“Excellent service , Great atmosphere and attentive staff”
Review of La Mer Seafood - CLOSED

La Mer Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent service , Great atmosphere and attentive staff”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

It's was my first time to La Mer (definitely not the last), I had dinner with a friend on a Thursday night which happened to be a Dinner Brunch Night, excellent choice to start the weekend. Elena at the restaurant reception desk was very nice and helpful, she escorted me to the table and made sure everything is OK, also escorted my guest to my table when he arrived, great welcoming.

Starter buffet was good, sushi , maki, cheese collection and of course the special oyster station. For the main course we had to choose from one of five plates on the Dinner Brunch menu. We went for the Lobster and Mix Seafood (I think that's what its called), not a big portion but still was good plate. Justin who was taking care of us in our table was excellent, very friendly , had the time to tell us about the restaurant , very welcoming and informative and attentive, even when we asked him to move outdoors (after seeing the amazing atmosphere outside by the pool when went for a smoke) he did straight away and made our night even better. welcoming service and attentiveness as such is the reason I knew after just five minutes from entering La Mer that I'm coming back again.

Special thanks also to Mzamo the sommelier who was more than happy to help us in the choice of drinks always with a smile on his face.
Thanks also to Marco the restaurant manager who came and asked about our meal and sure all is going well.

4 Thank Nasr a

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Great service and ambience, average food quality.”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Went with a party of 4 to try the Thursday seafood buffet. The package included a good variety of wines. The bouillabaisse was great, but the main courses were dry and very average. The buffet itself had a very limited choice of rather bland cold seafood. Oysters were not the best. Buffet in general had very limited choice.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank AngmohofArabia
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Good restaurant with Nice Ambiance”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We visited La Mer for the first time for our anniversary. It was our first time in Sofitel, the hotel and the restaurant are on the high end ; nice ambiance and good quality food.We sat on the amazing external terrace and the place was on a Thursday night.

The soup took long time to be served, we enjoyed the sea food buffet starters in the meantime. They had shrimps,oysters , sushi , cheese , bread, calamari & others... Our main dish was good as well and we had very tasty drinks & sheesha.

I would recommend this place for other reviewers and would definitely book again in future.

4 Thank Madozake
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Amazing food, attentive service, perfect ambiance”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My wife and I were seated a few minuets earlier than our reservation and were accommodated with a table switch very quickly when we found the wind outside on the patio to be too much without being strapped into our chairs. The staff made the change to an inside table within seconds. The waitstaff, particularly Justin and Amine, were extremely attentive but in no way hovering and intrusive. We shared appetizers, the foie gras & lobster apps were delicious, and our salmon and sea bass main courses were cooked and presented perfectly. My wife opted for the wine buffet for 99AED (or 100AED I forget) and it was well worth it. The wine buffet entailed a choice of 4 whites & 4 reds. Justin matched each part of the meal with one of the available wines for my wife. She raved all night about how well they were paired. The check even came with the 20% factored in from RoundMenu.com when we made the reservation online without my even asking. The chef even came out to check on us after the meal. The prices were very fair, the service was phenomenal, and the food was impressive. We will be back.

4 Thank Joe F
Lisbon, Portugal
“Marine delicacy-Delicious”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Chef Than has a sofisticated yet varied menu. The blend of tastes, color, texture and aromas is exquisite both to the eyes and the palate. we were celebrating a special occasion and had appetizers, soup, main dish and pudding!!! (not to mention the extra cake-complete with candle and song!)The amuse bouche of oyster gratinée was delicious. The coquille St Jacque were cooked to perfection, the bisque was beautiful and full flavored, the papillote of seabass delicately mixed east and west. The fondant was a chocolate lover's dream. A Chassagne Montrachet went well with all our choices (the wine list has a delightful collection of old world and new world wines).The experience was well enriched by Justin's care, wit and good recommendations. Thank you for a very special evening to the whole team. We shall be back.

4 Thank Richard K