“Not my type of seafood restaurant”
Review of Karakanda

Karakanda
Ranked #1,491 of 2,151 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The Karakanda in Marnia Mall Abudhabi.
I tried this one at lunch time
The fish not fesh
The service were poor
I did not enjoy it i may not come back

1  Thank bnghanem

Reviewed December 23, 2013

The lovely view from the restaurant does not make up for the lack of organization, taste, professionalism or class of this restaurant.

We ordered three meals, and each one came out at different times. Mine was iced cold (fresh grilled fish is what I ordered.)

The five children under five seated at a near table were running amuck around the restaurant adding to my discontent. I know it's not the restaurant's fault, but it IS management's responsibility to tell the parents to keep their children out of harm's way, i.e. the scurrying servers carrying large, hot plates and trays.

We will not return nor recommend. Sorry, it's a lovely setting for a restaurant.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Good restaurant.
Ambiance is fine, with a view on the Marina.
Nicely decorated tables, with plenty of shells under the glass.
Personnel very kind and full of attentions.

Gorgeous taboulah, even enourmous!
Excellent lobster, with white sauce whose name I don't remember. Waiter was very attentive and fetched additional sauce, as I was enjoying soaking my bread in it!
At the end delicious carob melassa offered.

Price was correct, I spent around 250 UAE.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I love the place, the fornitures and decorations of this restaurant. I have picked up the fish from the ice expositor with recommendation from the waiter. I had halwayoo, commonly known as black banded trevally. The fish arrived soon, in the meanwhile I had tuna fish which came with Arab bread and olives.
The only criticism is that they haven't wine, as could often happen in the UAE restaurants. Other than this the experience was great and I will return again in this place.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The restaurant was ok. The waiters were friendly but loomed around the table quite a bit. I ordered the sweet and sour shrimp with rice and the shrimp itself was very good, but the rice was dry and gritty. It was a bit pricey for what we got, but it was an okay place to eat if you're looking for seafood, as the quality of the seafood is good. The atmosphere is a bit lacking, but it has a great view of the marina. I enjoyed it, but I can't say I'd go back unless I'm really craving some fish.