“Excellent rest in AD, a must try!”
Review of Benjarong

Benjarong
Reserve with OpenTable
Benjarong is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 2,241 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Dusit Thani's signature Benjarong restaurant offers an exclusive environment of vintage Thai style in a contemporary setting. With its vast menu of Royal Thai specialities, Benjarong offers authentic cuisine complemented by personalized service.
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've been living in AD for the past 7 months and this is my first review of a rest here. Reason being is I had one of the best meals in AD in Benjarong, it should be ranked among the top 10 rest in AD.
Delicious Thai food, the ingredients were fresh and so tasty. We ordered the spicy beef salad, chicken green curry and path thai noodles and they were all superb.
The rest layout and atmosphere were very pleasant, perfect lighting and table set up.
One drawback was the service, we went on a Thursday night, the rest was almost fully booked and there were only 3 to 4 waiters serving, it was understaffed.
Hope the above tip is helpful :)

DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Benjarong, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2016

Dear Happytrails06,

Thank you for your review of Benjarong Restaurant.

We are delighted that you recognize our colleagues effort and your comments has been shared with the team as well.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in Benjarong Restaurant.

Yours sincerely,

Desmond Hatton

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I've been looking around Abu Dhabi for the best place to go for authentic Thai dishes. So far I can say that Benjarong offers the best Thai dining experience. The setting is cozy, elegant and comfortable at the same time. The staff were very attentive, made me feel sincere hospitality.

The food is excellent, though I can say that their Tom Yam soup isn't the best in Abu Dhabi. I loved the combination of taste in their papaya salad, being a healthy dish is a plus. The fish cake is the best! I ordered King prawns for my main dish and I wasn't disappointed, the giant prawns' taste and presentation was really fit for a king.

It's a plus also that Benjarong has its own bar so guests can enjoy some wine while savoring delectable dishes, or just have a drink of choice after a satisfying meal.

It's a little pricey though but you get the value of what you pay.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We have been to this restaurant during the month of May, it was all a wonderful experience. But went recently last week, the food was not bad at all. But the service was really poor, staff couldn't able to pour wine properly. I have asked for bill twice and received after 20 minutes and had to come back for the valet parking stamp. Normally other hotel restaurants advise for stamp when the guest leaves but its totally a different world.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

A small group of us decided to try the new Dusit Thani Hotel in Abu Dhabi and I saw from their website that they had a Thai restaurant. As it is a Thai owned Hotel chain it seemed reasonable to expect the food to be good, but it was even better than expectation.
The Hotel is still in its 'soft opening' stage, the formal launch is expected in the next couple of weeks, so it was very quiet. However Benjarong was by far the busiest restaurant of those offered.
The restaurant has a seperate Bar area where you can all meet up before eating. This is nicely laid out and the prices were very reasonable.
The decor is very restful and has a comfortable and welcoming feel.
The staff were mainly from Thailand and they were very welcoming and helpful, and always ready to make sure your glass didn't remain empty for any time. Their knowledge of the menu was excellent and the kitchen staff are also Thai so we were confident that the food would be as authentic as the availability of ingredients allowed.
Three of the group had soup for starter and I had a very tasty spicy beef salad. I had asked for spicy and it was which is good as so many restaurants assume you cannot take the spice.
The main courses were very generous and with two chicken dishes, a mixed seafood dish (sorry the name escapes me) and the final dish was King Prawns. All were cooked to the individuals requirements for spiciness and everyone was delighted at the flavours and tastes.
The wines were well priced, and the food was also well priced. I hope the prices don't change after the gala opening because at the moment they represent very good value.
On asking if there was any discount for airline staff ID we were immediately offered the chance to sign up for a Dusit Thani 'Dining Card' which gives 20% discount immediately!
I would definitely recommend this restaurant on price, the staff, food quality, food portions, and the feel of the restaurant.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Ambience is good. We ordered spicy papaya salad - was good but found it overly spicy (& i'm a malaysian who usually eat some spicy food). Unless you are used to very spicy food, perhaps better to tell the chef to tone it down slightly. Tom Yum was very good though - nice balance of sour, salty and sweetness from the seafood. Found the pad-thai slightly salty.