“A very good day for family”

Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi
Book In Advance
More Info
$68.00*
and up
Yas Waterworld Entrance Ticket with Optional Fast Pass
Ranked #5 of 144 things to do in Abu Dhabi
More attraction details
Owner description: Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi is the UAE’s first mega waterpark, set across 15 hectares of the exciting entertainment complex that is Yas Island. The park offers 43 rides, slides and attractions that will thrill the whole family. Visitors will experience fun and adventure on rides and attractions never seen before in waterparks, such as the world’s longest, fastest tornado waterslide, the region’s first looping waterslide and the world’s first interactive water and laser rollercoaster. Its award-winning theme – based on an original story developed exclusively for the waterpark – pays tribute to the Emirati culture with the UAE’s pearl-diving heritage at the core, and will provide an unforgettable experience for young and old. Some of our amenities include: -Locker and towel rental-Stored value, which allows you to store money on your wristband-Cabana rental -Free WIFI -Changing rooms
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A very good day for family”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

If you like water games, you will be happy.
Everything is possible. From a large swimming pool to extraordinary water rides. You can do surfing if you like. The park is well designed, with a lot of restaurant. Safe place.
For me, one of the best in UAE

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Michel A
Anthony S, Manager at Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Hi Michel A,

Thank you for leaving us your review. We are so glad to hear that you had a good day with the family. We will definitely pass on your good comments with the team. We look forward to your next visit.

• Arabic first
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Time Your Visit”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Overall, my friends and I enjoyed our visit to Yas Waterworld. We visited on a Friday, mid-afternoon until 8pm.

I would recommend planning in advance your visit, as I can only imagine what a mess the park would be when busy. Also, keep in mind the heat and prepare for the fact that many of the waiting lines are in direct sunlight.

Make sure to bring a credit card, as you load your entry bracelet with money to be spent while in the park. Locker and towel rentals are available.

The concrete ground of the park becomes very slippery. We witnessed a man being carted away after falling and hitting his head on the ground. It would be wise to wear water shoes that have good traction.

Unfortunately, one in our group had their flip flops stolen from the holding racks outside one of the rides. I would recommend not bringing anything of value.

3 Thank jwhitney19
Anthony S, Manager at Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Hi jwhitney19,

Thank you for your review. One of the most common things we advise our guests is to come in early so that they can a full day of fun. We are working on implementing more shading to better suit the guests standing in the sun. We are working hard to identify any areas in the Park that can become slippery and are rectifying any areas that we feel requires improvement; safety is and will remain our top priority. We are sorry that your slippers went missing, whilst it is uncommon for things to go missing in this part of the world, we would always recommend using our lockers for any items that are valuable to you. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Save your time and money and don't bother”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This park is an absolute shambles! We did make a complaint to the assistant manager 'Olga' but I doubt that our concerns will be taken on board.

I went with two friends on the weekend so did expect the park to be a little busy, what we were not prepared for were the one and a half hour wait times (this seems beyond excessive). This meant that we only went on one of the good rides 'Falcon Filaj'. The entrance to both 'Falcon Filaj' and 'Dawwama' is shared but due to poor management is is not clear that park guests are supposed to form two single lines in one of the lanes. The other lane is for people who have purchased 'premium entry'. The queue for 'Falcon Filaj' was much quicker than 'Dawwama' but due to the fact nobody had a clue what was going on with the queues people were not going up the steps to this ride as they were blocked by others queing for 'Dawwama'.

The premium pass is quite honestly a joke. There appears to be no limit on the number of people who are allowed to purchase this 'fast track' ticket type which meant that those who had paid the extra 160 AED had to wait just as long as those who hadn't! We heard a park guest who had paid for this ticket type complaining to the management about this exact issue but their only response seems to be 'the park is busy'. If the park gets so busy that the whole experience is ruined then there should be a lower number of guests allowed into the park at any time and there should definitely be a restriction on the number of premium tickets available!

The park is FILTHY. Around the main pool area on the shore line there was clumps of tissue and hair. There were also many clumps of hair in various spots along the entrance to Falcon Filaj/Dawamma. It did not look as though the filth was deposited that very morning which begs the question of how often the stairways are cleaned. It is revolting! We were advised that there are no cleaners during operational hours and that children are messy.....this policy needs to be changed ASAP. Wild Wadi is spotless compared to this place!

We also went on one of the snake slides and this also lacks any organisation. There are no way near enough inflatable rings for everyone to use and what you are supposed to do is exit the ride and give your ring to another guest. Most people were not doing this and it was utter chaos with nobody having any real clue as to the protocol that should be followed. There were many squabbles and a very heated argument between a fellow park guest and one of the attendants.

It is a shame that we had such a poor experience as this park could provide an enjoyable day out. I do hope they sort their park organisation out.

3 Thank Blueeyes_85_k
Dear Blueeyes_85_k,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Park and I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit with us. The Park is certainly busier at the weekends and we always advise our Guests to arrive early if they wish to avoid queuing. We also cap our premium admission so that the ratio of premium to general ticket holders allows the full benefit of premium to take effect. Having said that, a premium ticket does not offer immediate access to rides and Guests will still queue, but for a much shorter period of time.

We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of the Park and so far have received very positive feedback from our Guests regarding this. I am sorry that you did not find this to be the case and I will raise it with the team to identify any particular issues there may have been on the day that you visited; it is very unusal for anyone to say the Park is not clean and we want to make sure it remains a very rare occurrence.

We certainly take on board your comments about the organization of the queues and we have already made some changes to these areas to make it as easy as possible for our Guests to understand and follow.

I hope that, despite the issues that you had with the queue on two of the attractions, you enjoyed the rest of your time in the Park. Thank you again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun rides, but TREACHEROUS. Real health and safety issue.”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We visited this water park in early July, and I was very excited as despite living in the UAE for nearly 2 years, I had not yet got round to visiting such an attraction. Rather than going as a day trip from Dubai, we elected to stay on Yas Island for 2 nights, to take in the other attractions there at our leisure.

Arriving straight from Dubai, we made our way directly to the water park before even checking in to our hotel. We arrived at about 2pm and it was not too busy, just the usual queue to get in, as one would expect. We chose to buy premium tickets which allowed us to 'queue jump' and therefore spend more time having fun and less time waiting in line. This was really worth the extra cost as the day went on and the park got busier - it did by no means cut out queuing altogether, but lines were generally a lot shorter with a premium ticket.

We made our way into the water park, and the first thing we commented on was not the amazing looking rides, but the CONCRETE floors, that offered absolutely no grip whatsoever! It was incredibly slippy, even on a flat surface, due to the water.

Travelling up many stairs at the 'Jebel Hafeet' and 'Humps' rides, I opted out and decided to go back down the stairs, as the ride looked way too freaky for me! It was at the top of the stairs that I slipped on the wet concrete, and fell down roughly seven steps. During the fall, I DISLOCATED my right shoulder and have suffered some horrific bruising to my ribs and legs, and a swollen ankle. The lady in control of the ride was only aware of what was happening when people queuing up caught her attention. She had no water or first aid training, so i had to wait for two life guards to come all the way up the stairs. By this point my shoulder was really beginning to hurt and I had no choice but to lay and wait, feeling incredibly dizzy. I watched as my shoulder thankfully popped itself back into the socket.

The first aid guys came and offered to CARRY me down the stairs. I did not want to do this at all and so opted to wait until I was sure that I would not pass out. They did give me some water which was much appreciated. I lay on the stairs for at least 10 minutes before managing to walk down and making my way to the nearby first aid station.

All this happened before I had even gone on one ride, and ruined our whole stay in Abu Dhabi, not just the water park. I stayed at the water park but was in a lot of pain and could not go on most of the rides.

I am absolutely disgusted that a water park is allowed to operate with no grip on floors/stairs. During our time at the park, we witnessed another 4 or 5 people slip - one who was also on the stairs and hit the back of his head. If this was in any country but the UAE, I believe that the park would be forced to close for Health and Safety reasons, instead of staying open in order to make as much money as possible. What if there was a more nasty accident?

We spoke to a manager who gave us complimentary passes for another visit, and appreciated this gesture. However, I would much rather have full use of my shoulder, and not have had this awful experience. The park are aware of these problems yet somehow continue to operate under these conditions, which is an absolute disgrace. If I was in the UK, I would be looking for compensation to cover the medical bills that I will now likely face. I am also extremely annoyed that I cannot pursue my usually active lifestyle because of this incident.

The park looks great and the rides seem incredible, it is such a shame that this glaringly obvious issue is taking so much time to be sorted out. Managers claim that something is being done, but this is taking a lot of time as it can only be done at night. I only hope that a more serious accident does not occur.

4 Thank RachaelHarrison
Dear RachelHarrison,

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Park. I am certainly sorry to read of the incident you described. Our Park has been built and designed to comply with local law and international standards for safety in conjunction with our governing bodies. Safety is and will remain our top priority always and we must operate in accordance with this. Please send me a private message with your details so I can contact you.

Maidstone
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Excellent for all ages”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went to Waterworld with 3 adults and 2 girls aged 3 and 14 months. Long queue for payment on first visit abut the second visit was more controlled and took a sort time to pay. Free swim pants for the children - great. Areas of water fun for all ages and both the 3 year old and the 14month old loved the very small children's area. Food a little pricey. Plenty of sun beds. Easy to walk round and enjoy watching the rides. Really good days out.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank chilloutgirl
Hi chilloutgirl,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are so happy to hear that you found the park to be excellent for all ages. We take improvement very seriously and we are glad that you have shared your feedback and that you and your family had a great time. Our food and beverage costs are based on the quality of the food and they are within the industry rates for this region. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you and the family back soon.