“Proper and professional customer service”
Review of Almayass

Almayass
Ranked #39 of 2,121 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Armenian, Lebanese, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "There is no love sincerer than the love of food". Tucked away at the Sheraton Corniche Abu Dhabi, an institution in capital hotels, Al Mayass delivers Old World splendor in a relaxed setting. Though a newly opened venue to Abu Dhabi diners, this veteran restaurant has been setting the standards in traditional Lebanese-Armenian Cuisine in the heart of Lebanon for over a decade. A palate of warm earth tones accented with beautifully crafted tiles and soft lighting, the decor is as welcoming as the knowledgeable and friendly staff. Intimate and inviting, this eatery will make you wish you had an Armenian grandmother serving up memories on a platter.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My cousin and I walked in without a reservation and were warmly welcomed, but the restaurant was booked. Tony cordially asked us to wait and returned with a couple of seating options. One table we could have but he apologized that we would have to give it up when the reservation arrived. He was so kind and accommodating that we didnt mind limiting our visit. Many thanks to Tony and entire staff for taking care of us!

Sevag A, Owner at Almayass, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you uor dear guest for your review. We have shared it with Tony, who recollected your visit. We look forward having you with us again, and we hope besides the customer service, the culinary experience will be memorable.

Warm regards,

Sevag

Reviewed September 3, 2013

delicious and a nice place to chill out .5 stars service.
best shisha as well , I go there on regular basis . last feast they they offered us 2 huge dessert selection and it was such a nice professional compliment we were flattered and so happy.

Sevag A, Owner at Almayass, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for the positive feedback. With so many options in the city, we're proud and grateful that you define us as a good Lebanese/Armenian restaurant. It's wonderful to hear that our staff took such great care of you. We'll be sure to pass your kind words along to them! Thank you one more time and we hope seing you again!

Regards,

Sevag

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Armenian Lebanese food is excellent in Lebanon, but Al Mayass in Abu Dhabi is where I can really find equivalents of the many delicacies the territory has to offer abroad outside my country Lebanon. Each time I go when lunch or dinner or even smoking a shisha outside, I spend hours..such a very pleasant place. I appreciate the great service and the owners are very friendly and most the food is AMAZING! "Portions are large and presented attractively"...Bon Appétit!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Al Mayass belongs in a special category of restaurants, if there was a "Leading Restaurants of the World" grouping of fine dining establishments then this restaurant surely belongs among them.
I arrived earlier than the party I was dining with and didn't find a bar to sit at; instead I was seated in style in the small but cozy waiting area, drink in hand, surrounded with the comforts of a Middle Eastern scene. The attentiveness of the staff began there, making sure I was stocked up with mixed nuts and drinks.
The dining experience was exquisite, it is a culinary experience for the senses to taste the fusion of unusual ingredients in traditional dishes.
Chicken liver with pomegranate, vine leaves, knafeh for dessert, Cherry Kebab? A first for me, and I would come back for more. And more. And more...
It's a real pleasure having discovered Al Mayass, for it is not a place that you go to eat, rather it is a place to indulge your culinary senses, where you realize that the sense of taste does have a purpose after all other than the usual fare of sweet/salty/spicy impressions you get at other eating establishments.
Delightful food, stellar service and a warm and comfortable atmosphere.
Al Mayass sets the bar high for other restaurants and they will need an Olympic record-holding high-jumper as a coach to even come close.

1  Thank dzrtrmr
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Al Mayass is a little gem in the crowded restaurant scene in Abu Dhabi. With so many new dining choices popping up all over the Emirate, it is becoming harder for restaurants to stand out, but not for this particular one. I cannot think of anywhere else that offers the same kind of unique tastes and delights available at Al Mayass. Everything looks familiar as far as traditional Arabic food is concerned, but yet it all tastes different and unique. Every meal has been infused with a unique touch that makes you're tasting it for the first time. The environment is welcoming, the service is great and the food is the absolute highlight of the show. The next time you are considering a new place to dine in, I highly recommend you try Al Mayass and i'm almost certain you will be here writing your own recommendation soon after.