“I felt like a Princess in this Palace!!!”
Review of Emirates Palace

Emirates Palace
Ranked #5 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed October 4, 2012

First and foremost, this is NOT a hotel. True to the name, it's a PALACE! We decided to swing by Abu Dhabi for one night before going home at the end of a 7 day stay in Dubai. This was probably the BEST stay my husband and I have ever had-and we vacation every year!!

When pulled through the security gates our jaws dropped in awe and never really closed the entire stay! We pulled up to the entrance and were promply greeting with 'Mr. and Mrs Cal****, we have been expecting you!' They had taken the time to examine who was coming and knew it was us instantly! That made us feel more welcomed than anything! We were escorted inside to reception where I was offered a seat, a cool towel, Arabic coffee, fresh dates and given fresh flowers while the hubby handled the buisness end. Fyi, I was given fresh flowers 3 times during our one night stay! Then we were escorted to our room.

Honestly, it was a long walk to our room, but what do you expect?! I've been to palaces in France and Spain and they are all HUGE! The lady who escorted us was very plesant and you could tell she loved working there. Our room was really nice. We got the most inexpensive room, the coral, I think it was. (runs you about $1500/night in high season. it's cheapest right at the end of their summer). It was a little larger than a standard executive suite, the furnishings were really nice. HUGE plasma tv, gold fixtures in the bath, plush bathrobes, a desk and sitting area, minibar with complimentary sodas and water, and very comfy king sized bed. The balcony was really nice as well, large stone balcony with a table and two chairs. Even though we payed for a garden view, we were given the ocean view for free :-) Also, fresh fruit and bottled water are provided daily for free. Free coffee service to your room in the morning as well.

The spa was VERY nice. Most of the Masseusea (sp?) are small women from Thailand. We had a couples massage that was very relaxing.

I have read reviews that said the included butler was never there but that is NOT our case. He was so thoughtful, attentive, and nice and was there promptly everytime we called. He found out it was our anniversery and promptly booked us dinner reservations. While were gone, he decorated our room with a personalized banner!! Also, brought chilled champagne and chocolates and made us a rose petal bath with mint oil! Upon leaving, we tipped him 100 Dirhams for our one night stay and he totally deserved it. Dinner was amazing! We dined at the Italian place on the property. We also ate at the pool a couple of times. All which was very good as well.

To sum it up, this place was dream. All the service and EVERY SINGLE service person we came in contact with was very repectful and friendly. Over all IMPECCABLE service, IMPECCABLE grounds, IMPECCABLE food, IMPECCABLE Palace. We are already planning to return to Abu Dhabi just to stay here!! It was worth every penny that we paid.

Oh, ask to tour the 'Sex and the City' suite if you're interested. They'll gladly give you one! Also, if you have a midnight or 2 am flight, ask for a late check out. They'll let you use all hotel facilities after you check out, including the gym locker rooms which are nice! We stashed our bags in the lockers there and showered up before our 2 am flight.

AND if you're so inclined, ask about the car service to the airport. We were given a MAYBACH (yes, a MAYBACH) for the ride back to the Dubai airport for $500. They initally wanted $2000!! But my husband negotiated with the concierge for a bit and he accepted our offer!! It was AMAZING! We felt like royalty!!

Room Tip: Book at the end of their summer-around September. The rates are cheap then. We got the Coral room wi...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole C
Write a ReviewReviews (3,638)

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I took my husband to emirates palace for his 40th birthday. From the second we walked in the door it was nothing but sheer luxury. Sunil, our butler, pampered to our every whim! The hotel was beautiful, the food was amazing, the service was second to none. We had the most perfect holiday ever. It isn't cheap, but you certainly get what you pay for. Go on, treat yourself!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed at this hotel to celebrate our anniversay. Arrived and met very efficiently - no complaints. As both of us are keen wakeboarders I had contacted the hotel to check that a boat was available and was told they have a Mastercraft. Went to watersports on our first day to be told that the steering column had broken and there was no boat. When we asked how long it would take to be repaired we were greeted with a shrug of the shoulders! Complained to a manager who was great and by the next morning a substitute boat had been provided. I am amazed that a hotel of this size has only one boat when the Hilton (much smaller) has two. This is going to be addressed apparently.

Room was average and bathroom smelt damp and had mould in the shower. Hairdryer was not very powerful, so if you need 2000watts bring your own. Butler service good and cleaners do a good job. The gym is great and the staff are wonderful. The best member of staff was Guil in watersports who drove the boat every morning for us to wakeboard, he was brilliant.

Breakfast was excellent, good choice and well presented. However the same could not be said of the evening meal (buffet) it was repetitive and boring. When we arrived we were presented with a letter stating that we could eat at three other restaurants in the hotel and get a credit. We went to Diwan L'Auberge to eat and it was dreadful. In addition to this when we came to sign we were told we could not get credit there as we were not entitled to do so. After 45 minutes arguing we left and complained to the reception and spoke to the deputy food and beverage manager who said we were entitled to eat there. However this was a spoilt night. He encouraged us to try Mezzaluna which we did and when we arrived the Maitre'd he said we were not entitled to get credit there! We told him about our conversation with the manager and he called him. He came back and told us that we could eat there and offered us a free drink. He asked the waiter 'what is she drinking?' and he was told champagne (my usual holiday tipple) and he scoffed and said 'that's about right!' I do not expect to be offered a free drink then be insulted. Therefore another unhappy evening.
The next morning we went down for a coffee at the coffee shop (there are no coffee or tea facilities in your room - poor!) which was a few feet away from the breakfast area. My husband was told he could not be served as the dress code dictated no shorts or flip flops. However, if he had been sitting in the breakfast area he would have been fine. We don't mind dress codes or rules, but only if they are sensible which this rule is not. We have travelled extensively around the world and to other countries in the UAE but we found the rules to be excessive. We do not go on holiday to be told what to wear and what we cannot do. Our first week therefore was a disaster and we decide to speak to a more senior manager. Once we had done that we felt he had taken our complaints seriously and dealt with matters appropriately and professionally. Our second week was great but unfortunately our first week was ruined. My advice is if you have any issues, speak to a senior manager as there are lots of juniors who are unable to make decisions. Don't waste your holiday complaining to the wrong people.
Therefore, in short, hotel is too big, rules need relaxing, food in the buffet needs to be more varied, rooms need attention and staff need to know what your entitlements are. The best thing about this hotel is Hakkasan the Chinese restaurant.
It is unlikely that we will return to the Emirates Palace.

Room Tip: East wing for couples without children
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rusty27
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The palace is magnificent, beautiful and sparkling. The pools are amazing, loved the waterfalls and the lazing in the hammocks in the water was just great.
The only disappointment was the food, especially the buffet. There was very few variation from day to day and not much choice for vegetarians. The indian selection was a disaster.
I have had better selection of breakfast in 4 star hotels! My husband likes the idea of chef making pancakes & waffles in front of you and then he can have his choice of toppings. Here there was no selections and they made it for you and brought it to your table. One morning they actually served the curry from the night before as breakfast and had a different name for it! It's a real shame when you stay in such an expensive hotel.

1  Thank Ureyz
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

We were supposed to stay here for 10 nights thank god we moved hotel !!
True the hotel looks impressive ( apart from all the road works right outside ) but the hotel is living on its name.
The rooms are dark and dated. Someone had been sick on the carpet sure they had tried to clean it but it smelled terrible!!! They tried to tell me it was the cleaning fluid they had used !!!!
The shower head was full of lime scale and fittings were old.. Not 5 star!!
They take a credit card number when you check in ' we don't take money out of your account' .... Errr YES they did!!!! Nearly £700!!!! Days to get it back!!!
Pool ... Not above 6 people there and yet I had to go looking for someone to do the beds( why should I do them myself?? I pay for this service!!) I asked for a bucket of ice which never arrived!!! Terrible!!!
We were on a complimentary half board package. We normally stay at Jumeirah beach in Dubai and on this board basis can eat in ANY of the 22 restaurants at NO extra cost..... Well not at emirates palace!!!!!! We were only allowed to eat in the Buffett restaurant!!!!! Not even allowed to use the other restaurants with a allowance and pay the difference!!!!!!
..... Oh unless you are from Germany then you can!!! This is a German company after all !!!! How is this fair??? I did not pay nearly £4000 to eat in a buffet restaurant... Where may I add the food was cold, no live cooking stations and quite frankly the food was far from 5 star!!!!
The hotel is far too big to have any real feeling about it. So so disappointing!!!
Thank goodness we moved after one night. I do feel people who stay there need to be more honest and not just say how fantastic it is just because its Emirates Palace and they feel they HAVE to say its perfect.... Cause it's really not!!!

7  Thank Jillbrodie
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I would lke to thank the entire staff and management of the emirates palace for making our stay so relaxing and special.Thank you deepak for making our anniversary night so special, and thank you Karen for arranging all the special amenities for us.

We left the hotel with a heavy heart and wish to be back next year again!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We have just returned from a 5 day half board stay. We had stayed 7 nights in the Westin in Dubai then transferred to the Emirates Palace. We were wishing we had stayed the full 12 days in the Emirates Palace. Without a doubt this is the best Hotel we have ever stayed in. I had my 60th birthday when I was there and they made me feel so special, arriving at our room with a beautiful birthday cake a huge banner and singing Happy Birthday!! We loved it so much we have already booked for August next year!!! Can't wait!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple