to stay for much longer!!!!!
You'll never want to leave :)

Room Tip: We stayed in the coral room, we enjoyed it here :) but any room would be amazing
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of your stay with us. I am happy to read that you had a great experience, and enjoyed our attention to detail.

Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

One is easily bowled over by the magnificence of this property. It is vast in size, the rooms are large and luxuriously appointed, wonderful amenities and a private beach. Where this facility went wrong is in how some of the staff treated me. I only stayed one night but on the day of departure, my flight left at 2am so I asked for a late check-out over the phone the day before. Well they could not tell me if that was possible but would put a note in my file and I could ask again when I checked in. At check-in, I asked about the late check-out - the front desk person seemed to know nothing of the request. She asked how late did I want. I replied that my flight left at 2am - how late could they give me? She thought about this for a moment and replied 4pm. I took this as it was still better than noon.

Then I ran into a colleague who was on the same flight with me and he had just been given a midnight check-out. Not sure why I was treated differently and the hotel was far, far from full. The next morning coming back from breakfast at around 10am, one of the roving butlers asked when I would be checking out. I told him that I had been given a 4pm late check-out. "Oh, yes sir" was the response and he went away. Then working in my room around 11:45 am, I get a call from the bell staff - did I need help with my bags for check-out. I replied that I was not checking out which seemed to confuse him. Then later that afternoon, again working in my room, housekeeping came in and said they had to make up the room. Again, I had to explain the late check-out but this gentleman was somewhat surly about the whole thing.

I then discovered that my colleague had had the same experience!

Besides all this, the scale of the property was problematic - much too big - and the signage was not easy to figure out. The prices in the restaurants were very high as well even with not adding gold on top of my latte (gold on a latte? really?). The beach facilities are extensive but they were all shut down so that was somewhat of a disappointment.

All in all, I think there could be some improvements made but maybe the place is just too huge to manage.

Room Tip: Ask for a map at reception so you can find your way to your room and back.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank John K
Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I regret to hear about your experience with the late check-out, and I would like to apologize on behalf of my team. This is not reflective of the level of service we are known for, and I will follow this up with my team.

Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I loved this experience from reception to departure. Beautiful? Yes. Outrageously sumptuous? Yes. Fit for a queen? Oh my, yes. If you admire anything in particular in your beautifully appointed room you can buy it. Lovely view overlooking the grounds and Gulf. An excellent choice of restaurants, particularly the Italian and Emerati. Coffee brewed just for you with delicious pastries mid-afternoon where you can enjoy sitting and reading international magazines geared toward polo. The Palace is so large you do need to walk a lot. They offer golf cart drives to the other side of the hotel. Gold everywhere, photo opportunities galore. I never wanted to leave. It's a once in a lifetime experience. I can't rate the spa because we could never find it.

Room Tip: Room with a Gulf view I think would be best. All rooms are quiet, they're built like a fortress...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jbtbpb
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of your stay with us. I am delighted to read that you had an exceptional experience.

On your next return, please do not hesitate to ask any of our staff members about the directions to the Anantara Spa. The Spa is located on the West Wing, near the Beach Club fitness centre, and is an experience you will definitely not want to miss.