“Grand hotel, spectacular lobby areas”

The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal
Ranked #32 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

When you walk into the hotel it's really a grand entrance. We had a wedding there and the staff and team were very polite and helpful. The rooms are a good size and the overall layout is spacious. Food for all functions were catered from the hotel and it was all very good. The breakfast buffet also has some live stations which are great. The property is huge with a large outdoor pool. It's also located near the mosque which is well worth a visit.

Stayed: July 2014
Ritz-CarltonADGC, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Thank you for the brief however very lovely review about your recent stay at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi.

Your kind words about the facilities and offerings being very good make us feel appreciated. These great comments will give us encouragement to always do the extra mile in taking care of our guests.

Please do return and we will happily ensure that you will have an amazing stay at our resort.

There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal

Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

This is a great property, we are visiting for the second time, first time we booked a 2 bedroom villa and this time around we opted for deluxe room.

Starting with the good:
- check-in was smooth
- staff are all smiles and happy to help
- room is spacious and well decorated
- amenities are of very high quality
- great view at the swimming pool and canal
- food at the breakfast buffet was fantastic

Now with the bad:
- been at the pool for 2 hours with no one offering us towels or water
- pool is filled with screaming kids (could use a smaller adult pool)
- pool floor is filled with mould (or something)
- breakfast buffet egg station is so crowded, was in line for 15-20 min (why not ask the guest to be seated and bring the omelette to the table)
- breakfast buffet, they handed me the bill before I even started to eat
- upon checkout I had to ask for a bellboy 4 times, he showed up 45 min later

Take the bad with a grain of salt as it might be just my experience, I love this hotel (specially from my first visit) and I would stay here again, just hoping to see some improvements.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ahmed2250

Thank you for your candid review about your recent stay.

Your feedback is very valuable and we truly appreciate sharing it with us. My team and I extends to your our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and for not being able to wow you in some aspects of your visit most especially the pool and pool service. Indeed, it is not what The Ritz-Carlton is proud of. Please be assured that all possible measure are being taken to avoid such unpleasant experience in the future. We are busy looking into a 2nd private pool option.

Apart from the points you have mentioned, I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed some other aspects of your stay and we are looking forward to welcoming you again and ensure that your next stay goes beyond your expectation.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

with hotel brand you will expect high class service but as soon you reach the hotel the Moroccan staff handle the reception with poor hospitality knowledge, also the hotel provide two reception staff only to do the check in as well the check out from 12 noon till 3 pm. the food was nice but the quantity of food is so poor at room dinning, they don't have such complementary word at Ritz carton abudhabi.

Room Tip: buy you grocery before you check in
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Binsulaiman
Ritz-CarltonADGC, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback, I am very sorry to read that your experience did not meet your expectations and we couldn’t deliver an exceptional service and product.
I would appreciate if you give me the opportunity to be in touch with you, if you could afford the time please send me your contact details at rc.auhrz.exec.office@ritzcarlton.com

Warm Regards

Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Probably the mist luxurious hotel I gave ever stayed in. The place us just a fortress and the activities on offer from the hotel concierge was mind blowing. There us so much to do so little time. I checked out the gym facilities and again was stunned by how nice everything was. Breakfast by the poolside was also amazing. Definitely staying here again 5 Star

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the brief however very lovely review about your recent stay at The Ritz-Carlton.

Your kind words about the place being are appreciated by us all. These wonderful comments will give us encouragement to always go the extra mile in taking care of our guests and providing them with the best product.

Please do return and we will happily ensure that you will have an amazing stay at our desert resort.

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi many times over the past 15 months and I love this place! The service in the Club Lounge is outstanding, and I want to specifically thank Anna, Erit, Kau.ola, Anoaur, Meritxell and Thel for their wonderful service. The hotel staff is very friendly and special thanks to Dileep and Jacopo who make me feel welcome back at home everytime I visit. I would highly recommend this hotel to both business and pleasure visitors.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Ritz-CarltonADGC, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

On behalf of The Ritz-Carlton team, please allow me to say 'thank you' for the very nice review that you have kindly wrote about our resort.
It is always a pleasure to have a guest chooses to experience us for the first time, however more rewarding if the guest chooses to return and still has the same best experience.
Your compliments truly encourage us to strive more for our patrons and to always exceed their expectations.
Thank you and please visit us again soon as I know our Club Team is looking forward to your arrival.

Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at many good hotels in the world - and so many hotels in the world claim to be the best. I can assure you that tje ritz carlton is probably really one of the the best hotels in the world. The hotel is really majestic and I can't imagine that many other hotels come close to the service, cleanliness, natural friendliness and magic that this hotel offers.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mohammed B
Ritz-CarltonADGC, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay.
It is our philosophy to ensure that we provide our guests with the highest standards of products and service and continual monitoring of guest comments is vital for our continued success. We were delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit. It is always a pleasure when guests take the time to comment on the hotel.
Please be assured that you kind comments will be shared with the rest of The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi team.

Thank you again and we hope we will have another opportunity to wow you.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Just arrived home to Zurich Switzerland from 7 days holiday trip to Abu Dhabi which was overall a wonderful experience. I chose this hotel after reading the reviews from the trip advisor and got an impression that it would be a better option than St Regis, that was our alternative number two due to a location by the beach. Overall the hotel was amazing, well maintained, professional & friendly staff and a very good service. One thing that I was not 100% satisfied with was the cleanliness of the rooms..I was not expecting the class doors of the sanitary areas to have distinct marks from the previous guests, big dustballs running on the corridor floor or the most obvious, dust covered tops of the night desk lights upon arrival (everyone who have seen "hotel nightmare" know what I mean). Overall everything was very clean but attention to detail just was not always there..

Regardless of the above, I would definitely recommend hotel to everyone who seek relaxation by the beautiful pool, good food and services. We are planning return to Abu Dhabi with friends during the cool season of the year and definitely consider returning to Ritz again!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ritva-74

Thank you for your candid review about your recent stay.

Your feedback is very valuable and we truly appreciate sharing it with us. My team and I extends to your our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and for not being able to wow you in some aspects of your visit most especially the cleanliness as you mentioned. Please be assured that all possible measure are being taken to avoid such unpleasant experience in the future.

Apart from the point you have mentioned, I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay and we are looking forward to welcoming you again and ensure that your next stay goes beyond your expectation.