“Finally I found what i was looking for !”
Review of Almaz by Momo

Almaz by Momo
Ranked #264 of 2,149 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2014

It's the first time I have eaten a nice moroccan food since I came to UAE ...recommanded by a friend of mine since the first step I was warmly welcomed by Mr MAHDI a tall guy he asked if I would like to stay indoor or outdoor ... he is all the time smiling checking if I need something for being more compfortable me and all the costumers around ...since he is speaking four languages...I was really impressed .
all the staff are friendly and helpful the managers were present everywhere,the food was excellente a really delecious as the real moroccan food is
I recommand everybody to try the tasty food and the oustanding service of ALMAZ restaurant .

can't wait to come back .

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Had dinner here with friends. Excellent service from waiters, food was very good. We went for the set menu which had lots of variety and portions were too big! On the menu are your staple moroccan dishes such as Harrira, Tajeen, Basteela and many others which we tried for the first time. Definitely worth a visit and will be going back there again.

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Atmosfer amazing, staff friendly, value-money excellent and very kind management , especially Ivana!!! We will be back for sure!

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We walked in to be seated; the friendliness of the welcome varies each time depending on the host/hostess on the door. As a rule the Hosts are much much more friendly and accommodating than the hostesses; I actually walked out on one occasion a couple months ago because the hostess was rude, and decided we did not want to stay (shame because this is one of my favourite spots in Abu Dhabi).

We ordered the following:

Drinks: Iced Tea with Peach (AED 28), Iced Tea with lemon (AED 28), Moroccan Tea (AED 30), and an Iced Latte (AED 25).

Food: Harrira Soup (Chickpeas, lentils, with lamb in a tomato based stock – AED 32), Lamb Tagine (Braised lamb, with pears, prunes and almonds – AED 72), Side of Couscous, Quinoa Salad (Quinoa with goat’s cheese and a corn puree).

Sheisha: Mango, Grape and mint (AED 60 each with dinner, AED 90 each without dinner).

The iced tea was very refreshing (definitely prefer the peach to the lemon), the iced latte was a bit sweeter than expected but that just depends on the individual tastes. The food was fantastic, Harrira was just the way it should be, tasty and the flavours melding together. The lamb tagine and couscous was cooked perfectly, the lamb just falling apart to the touch; the quinoa salad was good but I feel it is missing a certain ‘je ne sais quoi’, it is rather bland, maybe a sprinkling of some more herbs might enhance the flavor. The sheisha at Almaz lasts all night, very smooth and doesn’t burn easily. All in all it’s a great location, the staff are good fun, and mostly smiles, the music is different to everywhere else, I love the ambiance. The only issue is you can only have sheisha outdoors, and it's hard to get a table outside if the weather is nice.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Nice atmosphere both indoors and outdoors. The host, Mahdy, was the epitome of rudeness. When asked him to replace a my very steep and uncomfortable chair with another, which were available all around, he dismissed me twice with "give me a minute" then the last time flatly refused saying he is not going to do it. Finally, my husband had to get up and ask if he can borrow an unused chair from another table which he was very courteously granted. I don't know where this host was taught hospitality and how this mannerism can be tolerated by the managers and customers of Almaz. The managers need to be more vigilant with such behavior.
I had the chicken couscous and had heartburn throughout the night, which I never get. I'd go there only for shisha and tea (their Moroccan tea is very nice).
Our server, Omar, was extremely nice and helpful.