“Amazing chef's menu”

Villa Toscana
Ranked #6 of 2,062 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving hand-crafted, regional Italian specialties from Tuscany, Umbria, and Emilia-Romagna, Villa Toscana's design creates the feel of visiting the inviting summer home of an Italian noble.
“Amazing chef's menu”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had Ana amazing dinner last week at Villa Toscana. I had called ahead to inquire whether they offer a chef's tasting menu option and was told it wasn't normally offered but could be arranged with 24-hours' notice. So, we made a reservation. When we arrived, at first the server seemed a little confused by what we wanted. That ended quickly, though, when the manager I had spoke with over the phone came to welcome us and explain how they planned to arrange the meal w hat followed was awesome. My husband and I had gone to Catalan the week before and left disappointed. This experience was the complete opposite. The food was fantastic. We often shy away from Italian because it can be a little boring, but almost everything we tried was great. They sent out a really wide variety of appetizers, main dishes, and desserts, so we tried a broad variety and therefore speak with confidence when we say we recommend it highly. The service was great,t ok. They were attentive without being overbearing. They paced the meal really nicely, too, a skill I have found lacking in a lot of nicer restaurants here in Abu Dhabi.

• Visited March 2014

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Polenta that melted in my mouth!!!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Being a Polenta fan was pleasantly surprised when we were greeted with the softest hottest polenta as a starter with mouthwatering cheese that left you wanting more but with so much to choose from of the menu we had to leave room for other menu items......Pizza menu is like nothing I have ever seen before & the Risotto was a winner......Villa Toscana is a must!

• Visited January 2014
“Exquisite Italian fare with a classical setting”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Villa Toscana is a rising star in Abu Dhabi, I first visited in August to try it out in preparation for a friend's birthday dinner, and I was impressed - I have never had Italian food this delicious outside of Italy! Murad was a great help and always gives 110% to ensure that my friends and I have a great time. Suffice to say that I don't even have to order dishes, I just ask the chef to send whatever dish he selects to the table and share everything, and not one dish disappointed. I will definitely go back again!

Visited January 2014
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Best Italian in town...”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was the first time we were trying Villa Toscana and I'm delighted that we did. We were a group of ten of us so they recommended we try the communal/chef's table which was superb. Dish after dish of delightful italian food that didn't stop coming - by the end, we practically had to roll ourselves out of the restaurant. The head chef was excellent, the service attentive but not too imposing and overall, a fantastic evening. The highlight of the evening were the lamb chops which disappeared at speed as soon as they were tasted. For the amount of food and wine we consumed and the overall experience of the night, the bill at the end was surprisingly reasonable for a top end restaurant, coming out at around AED 550 per person. I will without hesitation be going back again (although am already starting to regret typing this review as I fear that getting a table in future is going to be difficult!)

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Probably current best Italian Restaurant in Abu Dhabi”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have been with wife and a couple of friends at Villa Toscana Friday January 10 for dinner. I had already tried it last month and the place did fully confirm its qualities. The tables are roomy and with comfortable chairs, the environment is not noisy plus it has a closed veranda and a great outdoor terrace. Most of the waiter were Italian, which made easier for us understanding each other but also provided the requested quality of service that is frequently missing in high level restaurants in the UAE. The majority of the guests were Italian too, which is usually a clear sign that you can get original Italian food. Has a starter I had a special of the day "tagliatelle with Lamb ragout and chocolate powder" and it was absolutely delicious, the chef took two days to prepare it; as a main course I shared the large Fiorentina which they perfectly managed to cook half rear and half medium satisfying both the sharer. Though the Canteen is not that huge there are some labels which come at an acceptable price (for the place), my recommendation would be for the Nebbiolo from Piemonte, the same grape used for the production of the more notorious Barolo. I will definitely visit this place again hopefully enjoying my dinner on its terrace.