“Great Shawerma (doner kebab)”
Review of Shish Shawerma

Shish Shawerma
Ranked #155 of 2,149 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: SHISH SHAWERMA provides an exceptional kind of Shawerma that is made from fresh beef/chicken which is marinated with our unique blend of spices. Guests can also interact with the bakers preparing our signature bread fresh throughout the day. Also available is a selection of Salads, Appetizers and Fresh Fruit Juice.
Reviewed February 12, 2014

For maximum enjoyment, order the Shawerma salad (i.e. just the meat & veg) (AED30).

The people who don't like it are usually those who order the Shawerma sandwich (meat, veg, mayo, chips in a pita bread sandwich) because they have chips & heavy mayonnaise in the sandwich. The sandwich is cheaper (AED20) and so popular with locals & students.

1  Thank Footloose_Ed

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Shish Shawerma was recommended to us to the local. Many have try to copy but Abu Dhabi is the place for this.

The place is small but buzzing with excitement. Cooks busy fulfilling the orders, making bread, another blending various fruit juices.

Appetizers price start from 10-30AED for French fries to Shawerma plate. There are salads, kaakeh, crepes (savory and sweet), kid's special, various types of fruits juice.

We ordered all the 3 types if sandwich; beef, chicken and arayes Shawerma, at 10AED each you can't go wrong. The size is a bit small but otherwise very tasty.

For appertizers we ordered cheese rolls and kebbeh. I personally found the cheese rolls were a bit to salty for my liking.

Services were fast and friendly.

Overall nice cheap meals, you can't go wrong.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We adore their food, fruit drinks and desserts. The best Shawerma in Abu Dhabi! We always take an extra plate for our doggies, who give it 4 paws up as well!

1  Thank hvdvoorde
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The shawerma was good and it was quite inexpensive. This was the first time I ever had shawerma since I am new to the region, and I very much enjoyed it. The restaurant itself was a bit small, but I feel it is much more meant to be a takeout restaurant. Would definitely recommend for a quick lunch!

1  Thank Stephanie A
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This place has changed shawerma in Abu Dhabi.

There are a lot of great shawerma places to eat, however since this placed opened I am told about 1 time per month by someone that "they found this great place, have you tried shish shawerma?". It's that good. Everyone that tries it feels like they have a little secret.

If you go there at night, particularly on weekends, you will notice this place has literally altered the traffic patterns of the entire area because it gets so much drive through business. Note I do not recommend driving because you will be stuck.

When eating there I recommend not getting cute and trying the larger pizza type shawerma and just go with the original. It's the best by far.

Also though I love lamb, the chicken is way better. Go chicken, and get more than 1. Trust me.

Another good find is the chicken shawerma salad, however note it seems to take them a long time to make anything except shawerma because so much of the assembly line is focused.

2  Thank Wrstling1