“Emirates Palace - Abu Dhabi”
Review of Emirates Palace

Emirates Palace
Ranked #6 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
dubai
“Emirates Palace - Abu Dhabi”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is certainly a Palace in the true meaning of the word, the elegant driveway up to the hotel along with the 'pillared' entrance show you just how 'special' this hotel really is. The lavish interiors and amazingly splendid rooms together with the staff who are some of the best in the hotel industry makes you feel almost like Royalty. The amazing gardens, the swimming pools and the overall feeling of grandeur abound - if you get the chance to only have a quick visit, it is more than worth it the interior artwork and decoration would put many a 'palace' to shame. Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Any room is more than adequate in this hotel, but if you can afford it go for a suite just for the o...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank monty2711

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed August 8, 2012

As its name says it does live up to the Palace Standards. Its is enormous, very well kept and luxurious and astonishin!!! Service is top class and it has amazing restaurants. If there was only one complain it would be that it is too big and you might find yourself having to do a very long walk from your room to go to dinner; but well worth it!!! I highly recommend it! If you are not able to stay there at least visit it...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stayed for two nights on a business trip through Abu Dhabi. By anyone's standards this hotel is huge and imposing. To walk from my room to reception was at least 10 minutes!

The service was to your typical first class UAE hotel levels. We checked in at 4am and everyone was there and super helpful. The rooms are huge and have all the mod cons. If I was going to be at all critical it would be that the hotel has been there for a little while so everything is not brand new - like frequently it is at Dubai / Abu Dhabi hotels so you get a little spoiled.

There are a wealth of restaurants inside the hotel so is a good base to meet with people if you are there for business.

All in all, no complaints and would readily go back, the location is good to boot.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank salukionholiday
Paris
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We visited the Emirates Palace hotel in Abu Dhabi several times since it opened, the first time in late 2006 and the last in 2011. Since I don't think we will ever go again, I thought of making my review now, with my impressions still fresh and clear about this extraordinary hotel. The location is stunning, at one end of the very beautiful Abu Dhabi Corniche, overlooking a huge and private beach of fine white sand and turquoise water. When you passe the gates, you enter in a big garden and drive up a hill decorated with an enchanting fountain and you see the enormous Palace looming above you. The car will leave you in a shaded area and you will be greeted by many staffs members, the double doors opened for you and you will find yourself in a big entrance, quite bare, with a TV screen showing the outside, so you can see when your car arrives with the valet, without waiting in the heat outside (I liked that!). The check-in is done in a separate smaller area on the right side of this entrance and, when you continue walking, you arrive in a huge round hall with some very luxury shops around. In some aspects, the Emirates Palace hotel reminded me of another extraordinary palace, the al Bustan Palace Hotel in Muscat, Oman, but even bigger. Near the jewelery shops, there are some bars and cafes, dripping in marble, gold and Lalique crystal. Apart from the jewelery shop, I was deeply impressed by a galerie called Barakat, selling amazing Art Primitif antiques, the type you see in the musee du quai Branly in Paris. The hotel organises also sometimes impressive Art exhibitions and I saw there an exhibition about Islamic embroidery (I think it was the title), with rooms and rooms of beautiful wall hangings and other items coming from all over the Islamic world, some from Central Asia. My only problem was that, it was a "ladies time viewing" so my husband couldn't enter with me but, once I was inside, I was the only visitor and there were many male security guards, one of them startling me coming out of a dark corner while I was looking at a wall hanging. I didn't feel comfortable and, if it was only for ladies and their males relatives could accompany them, it should have been female security guards there. One Christmas, we went to see the most expensive Christmas tree in the world in the big lobby. It was a huge Christmas tree and, on big Christmas bubbles, there were the most beautiful and expensive pieces of jewelery, ruby and diamond necklaces, diamond bracelets, earrings...it was magnificicent. It was not the first time this idea was used because, years before that, Place Vendome, one of the jeweler had put small Christmas tress in its windows displays decorated with jewels, it was magical. At the Emirates Place, that time, the security guards were again too over present and we harly took any photos because they were just following our every moves. I wear myself very expensive pieces and they didn't need to worry I will snatch one from the tree! If I want one, I will buy it but they just completely put me off. And this is my problem with this hotel, you never feel relaxed there but always followed and watched. There are huge long corridors, almost as large as roads, very empty and eerie and more than once, walking alone because my husband was busy, I didn't feel comfortable, like I was being watched by "The Others". It is big and beautiful but I will not go there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Jeanne70
Scotland
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights recently having visited before but wanted to experience staying here and enjoy what looked like the best hotel beach in Abu Dhabi. Loved it. We had free half board which saved a fortune. This was meant to be lunch or dinner in 5 differents restaurants. Having arrived late at night on our first night and missed dinner, when I asked if we could have lunch the next day instead we were told no which seemed strange as I don`t know when you were meant to fit in a possible lunch if check in time is 3 O`Clock. Reception then reluctantly said we could or on our last day but we did not bother as it seemed they were giving us a favour!

Having been shown to our room during the night when basic room information is too much when you are shattered,I was surprised that having read all about butlers here that we never encountered one during our stay. Our room was lovely as expected. As the hotel was very very quiet I was a bit dissappointed that we were given a room with a car park view - not that we used the balcony much anyway. Housekeeping was great.

The hotel is very big. We never did find all the restaurants we could have eaten at but chose to use the buffet one which was fine. Good if you like spicy foods. You might struggle here is your taste is for plain foods. You might have to visit the kids selection. I liked the salads though. The choice was wide and varied and all foods were very well labled. Lovely cakes etc but was dissappointed that there was no ice cream here. Breakfast was lovely too. The staff made this restaurant special. They would greet you by name and new your room number after a couple of days.

The beach was lovely. Only one end was being used which was fine for us as it was the end we were staying in and both pools surpassed my expectations. Lots of lawns and shade. It felt that you were in your own private garden at times. Lovely swim up bar for cocktails and lazy river. A jacuzzi that would have boiled you was very surprising especially in 40 plus heat. Lots of little treats during the day given out by staff.

Best part of this stay was going to see the camels on the beach and having a camel ride. There was a baby one too. There were really beautiful sculptures beside the beach too.

The hotel itself felt very empty and lacking in atmosphere but is very beautiful just to wander around. Its close by to the Marina mall which you need a taxi for as there is a hugh amount of building work and road works around the hotel which we knew about but did not affect our visit.

As much as I loved my stay I don`t think I would rush to go back. It was a great experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The way it worked out, we were there at Christmas which we thought would be pretty ordinary being in the UAE but we ended up having a ball and got the best christmas present ever- a free upgrade from a diamond room to a palace suite! The whole resort feels like Versailles, it really is a palace so even if you can't stay here, it is a tourist attraction in itself but it is definitely worth it to stay a night or 2.

It was absolutely incredible, our room was almost as big as our whole house back home and with our own butler, what more could you want! Unlike the 'presidential' floor, our bathroom sinks were silver rather than solid gold and the diamonds in the door handles weren't real diamonds but somehow we survived! :) There are heaps of restaurants and shops throughout so we certainly never went hungry (can recommend the 'camelccino'- camel milk cappuccino) and it's really close to the marina mall for more shopping.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Nottingham England
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We've been to the Middle East many times and this place did not disappoint. We went in June , by gum it's hot 42 to 44 degrees. Usually we go to to UAE etc in November, temperatures tend to be more bearable, a mere 33 or so. The hotel was very quiet and a chilled atmosphere prevailed. No queues, no bother, just slick and efficient as expected. We travelled from Heathrow with BA on a half board deal, good move:- cause this place aint cheap. It's a Palace after all. If you look around you and you think its gold, it is! Buffet , well not a buffet really, the poshest one I've ever been in, the food choice and quality was unbelievable, who needs restaurants?
This is not a place for boozers unless you rich, beer's a tenner a pint, yes a tenner! Some folk nip off to Etihad Towers (a spectacle it's self), across the road to Ray's Bar, more sensible, more touristy prices for beer etc. It's a 10 minute walk, but don't bother walking , taxis here are dead cheap. £2 to the Etihad towers £12 to the airport. Hotel taxis are dearer by 50%, but if you going here perhaps it dosen't matter?
Day out ? Ferrari World, Taxi £12 but then buckle up:- 1 adult premier ticket and 1 child ticket £106.(The missus stayed by the pool.) But don't worry, get on that Formula Rossa rollercoaster you won't care, it's mad. Whole trip is about half a day and amazingly the place is nearly all indoors apart from the big rides.
Would I go again to Abu Dhabi? possibly.
Dubai seems to have it all and more of it.

Room Tip: Just go, we had the poor mans Coral Room with a balcony and a 50 inch telly and a Butler on the land...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family