“Blue light rubbery”

Turquoiz Beach Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #78 of 2,040 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Turquoiz, as the name suggests, embodies the turquoise blue ocean that captivates guests on arrival. A beach restaurant with a large sunset terrace, this vibrant venue is set apart from the hotel as a rustic series of buildings strung out along the sand.
Paris, France
“Blue light rubbery”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Tucked away at the end of a long path in the St Regis gardens, this place is illuminated at night with an odd blue light theme (which our party found cold and rather unpleasant). The overall setting looks expensive albeit not refined/cosy (just like the hotel as a whole).

Indoors, smoking is not allowed... except for the kitchen... we spent the whole evening in thick cooking smells (grilled fish...) as the extractor hood clearly had a major efficiency issue

Horrible Service as our party of 6 has never been able to eat together, each dish comming individually at a rate of one every 5 minutes.
In fact, we all ate our main dish cold except for one guest who had his 10 minutes after we all finished...

Unrefined and extravagantly expensive, the whole experience left us with a very bitter taste. This restaurant is perfectly in phase with the overall offer of Saint Regis Saadiyat: pretentious and terrible value for money.
Stay clear, you'll easily find a better pick in town (or at the Park Hyatt next door...)

• Visited March 2013
John_Pelling, General Manager at Turquoiz Beach Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort.

I was truly disappointed to read your comments on Turquoiz and indeed the resort and of course I am sorry for any shortfalls in our service that you experienced during your visit.

Obviously you have a dim view of the venue for which I am sorry about and would welcome an opportunity to discuss these issues further with you. I can be contacted at StRegis.Saadiyat@stregis.com or should you visit the hotel in the weeks ahead, please do contact me directly and I will attempt to change your view.

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
Bangkok, Thailand
“A MUST in Abu Dhabi !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had dinner last Friday night and everything was just perfect. The staff was superb, our server Silvia and the Manager Daniella made our evening so especial, was a total 5 star experience!.
After dinner, we moved into the bar area where there was a very nice bartender doing flair and serving free bellinis for ladies!, I tried one and it was so good!. Really cool atmosphere in a unique and fantastic location, and definitely the staff takes all the credits as they all know how to represent a St. Regis hotel.
Thank you guys! We will be back soon!

1 Thank DanielaSantobuono
Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort.

I am thrilled to read your feedback on Turquoiz, one of our cornerstones at St. Regis is address and I have to agree that Turquoiz is perfectly positioned on Saadiyat beach.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team members, especially Silvia and Daniela.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Amazing Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've been more than 5 times already.
Great service, great food, great drinks (bartender Jos is a really amazing person) and a unbelievable view.
Incredible place to spend your entire day.

1 Thank Raffs05
John_Pelling, General Manager at Turquoiz Beach Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort.

From the team at Turquoiz we would like to thank you for your kind feedback.

I am glad to hear of your appreciation for Turquoiz, it’s food, drinks and location on the beautiful Saadiyat beach. The terrace is certainly is a great place to relax during the day and socialize in the evenings.

I will be sure to share your feedback with the team, particularly Jos and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Langkawi, Malaysia
“An impeccable Sunday with Friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had lunch and dinner at this insanely beautiful location. The service was excellent and extremely attentive. The food was high quality and was cooked to perfection. The Reuben sandwich is to die for, the prawns fresh out of the ocean and the beef juice as hell. The dinner was the same as lunch; food and service were excellent and went far beyond our expectations. We even had the chance to talk to the Assistant Restaurant Manager and he was extremely friendly and helpful. I would like to take the chance to thank the whole team for Turquoiz, they are just amazing, excellent and brilliant. We will be back!!!!

2 Thank MDBTCO
Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort.

Thank you for taking the time to share your words of praise. I am glad to hear that Turquoiz delivered a bespoke experience and that you enjoyed items from our new menu. There are some great dishes available and I do hope to welcome you back soon to try some more of the new items.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Turquoiz...if it wasn't for the cold wind, was a memorable anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and i visited the location on 7th February for our 2nd wedding anniversary. We have stayed in the hotel the previous year, but at that time the place was still under construction. I must say the staff treated us like royalties. I loved the music, decor, interior, menu, uniforms, friendliness, quality of food, everything! WE moved to have shisha outside after our meal, but unfortunately the wind was blowing so hard that we had to give up after sometime...shame...
I see this place with lots of potential, truly a great spot and great venue, that can grow to be the next Abu Dhabi "Nasimi Beach".
Well done to all the staff and chefs for such an amazing job, and to Shiyas for making our anniversary an unforgettable one!
We will be back :)

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Monica M
Dear Monica

Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort.

Thank you for your kind words, they are very much appreciated and I am glad to hear that you had such a pleasant experience with us at Turquoiz. We pride ourselves on location and service therefore I am glad that both met your expectations.

I will be sure to pass your feedback on to the staff, particularly Shiyas and we hope to welcome you back to Turquoiz soon.