“Great Restaurant”

Ranked #82 of 2,189 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Taking its name from the intricate process of forging or shaping high quality steak knife blade, The Forge is serving specialty cuisine in a stylish and contemporary setting paired with the world's finest wines. Private dining rooms and a variety of seating options provide the ultimate dining experience.
Reviewed March 16, 2014

While our last stay in Abu Dhabi, we tried different restaurants, we decided to give a special mention to The Forge where we enjoyed the immense diversity of choice and the quality of each cut from around the world. Huge satisfaction as well from the high level of service delivered by the team and management of the restaurant. The service was present and delicate throughout the dinner, with smile and warmth.
Highly recommended until we have the chance to go back

2  Thank Carlo O

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Decided to eat here since i was staying at the hotel. It's quiet. Only 2 tables occupied, including mine till i leftat 830pm

Started with a caesar salad and it was ok, and the portion was huge I could only finish half of it. I didn't eat the bread as i was so stuffed already, but it looked good

Ordered the argentinian tenderloin and asked for medium. I checked the centre and it looked like medium well, and a good part of the edges were well-done. The chef did come by and checked on me, so that was a nice gesture. The fun part was also letting you choose your own steak knife

The molten lava chocolate cake also was overcooked and nothing was molten anymore

The bill was about USD120 and it would have been more if i ordered the Kobe or Wagyu,and what a waste it would have been, to overcook these ...

1  Thank bcheong
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I came with my partner and I had fun. Great experience and amazing service. The atmosphere of the restaurant is really cool and the sommelier was really helpful during the pairing of the food with wine.

1  Thank Tonypaquet
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Last day of Abu Dhabi Gourmet, I was very excited and expecting a lot for a 3 star michelin- International Master Chef. I dine with my partner, he is a chef and we both love to eat. Everytime we dine in fine dining restaurant there is always at least bread and butter served on the table for apetizer. There was no salt and pepper even on our table. The waiter gave us and explained to us the set menu and later the sommilier came and offered wine pairing for the set menu. My partner took the offer while I stick to water and mocktails due to medication. The mocktails I ordered were really good, however for my partner the wine paired was okay. Our first course came which was impressive especially with caviar (my fav), 2nd course came out and we find it very simple (just a potato) and so on and so fort which we found the food very normal and nothing special. Although the chicken is good and the rest looks dry like the fish. Even the desert was fine and ice cream was good. Desert wine taste nice and I like it. The staffs are almost perfect except for one waiter, I asked for wiFi password and he never came back, we need to ask another waiter to give us the password. The funny part is I was okay and not full at all coz I'm just a small person and doesn't eat a lot, unlike my partner who eats more than me of course. After paying almost AED 2,000 he still feels hungry and didn't really fill his stomach. Not like other fine dining restaurant that we have been to, I can't even finish my food, small portion but will really make you full. The ambiance is disturbing, our table was beside the window where you can see people passing by, instead having romantic dinner with my partner and celebrating valentines together in advance. We were disturb or seen by passerby. Not really a nice memorable one, thinking that should be superb because the restaurant is in Ritz Carlton Hotel.

5  Thank SofiaMonicaSy
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Although this restaurant was within the hotel we were staying at I can honestly say it was the best meal of the holiday and possibly one of the best steaks I've ever eaten!
The restaurant was very quiet (we went on a Sunday night) so we may have had extra attention but the staff were fabulous. They really took time to make sure we had everything we wanted but weren't too intrusive and were happy to make conversation when engaged.
The food was out of this world, even the bread basket we started with was delicious. The fillet steak my boyfriend and I both had literally melted in your mouth and the sides and sauces were to die for too. After feasting on all that we shared a strawberry cheesecake (made on site by the chefs from the Dolce ice-cream parlour) which was also heavenly.
We shared a mid-range bottle of red which just completed the meal perfectly.
The cost with a generous tip was 1100 dhms which although expensive was, for UAE standards, pretty fair and it was worth every penny.
We can't wait to go back to Abu Dhabi and The Forge will definitely be on our agenda.