“Great experience !!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Gurgaon
“Great experience !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Attended a conference in this Hotel recently and must say one of the finest properties in this part of the world. The view from the hotel was awesome ! The grand view of the beautiful Mosque in front adds to the overall ambience. The restaurants and bars were excellent with wonderful spreads. The staff were quite helpful and caring. Overall a great stay . Next time in Abu Dhabi check this out !!

• 4 of 5 stars
Ritz-CarltonADGC, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
I appreciate very much your feedback and your kind comments, I'm delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

we are looking forward to welcome you again in a near future.

Pep Lozano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great rooms, view and location. The pool and beach front is great. Amazing restaurants and bars. You can have the view of the mosque from the hotel. Service and hospitality is also perfect. If you are planning to visit Abu dabhi, this a worth a try.

Room Tip: Pool Facing
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Riri_8080
Ritz-CarltonADGC, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments, I'll transfer the compliments to our Pool and Food &Beverage team.

we are looking forward to welcome you again.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

i was at a conference at this hotel and everything about it was wonderful, including a quiety comfy majelis area.
the setting - opposite the grand mosque (few minutes walk away) and on the water is just lovely
there are a variety of options for the accommodation from regular hotel rooms to villas with a terrace.
the swimming pool is large and there is access to the sea as well, with comfortable recliners and seating
the food was plentiful and tasty and so beautifully presented
and of course the staff were very attentive and beautifully dressed, nothing was too much trouble
if you can afford it - treat yourself

1 Thank debutaunt
I want to thank you for taking the time write such a lovely review about the Hotel, I'm Glad you enjoyed your time with us and for sure we are looking forward to welcome you again in a near future.

Vellore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Will I give a five star ranking to this hotel? Definitely not. A five star would stand itself out with the service quality. Everything else is secondary. There are many Hotels in the orient which would not be rated as very good properties but makes up with the quality of service.

Sample this: The transfer to the hotel to airport was not a breeze. We reached in the wee hours and the last thing we would expect is to be kept waiting. In the end we had to lug our baggage across the lobby and then into our rooms.

No complimentary wifi. For many hotel chains this would be a given.

Having said that this is an excellent property bang across the most important land mark in the Emirate The Sheikh Zayeed mosque.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side overlook the Creek while those on the West enable a view of the Grand mosque.
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review and helpful feedback regarding your recent stay with us, sorry to read about your challenges as this is one of the areas where The Ritz-Carlton strives to excel

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss the experience with you further. If you can afford the time, you can contact me rc.auhrz.exec.office@ritzcarlton.com hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you soon and get your trust in our brand again

Dudley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

There is no doubt the Ritz Carlton at Abu Dhabi is a beautifully decorated and luxurious looking hotel …. however following a recent 9 day stay I would say that the food, service and general ambience is certainly far from 5 star.

STAFF
I know the hotel has only been open a year but you would have thought it was a week watching the staff work. There appeared to be numerous 'managers' but the staff below them didn't seem to have any direction? At first we found things amusing but after a while it got to be rather annoying. The service in the rooms was patchy I had to ask constantly for tea bags I left notes spoke to the cleaner rang housekeeping before I managed to get some likewise with water and toiletries( which when staying in UAE previously were replaced when empty) were nowhere to be seen. The staff also seemed to have problems with understanding English which I know is difficult when its your 2nd language but we have never had problems before.

ROOMS

The Rooms were very nice but on our 2nd day there we went to bed at 2230 as my husband was not well only to be rudely awaken by very loud music coming from the restaurant 3 floors below. I rang reception to be told it was a live band who would be playing until midnight. I was offered a move but under the circumstance declined and this went on almost every night

FOOD

We stayed on half board basis taking breakfast and dinner in the buffet restaurant. The food there was repetitive and the hot food barely warm it was chaos at the 'egg station' and if you got fed up waiting and tried to order e.g. poached eggs from the kitchen again due to language difficulties you may either get 1 portion 2 portions or none at all. We tried ordering lunch from the Al Fresco menu on one occasion but my husbands steak sandwich was tough and cold and my caesar salad limp so we didn't try again. The half board basis allows 140 dirhams towards a meal in one of the a la carte restaurants so we tried the steak restaurant after studying the menus and making our various selections we were told on ordering that 2 of our requested starters we not available ..The meals were nice but we were asked no less than 6 times if we were enjoying the meal (twice by the chef) the food was good but it was steak and chips no better or worse than we have eaten on numerous occasions

We did try to resolve problems at the time and spoke to at least 2 managers and since returning I have also emailed the hotel with my views for them to comment but I've had no response

I get the impression that this hotel is aiming to be primarily a venue for conferences, weddings and meetings it certainly has no warmth or atmosphere to spend a holiday there

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank KIMANIAN
Ritz-CarltonADGC, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
I really appreciate your comment, thank you for taking the time and letting us know in detail how can we improve, sorry to know we couldn't deliver excellence during your stay.

I'm personally transmitting the message to the team to make sure this wont happen again and hopping you can give us another chance to win your trust in our brand back again.

I would appreciate if i can get in contact with you, please send me your contact details to rc.auhrz.exec.office@ritzcarlton.com.

regards

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The hotel is a brand new hotel over looking the grand canal and behind is the famous Grand Mosque! The food is amazing at The Forge, very nice place to relax!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 808Dream
Thank you very much for letting us know about your experience at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, I'm glad to know our team from The Forge created a nice experience for you, we are looking forward to welcome you soon.

Warm Regards

Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Abu Dhabi Ritz Carlton set a new low for 5 star brands turning into three star.

Good: Oksana and the Guest Services Team excelled in making our group of corporate executives feel welcome.

Bad: After being open for a year, the staff training is far below 5 start quality. For one example among many, housekeeping ignoring the locked room door and knocking at 8:45, wanting to make up the room. Service in resturants is especially substandard.

Ugly: Hotel is catering to tour groups by the bus load and conferences. Despite paying rack rate, due to a tour group/conference our team of corporate executives was relegated to a small breakfast room with only ten indoor tables and a breakfast buffet that lacked the great selection of the main dining room. Have seen better selection and facilties at Marriott Residence Inn.

Having large bathrooms and wide stained wood baseboads does not a 5 star make. This was NOT a good experience. Will not repeat here.

Room Tip: All rooms face the pool and have nice balconies, but many towers are a long way from the central fac...
    • 3 of 5 stars
Ritz-CarltonADGC, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Allow me to thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of the Hotel, highlighting both the positive and negative points that you experienced during your stay.

My sincere apologies, I’m taking notes and I can assure you that we will reinforce the training of our Ladies and Gentlemen and I hope that you will come back to visit us again in the near future to allow us to make amends for the challenges incurred on this occasion.

I'd like to get in contact with you personally, please send me your details to rc.auhrz.exec.office@ritzcarlton.com

regards