“State of the Art Waterpark”

Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi
$90.00*
Tour of Yas Island Water World from Dubai
Ranked #5 of 148 things to do in Abu Dhabi
More attraction details
Owner description: Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi is the UAE’s first mega waterpark, set across 15 hectares of the exciting entertainment complex that is Yas Island. The park offers 43 rides, slides and attractions that will thrill the whole family. Visitors will experience fun and adventure on rides and attractions never seen before in waterparks, such as the world’s longest, fastest tornado waterslide, the region’s first looping waterslide and the world’s first interactive water and laser rollercoaster. Its award-winning theme – based on an original story developed exclusively for the waterpark – pays tribute to the Emirati culture with the UAE’s pearl-diving heritage at the core, and will provide an unforgettable experience for young and old. Some of our amenities include: -Locker and towel rental-Stored value, which allows you to store money on your wristband-Cabana rental -Free WIFI -Changing rooms
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had been looking forward to my trip to Yas Waterworld having followed the park being built on line. We had planned our trip to Abu Dhabi purely around a visit to the park.

The park lived up to all of my expectations, it is sparkling new, the staff were super friendly and couldn't do enough for you.

The rides are just fantastic, I think they have got the balance just right between some tame rides and some scary ones. Don't come on the weekend as it is busy, come on a weekday as there are no queues at all which just added to our enjoyment.

The only draw back compared to somewhere like Wild Wadi in Dubai is that there is an awful lot of walking and climbing of steps. They use Hydro-magnetics to propel you up hill at the park so surely you could start at the bottom? Nevertheless it was a great way of keeping fit. It isn't like Wild Wadi though, it is much better.

If you're in the UAE and you like having fun then this has to be one of the best watermarks in the world and I've done quite a few! It was absolutely brilliant!

Congratulations to you and I hope you do build the extension!

1  Thank N7CHAP
There are newer reviews for Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Very clean, very safe park. Lots of fun rides and slides. Very good service and helpful staff. Very good catering service for the cabanas. I would recommend the premium tickets to avoid the long queues. Bathrooms were super clean. Food outlets had a large variety. Definitely , I would recommend this park to all families wanting a fun and safe time with their families. It's not over crowded and and lots of choices. Would I go again. Absolutely !!!!

1  Thank ZakGhariani
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Only opened in January 2013, the park is still new so everything is clean and new and working well!

It cost about 55quid for an adult, which is quite expensive but if you get a 2for1 voucher like we did its not too expensive. You pay for lockers (up to £12) for large locker, but the medium one fits a normal sized gym back and if you ask the people at the desk the best locker size to get they are helpful! It's worth adding money to the electronic wristband, saves walking all the way back the locker when you want food and if you don't use the money then you get it back at the end of the day. The food is pretty standard for a theme park but we had hotdogs and they were really nice.

The entrance to the park is interesting, after getting changed you have to walk through the gift shop area to get to the park.

The rides at the park are really good, some great scary ones and fun ones too! The luwa loop was our first ride and wow we didn't know what we were letting ourselves in for...after been locked in a capsules type thing the countdown begins, at 1 the floor disappears and you drop into a straight down ride! Great fun at the end after screaming the whole way down! Their is a choice of racing slides where you can be timed racing your friends, there are lazy rivers (one with a wave machine which is great fun), slides where you ride on dinghy's and multiple person riders (6people) which are very unique! There is also a mini roller coaster!

We were there about 5 hours and weren't bored at all, there is such a choice of rides. We went on a weekday and the queues were really short, only 10 minutes max.

A fun day out, definitely worth a visit if you like a thrill!

1  Thank zoogles87
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Ok day with friends of any age but not convinced very good value. Long queue at start with locals regularly queue jumping and no real process or order kept by staff. Also a nasty experience at end of day when some young local men tried to get in 15 minutes before park closed. We had to squeeze though small opening in gate surrounded by security guards as police arrived. Thankfully we had no young children with us otherwise this could have been extremely alarming for them. If like me this is only your second experience of a water park (1st being Spain) then unlikely to be disappointed however for more knowledgeable travellers to such facilities I would consider other options first. Personally the Abu Dhabi bus tour is far better value, more interesting and relaxed!

Anthony S, Business Excellence Manager at Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Caroline H,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review of Yas Waterworld. We really value the feedback that we receive from our Guests and use this to continually improve our business.
We are working hard to improve the signage that we have in the Park to make it as easy as possible for our Guests to navigate and we also take very seriously violations of our Park rules such as queue jumping. We will always strive to ensure that our highly valued Guests have the great, family fun day out that they deserve. We do hope that we will get the chance to welcome you back again if you visit Abu Dhabi.

Best regards,

Michael Anthony
Business Excellence Manager

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I went to this Water park with high expectations and they were matched. Excellent rides/slides and on the day I went (Monday 4/3/13) it wasn't busy which meant hardly ever having to queue.

Food on offer is fairly standard but I had the chicken shawarma which wasn't bad at all.
Went with a friend and had a great time.
Seemed like a great place for kids, shame I didn't have mine with me.
My seven year old is very jealous that I went and he didn't.

Highly recommended water park.

1  Thank Will_Gilbert