“Amazing service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 131 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
UK
“Amazing service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed at the Emirates Palace at the end of our honeymoon trip. Check in was unexpectedly pleasurable. We stayed in a variety of grades of accommodation around the world on our trip, but none quite managed to match the level of service here. Some places clearly train their staff to engage in conversation with guests and it can feel quite forced - here they all do a great job and seem very sincere.

As others have said, you get escorted to your room where you meet your butler who introduces you to all of the facilities available including your room remote control (which is great once you get used to it) and talks you through pretty much everything else. We stayed in a diamond room - as far as I remember, the main difference between this and the other rooms are that you get a good view of the private beach from the diamond rooms. The cleanliness throughout the entire hotel and rooms is outstanding. The bathroom is large and well equipped. Although we both laughed about it, the only (minute and exceedingly picky) criticism either of us had of any part of the Emirates Palace was that the toilet roll was relatively thin.

We ate at a few of the restaurants in the hotel (Le Vendome, Cascades, BBQ Al Qasr and Le Cafe). Breakfast was excellent at the buffet and in the cafe with plenty of variety and excellent quality food. I actually preferred the less formal service in the cafe, but this is just personal preference and I have no complaints about Le Vendome. Our butler made reservations for us and escorted us to restaurants, which felt quite strange at first, but he made the long walk interesting by giving us lots of info about the hotel and some of its regular guests. All of the staff members were extremely friendly and helpful without being intrusive. Portion size at the restaurants and for room service is huge. Bordering on Man vs Food. Don't fill up on bread before the main event. Food quality is excellent.

We spent time at each of the two pools. Although we were on honeymoon, I preferred the West pool which is designed for families. The staff were great - really helpful and brought us lots of free little extras such as bubblegum flavored sorbets and sachets containing wipes for your sunglasses. Things I never even considered that I needed until I stayed here. The staff prepare your beds for you and generally do a fantastic job keeping you comfortable. We walked the entire length of the private beach and saw one other guest. This was a relatively common theme during our stay. Our butler advised us that the hotel was at approx 50-60% occupancy during our stay, but you would never have known as the scale of the place makes it seem relatively deserted. Other reviews have said that this leaves a feeling that the hotel has no soul, but I would disagree. It allows a greater degree of privacy which is lovely if you are spending time with your partner and the service from the staff is the tangible soul of this hotel. We spent a little time with the Bedouin chap who tends to his camels on the beach. We all had dates and Arabic tea before a trip along the beach on the camels. This is complimentary and I really recommend it to anyone staying in the hotel.

Your butler can arrange trips out of the hotel for you. On our last day, we transferred to the 5 star Yas Viceroy hotel that straddles the formula 1 circuit. This further reinforced our amazement at the level of customer service at the Emirates Palace - sadly the 5 star treatment at Yas Island felt like checking into a travelodge when compared to our stay in the Emirates Palace. I would recommend the Viceroy's owners pay for their staff to spend a night at the Emirates Palace to find out what customer service is really about. Public taxis are not allowed to wait outside the Emirates palace so you have to wait for someone else to get dropped off - although the staff at the Palace will arrange this for you and pack all of your bags and put them into the car for you. It's worthwhile leaving the hotel to see the Sheikh Zayed mosque. We went at sunset and managed to get some fantastic photos. Keep an eye on your taxi driver and their route to any tourist attraction as they seem to like to take you the long way round to bump the fare up a bit in our experience.

I think it says a lot about a place when the only thing that I would recommend they change is the toilet roll - a quilted roll as standard would be nice fellas. I am sure your butler would replace your rolls if asked, but we really didn't feel even slightly aggrieved by it and I guess I am only really including it here as a stab at some comedy and to highlight just how great the hotel really is.

Room Tip: Read the summaries of the rooms on their website. The main differences between any of the standard r...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank pod13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

We arrived at Emirates Palace and were impressed by the grandeur. The staff were welcoming and were more than helpful.

I booked four diamond rooms with water views, I must admit the rooms were lovely, however, I was really disappointed with the views. I would call it more partial water views.

If you are to book diamond rooms make sure you are on 25th floor. This would be the only way you would get full water views.

Keep in mind it is a large hotel and it's a long walk between restaurants, pools and beach.

We are a family of 7 and it's always hard getting accommodation with rooms with a bit of space this hotel accommodates.

The concierge Umid is amazing!

Family7

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 46Michelle
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

The Palace is really beautiful the service is superb I stayed at the palace for my honeymoon trip the girl who escort me and gifted my wife a flower bouquet all look nice and explain everything in detail !!
The room is sparking clean thanks to the housekeeping the only thing I faced is the room service need to be improved my food order got delayed & cold but food was very tasty so I don’t put this matter up I stayed at west wing My Butler Mr Fikri is fabulous he is the key point who made my stay the best and memorable special thanks to him and to all Butler team keep the good work will soon visit again !!! Thanks to all for my memorable stay !!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rollerguller
Campinas, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Wonderful experience! The hotel is amazingly beautiful and extremely luxurious. Vast options for premium dining and entertainment. Very good for a family trip: the camels on the private beach are a must-ride!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Paulistanian
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Should I say more? This is one of those places which define the meaning of grandeur. If you can afford it I doubt you'll ever say "nah... not worth it". I guess it's pretty much in the category of "what else can you wish for". Elaborate interiors, omni-present staff, expensive... well pretty much everything.

Pros: everything.

Cons: HUGE territory and interior, far from the airport (90 minutes by car).

Stayed December 2012
2 Thank lubger
Lucknow, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

As a visitor I went to this wonder called as Emriates Palace Hotel which is huge in size and one of best attraction in Abu Dhabi UAE There were many like me who were not staying in this hotel but were visiting to see its grandeur and pleasing ; well managed one of the most attractive palace. Every thing stating from entrance to lobby and total area including outlets and coffee shop and light music being played live are wonderful and attractive . One must try tea /coffee/ soft drink/ lunch any thing which one wants here .IT IS DIFFERENT the way one is served and taste of drinks one can only say “wonderful” Waha /Waha .If one go to Abu Dhabi find out some time to visit it , one wold enjoy every moment spent here .Last but not the least the landscape surrounding the building is also as pleasing to eyes as building and staff is very helpful .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Dr Narottam L
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

There is only one thing I can say about this hotel is that YOU MUST GO. I adored it right from the get go, even the pre booking staff were helpful and friendly. I booked the hotel for a special occasion - it was my Mum's birthday. The hotel could not have made more of an effort to make it special for her. There were the extra touches like a happy birthday banner, cake and messages were super.

The rooms were beautiful - we stayed in the Diamond rooms - everything about them was luxurious and indulgent. PERFECT.

We dined in two of the restaurants there - the Seafood Restaurant - it was divine - the fish was succulent and the wine crisp - with a great view and perfect weather we all had a ball.

The following night we went to Hakkasan, which I have to say was the best Hakkasan that I've ever eaten in and I've been to the Dubai and London outlets.

What I loved about this hotel is it cleverly segmented its guests. Those with families or a more lively disposition could stay in the West Wing with the water park and rides and more family orientated activities.

We kept ourselves to the East Wing pool (supposed to be for adults but not always!) where they have hammocks in the pool and little cabanas which allow for the ultimate in relaxation. Pool service is friendly and excellent - in fact one of the reasons our stay was so fantastic was the staff. Every single member of staff could not have done more to help, guide, facilitate us all during our stay. Considering the film festival was on during this time we were still made to feel important and special. Other 'luxury' hotels in the region should take lesson in how to execute flawless customer service from this hotel

Room Tip: I preferred the sea view but my parents thought the view of the city was preferable as there was mor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family