“Nice way to chill”

Turquoiz Beach Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #73 of 2,055 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Mediterranean, European
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Turquoiz, as the name suggests, embodies the turquoise blue ocean that captivates guests on arrival. A beach restaurant with a large sunset terrace, this vibrant venue is set apart from the hotel as a rustic series of buildings strung out along the sand.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nice way to chill”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I've been in Abu Dhabi for visits but last week was my first time to go to Saadiyat Island. The restaurant was amazing, the place was stunning.

You'd like to go there on a weekend and enjoy the view and the breeze. Drink your glass of beer slowly and wait for the food to arrive. This place is no fast food, the uniqueness of each plate was presented really well.

I'd go back again and again. Kudos to the team!

• Visited February 2014
Stregis_Management, General Manager at Turquoiz Beach Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Dimitri

Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi.

Thank you for your kind note on Turquoiz beach restaurant and lounge.

I am thrilled to read that you appreciated the location of the restaurant and would recommend that you join us one evening for sunset on the terrace as it affords seductive views.

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Poor fishy experience”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Was recommended this restaurant by staff whilst staying at the St Regis- this restaurant does the hotel no favours. freezing cold, staff are wearing jeans and coats, wine unavailable that we ordered, mediocre food ( fries consists of 5- yes 5 fries!) I had the full Canadian lobster- I've had larger prawns- I did give feed back to the kitchen but was told that is what they are like,? The desert ordered was unavailable - people were moving around the restaurant because they were cold - not impressed for our first night dining 5* St Regis - fish and chips at home have been better

• Visited February 2014
Dear Guest

Greeting from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi.

I am very sorry that your experience at Turquoiz did not live up to your expectations. I would welcome an opportunity to discuss these issues further with you. I can be contacted at StRegis.Saadiyat@stregis.com, please do contact me directly and I will attempt to change your view.

Brisbane, Australia
“poor Service”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Went for a drinkwith my mother today. The view is really nice. We ordered two coffees and some fries. It took 20 minutes before we got someone to take our order.then we waited 40 minutes to first get our fries(although there were only five other people in the restaurant). No napkins , the waitor brought a small bowl of fries and some ketchup and mayo and left. No asking if we needed anything else! Then 10 minutes later we got our lattes which were so weak we had to ask if they had forgotten to add the coffee to the milk! they cordially apologized and got us two new ones which tasted better. Then the bill came for 84 dirhams which was OK had webeen given a better service. All in all the view is really nice but the service is poor and the staff definitely need training. Disappointing!

• Visited January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Turquoiz beach restaurant and lounge.

While I am glad that you appreciated the setting of Turquoiz, it saddens me to read about the issues you encountered with the service.

Please be aware that I am investigating these points with the team and should you wish to discuss them further I can be contacted on stregis.saadiyat@stregis.com.

I hope to welcome you back soon to the venue so we can ensure that your whole experience is enjoyable.

london
“Food not worthy of the setting”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Dined at Turquoiz this evening..sat outside next to the beach..lovely setting..menu looked promising..appetizer of squid rings good..good French mini baguettes too..however, seafood with pasta not great, rather odd fishy taste..grilled pawns ok, but not better than that..good service, but disappointing dining experience.

Visited December 2013
Stregis_Management, General Manager at Turquoiz Beach Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on Turquoiz beach restaurant and lounge.

While I am glad you appreciated the setting and service it saddens me that the culinary experience did not meet your expectations.

We have a new menu launching soon and I hope that we can welcome you back soon to enjoy this. Should you wish to contact me further please email me on stregis.saadiyat@stregis.com

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Amazing views Avg service”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Nothing better than a Amazing beach front view to unwind with after a long day at work although I wished the service was as amazing as the view, still a great place to go just make sure the staff don't change shifts and forget about you.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Derek M
Dear Derek

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback on Turquoiz.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed the setting of Turquoiz, on the beach overlooking the ocean however it saddens me that your experience was not beyond expectations.