“Lebanese Feast”

Almayass
Ranked #40 of 2,302 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Armenian, Lebanese, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "There is no love sincerer than the love of food". Tucked away at the Sheraton Corniche Abu Dhabi, an institution in capital hotels, Al Mayass delivers Old World splendor in a relaxed setting. Though a newly opened venue to Abu Dhabi diners, this veteran restaurant has been setting the standards in traditional Lebanese-Armenian Cuisine in the heart of Lebanon for over a decade. A palate of warm earth tones accented with beautifully crafted tiles and soft lighting, the decor is as welcoming as the knowledgeable and friendly staff. Intimate and inviting, this eatery will make you wish you had an Armenian grandmother serving up memories on a platter.
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Having lived in Germany for 4 years I have to admit that we took advantage of the American chains while in the Emirates for 5 days. They got old quickly and I was glad we found al Mayass. we made a reservation for 5 and decided to split a mixture of 7 hot and cold mezze dishes and two grilled meat main dishes. The waiter offered to make a selection for us but we made our own selections, not an easy task. He did talk us into a few extras but I am glad that he did. Our menu was more than enough food for 5 people and based on prior dining experiences in Abu Dhabi I thought the check was going to be pretty expensive. To my surprise the check ended up being about $25 per person including service (water only)...one of the best dining deals we found on our trip. One tip, make sure you inform your taxi driver that the restaurant is in the Sheraton Corniche, there are two Sheraton's in the city. We made it the first time with a little bit of guesswork. The restaurants website looks great, but there is no menu, which I selfishly want to view now so I can remember the dishes we had.

Sevag A, Owner at Almayass, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Sir,

We thank you for your positive review, we highly appreciate the comments and will share it with the staff.

Thank you for the tip about the location, we will make sure we mention that on our website and on tripadvisor.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I judge the quality of any middle eastern restaurant by its Tabouli. Al Mayass' Tabouli soars above all the rest. The main ingredients (tomato and parsley) are super fresh and elegantly minced and mixed together; the lemon juice and olive oil are well balanced with just the perfect amount of salt, pepper, onion and burghul. A mouth watering and appetizing start to any meal. And it's just a start. The Armenian dishes that followed were obviously prepared with careful attention to preserve the authenticity of the cuisine. It immediately shows in taste and presentation. The Basterma, Soujouk and Kibbe Saj were among my favorites. For dessert, we sampled Osmalieh (a pile of soft sugar candy and pastry dough hiding some milk Kashta all sweetened with a sugary orange blossom syrup). Wasn't much to look at but packed a sweet punch with its unique texture and flavor. The food was complemented by efficient and friendly servers with hawk's eyes attention to promptly satisfy our needs and pleasure. The place itself is warmly lit, its sections are well divided, roomy, cozy with a long balcony. To top it all of, the place offers one of the best (if not the best) shisha in Abu Dhabi. Al Mayass has two things going for it, the popularity of the Lebanese cuisine and the authenticity and quality of its Armenian food. If you are a fan of any these cuisines, the place is unmatched.

Sevag A, Owner at Almayass, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you Bassam for this wonderful review. These reviews make real sense to us when they are written by connaisseurs of this Oriental/Armenian cuisine, and when they come to judge very simple dishes, like Tabbouleh or Moutabbal, which are mostly based on the quality of the ingredients and their proportions....

I proudly can say that most, if not all, of the ingredients are imported daily from Lebanon/Syria/Armenia to make sure the dishes keep the authenticity of the taste.

We are looking forward to have you on board again and again...

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I came here with my friends a month back. Food and Service is Top Notch. I had never tried Armenian food before I came to al Mayass. In love with it now.

Sevag A, Owner at Almayass, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Noel,

Thanks for your review, highly appreciated by all of us, Mangement, staff and owners...We are happy that we made you discover a nouvelle cuisine and will warmly welcome you next time you visit us.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Planning to dine at Al Mayass becomes an appetizing experience on its own! We go to Al Mayass as a group of friends to dinner all the time; the staff is welcoming, discreet, accommodating, efficient & above all, always smiling. The atmosphere is cozy yet chic, busy yet comfortable. Now, the food is something else: every time we're sitting at the table and expecting the food to arrive, the build-up of excitement almost feels like we're about to be rewarded for a deed well done! The aroma is heavenly, filled with freshness & spice; the taste is mouthwatering & succulent as if it were prepared with dedication & love. With all its diverse flavors, the shisha is great & the coal keeps coming! As a regular this is how I feel & when I invite guests in from abroad, they all keep lusting for it after they've gone! Recommended for any occasion & all visits become occasions.

Sevag A, Owner at Almayass, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Ahmed,

This was one of the best reviews we have ever had/read. It is exactly what we strive to be and yet we did not have the right words to describe it.... The only thing we could do is perhaps to inspire you :).

We thank you, as owners, management and staff for your time in drafting this unique review, and wish welcoming you more often.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 14, 2013

At Al Mayass you can taste some of the best dishes in terms of Armenian/Middle Easter cuisine, some of my favorites are: Sherry Kababs, Basterma (like pastrami) with quail eggs, Armenian salad, Sojouk (Armenian sausages) with tomatoes and Manti ...
In this restaurant I am sure you won't be disappointed neither by the food nor by the service.

Sevag A, Owner at Almayass, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Dear Adib,

The Restaurnat Management and staff would like to thank you for your feedback, with whom your feedback has been shared. We would like to welcome you anytime you feel like visiting us.

The dishes you have selected are the signature dishes of the restaurant... and i myself go there for the same ones...

Thanking you again, with regards