“Good set up, decent activity”
Review of Capt. Tony's

Capt. Tony's
Book In Advance
More Info
$200.00*
and up
Private Abra Boat Cruise in Abu Dhabi
More attraction details
Owner description: Capt. Tony's is a boat tour & events operator based in Abu Dhabi, UAE. With our home base being at the iconic Yas Marina on Yas Island, we also operate from Khor Al Maqta, Eastern Mangroves and Emirates Palace Marina. We provide a diverse range of tours, cruises and events and we bring our guests up-close and personal to Abu Dhabi's coastline environment. Our service is top notch and all our crew are a friendly bunch who will always make the most to ensure a great (and safe!) time on board... #welcomeaboardabudhabi
Geneva, Switzerland
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Good set up, decent activity”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We did the afternoon cruise with Captain Tony because the sunset cruise was all booked up. He was very pleasant, and we had a nice time swimming and stand-up paddle boarding. Captain Tony does a great job with catering to his guests. We left a bit late because there was a miscommunication about hotel transfer, so he offered to take us to a closer location so that we could spend more time in the water. Once we arrived, Captain Tony set up chairs, a cooler, and the paddle boards for us. He even had Subway sandwiches for us! Great service during our excursion, but the day isn't very exciting. (We spend a lot of our holidays at the beach!) the paddle boarding was a lot of fun, but other than that, it's just splashing around the water. But it helps to stay cool!!

Visited August 2013
AntonioNeto, Owner at Capt. Tony's, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Mary H, thanks for such a positive review. I am glad the trip turned out to be successful despite the delay over confusion regarding hotel transfer - this is not a service we offer.
You all did very well on the SUP's and I hope you will take up the sport.
Hope to see you on board again in the future...
Thanks!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Boat Trip”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I found the trip via this site, and from the moment I contacted Captain Tony was impressed by the friendliness and efficency.
The trip was planned for Tuesday evening but at about 4pm I had a call to say the weather had turned and so would I mind delaying till the following day as it would make it more enjoyable, as one who can get sea sick easily I agreed.
I arrived on the Wednesday evenign and was a little surpirsed that the boat was smaller than I anticipated but that was the only small thing about the trip and in fact a real bonus as there was only a few of us and we were all made to feel welcome.
Our pilot ( is that the right word) took us round the islands and showed us the sights, and yes I got wet, but it was a lovely trip and we were well looked after.
I would recommend this as an alternative way to seeing parts of Abu Dhabi you may not see from the traditional road tours.
Thank You Captain Tony and team and by the way I did not get sea sick at all.

Visited August 2013
AntonioNeto, Owner at Capt. Tony's, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear ChristineCat1960, thank you very much for joining our Sunset Cruise and thank you for your kind review.
I'm glad to hear sea sickness didn't get the better of you - happens more frequently on larger boats! Getting wet is also quite rare but the day you went out the winds were stronger than usual so a few splashes were inevitable! All part of the experience!
I hope you come back to try one of our other tours - perhaps a beach tour when the weather cools down...
Nottingham
“Sunset Proposal”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I booked the private charter sunset cruise as a surprise for my girlfriend as I wanted to propose to her whilst we were in Abu Dhabi. I found Capt Tony's on a website recommending things to do whilst in Abu Dhabi. After many email conversations with Antonio and setting the scene for my plans I booked the private sunset cruise with a bottle of champers provided.

Upon arrival we were taken to the boat where we received a friendly greeting from Antonio and there ready and waiting was our champagne on ice, which went down very nicely in the heat. Antonio had also got a bunch of red roses for my girlfriend, a lovely touch that even I didn't know about, got me extra brownie points.

We started our trip around the bay of Yas Marina during which Antonio pointed out lots of sites; the Viceroy, Ferrari World, The Cookie Building (impressive) were some of those. Just as the sun was about to go down Antonio stopped the boat to let us enjoy the sunset.....that was my moment.......she said yes so now I could relax! Antonio was very good, gave us our moment before congratulating and he did get a couple of sneaky photo's of the moment I proposed which was great, these are currently on Capt. Tony's facebook page if you want to have a look (The Future Mr & Mrs Kerridge). I think one of the greatest sites for me was just as we got back into the Marina it was almost dark and the Viceroy was lit up purple, great for photo's!!

To summarise, the communication was excellent, the trip was fantastic and made for an unforgettable experience for both my new fiance and I. I highly recommend this trip if your visiting Abu Dhabi whether for a special occasion or not its something you should do.

Thanks Captain Tony :-)

Visited July 2013
AntonioNeto, Owner at Capt. Tony's, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear chriskerridge83, your kind words are very much appreciated. It was indeed a special trip with plenty of preparation during the weeks leading up to the event and we were glad to have been part of it.
Congratulations on your engagement and we hope to see you and your wife on board again when you visit Abu Dhabi in the future.
Best wishes,
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Birthday Boat Cruise”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I've been hearing about Captain Tony's for some time now and with Yas Marina so close to our house I was eager to check out a cruise. My husband is a boat fanatic so I figured that his birthday was the perfect opportunity for us to experience Abu Dhabi from the sea. The trip did not disappoint. Harry was a great guide and took the time to explain what we were seeing on the shore. We were the only ones on the Sunset Cruise that day so we had plenty of room to ourselves but the boat itself was quite spacious, too. Loved seeing the baby oryx on the island and our neighborhood from a different angle. Booking was prompt and easy, very friendly service. We look forward to experiencing other Capt Tony's trips soon!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Ellen F
AntonioNeto, Owner at Capt. Tony's, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Ellen F, thanks very much for your review. I am glad you and your husband had a great experience and I look forward to welcoming you aboard on another trip sometime soon...
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Sunset - Captain Tony”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had a great time on the sunset cruise. Captain Tony and the team were very professional right from my initial email. Although we have lived in Abu Dhabi for 4 years we saw it from a completely different view from the water. Scenic and informative! Definitely a great evening and we will be back for sure.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Helen A
AntonioNeto, Owner at Capt. Tony's, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Hi Helen A, on behalf of the Capt. Tony's team I thank you for your kind words!
We look forward to seeing you on board again soon - perhaps a trip to an island beach next time...