“Nice beach, but don't expect a tranquil experience”
Review of Yas Beach

Yas Beach
Ranked #25 of 112 things to do in Abu Dhabi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Yas Beach... Yas Island's only Beach and Abu Dhabi's best kept secret
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Yas Island beach is a private beach located close to the Yas Island hotels. It's about a 10 minute walk from the hotels to the beach along a well maintained and nicely landscaped walkway. The entrance fee is 50 AED/adult or the nearby hotels can provide a free pass for guests. The fee includes a towel and use of a beach chair. It wasn't too busy when I went on a Monday afternoon in December. However, I can imagine that during the weekends and holidays it will be quite busy. Chairs are close together so don't expect much privacy. The staff seemed friendly and helpful. The food smelled good from the restaurant. The water was very calm and good for kids and swimming. There are bathrooms and changing rooms available. I didn't use either so can't comment on the cleanliness. The only downside is that there seemed to be lots of chain smokers here. It would be nice if there could be a non-smoking section. I'll probably be back since I can get a free pass from the hotel that I'm staying at. However, I wouldn't go out of my way to visit this beach. I'm sure that there are nicer beaches in UAE.

1  Thank worldtraveller2801
"friday"
in 14 reviews
"uae"

Reviewed December 6, 2014

We went there during F1 grand Prix me and my husband are big sport lover.so it was nice time to spend near beach,near by lot of attraction.definitely a place to visit.

Reviewed December 4, 2014

If you have children then this is the beach for you. good if not outstanding facilities, close to lots of local atractions.

1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed December 4, 2014

It's 50AED during weekdays to get in, and 100AED from Friday - Sunday to get in. I initially thought that was a lot, but when entering the place, the seats are for free and the atmosphere is really cool. If you want those beds with the cute little curtains, that will cost you money, but the free beds are equally comfortable.

The food is good, although our Ceasar Salad had more salad than chicken (but hey! it's a salad :-)) and their Spritzer was the perfect drink for a hot summer day. Great sand, great beach volley ball, great water and beautiful sights.
Having difficulties to find a cab back after wards? Just walk up to Crown Plaza Hotel (right next to it) and you'll have plenty of cabs.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 1, 2014 via mobile

We went there expecting service that is expected on Yas Island, one of the biggest tourist areas of the UAE. We were extremely disappointed.

Even upon arrival, we were greeted with a towel in our face and no words or smiles to be had. We found a place to relax and tried to, but the staff began stacking up all of the beds, pillows, cushions, and other points of relaxation right next to us they could have chosen another area to do so, but it was very apparent that the staff was trying to make us feel unwelcome so that we would leave and they could go home early.

If that wasn't bad enough, while playing volleyball, the staff attempted to close our umbrellas and move our stuff due to weather. I had a confrontation with the staff and had to end up moving my stuff because they just had to close the umbrellas due to "high winds".

Overall, the food is mediocre, the beach is pretty nice, but the staff will ruin it for you in a hurry. Upon speaking to some other locals, they said the beach used to be much nicer and friendlier, but since it's recent success, Yas Beach has become a pretentious location full of rude and slightly hostile staff.

See my photos to see the environment we witnessed while there and decide for yourself if you would have felt welcome.

3  Thank AdamChong10