“Excellent 5 stars hotel in the heart of Abu Dhabi”

Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi
Ranked #14 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Location, new beautiful hotel, rooms are spacious and modern, breakfast and dinner buffet are just great. Excellent service. Nothing more to say. Excellent value. 30 minutes driving from Airport. 20 minutes driving from the heart of the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Mr. Marwan,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

We really appreciate your positive feedback & are pleased to note that you found our service to be excellent & our buffets great.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Kamal Chaoui, General manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,459)

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi for 2 nights. Overall, the experience was pleasant and we would come back to stay. Public area decor, room facilities and service was excellent. There could be more variety in terms of food selection though.

Room Tip: Depends on your what you like obviously but we asked for higher floor and our request was fulfilled...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dinesh B
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Mr. Dinesh.

Thank you staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

I am very pleased to know that you had a pleasant experience during your stay with us.

We have noted your comments on the food selection & have shared it with our kitchen team.

We look forward to welcome you on your next visit to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Our 2 nights stay was disappointing. If the hotel ties to the 5 stars hotel expectations, it does not apply to the staff and services. The breakfast is disgusting, chemical juice no fresh squeezed.... Rooms not clean. Rooms not available when checking in. Staff harldy polite and assertive. Very simple. Disorganized, uncomfortable, and really unfriendly. Run away from any booking there

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Mr. Jydams,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

On behalf of the whole team, please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused during your say. Your feedback is valuable to us, thus, we have noted your concerns and corrective measures have been taken, while we continuously strive to provide better services.

Please do allow us another opportunity to be of service you as we are confident that we can meet your expectations on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I booked a Deluxe Room at the Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi on December 17th & 18. I was in Abu Dhabi on business and the hotel allowed a very late check-in, and upgraded me to a Junior Suite (Which was great!). After getting settled in I noticed that the mini bar was empty so I asked the front desk to have someone restock it, but this wasn't done. The next morning I left the Room Service light ON, and informed the front desk that the mini bar still needs restocking and went off to work (This was at 8:45 am), but when I got back after work (4:30 pm) the mini bar was still empty and the room was not clean. Once again I had to go down and inform the front desk that the mini bar was still empty and that my room was left untouched all day.

The staff in general is very friendly, polite, and accommodating. The food was really good, both the breakfast and dinner buffets had a wide selection of foods and desserts to choose from.

Overall this hotel is lovely, but it may seem that this was one of those times where you have a bad experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Mr. Harb,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Thank you for your detailed feedback which is very important to us to improve our service; please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused during your stay.

However, I am very pleased to know that you found our staff friendly, polite and accommodating. You encouraging feedback regarding your breakfast and dinner dining experiences have been shared with Urban Kitchen Team, which I am sure, will motivate them further to do well.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next business trip to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

As others have mentioned, at first glance on this hotel's website you get the impression of a real 5+ star hotel and arrive expecting that experience. The reality is, however, far less impressive, with the only positive being the size of the rooms and the bathrooms, which are both bigger than those found in most hotels. I arrived into my room wanting a drink from the mini bar, only to open the fridge to find the mini bar totally empty... and that was despite the reception desk blocking a fairly large amount on my credit card upon my arrival to cover mini bar and other sundries!

The remaining list of disappointments with this hotel is long and includes:
- the hotel is in a no-man's land location in Abu Dhabi, not close to the airport and not within walking distance to any of the shopping malls or other useful/interesting locations, meaning you have to get a taxi everywhere!
- whereas most 5 star hotels have a taxi line and a ready supply of taxis, the process for getting a taxi at this hotel is hopeless! The valet staff simply stand and wave at the road for a passing taxi, missing out on many taxis to the scores of people already standing on the side of the road doing the same thing. And this is not the fault of the front-line valet staff, who are pleasant and as helpful as they can be, it is a process failing on the part of the hotel management.
- the information (hotel services guide) in the room includes services such as an on-site florist, yet when I asked for this I was told it was not open yet (hadn't opened in the hotel, as the hotel is still "new").
- the laundry service is terrible to non-existent! There was no laundry bag in the room and when you call the laundry to deliver a bag and collect your laundry you have to call repeatedly and I waited in excess of 40minutes for someone to knock on my door (not at what I would consider a peak time!)
- the hotel staff seem to be plentiful in number, yet as the stand around the foyer and lobby areas they give you the sense they are only there to watch your every move. very uncomfortable!
- cleaning of the rooms is hit and miss to say the very least! I had the "do not disturb" sign on and so missed my daily cleaning, with a note being slipped under the door to tell me that I could call at any time to have the room cleaned at a time suitable to me. I then called and let them know a time when I would be out (more than half a day), and upon my return I found my room still not cleaned. And this happened more than once!
- the business centre computers do not work consistently and although there are 2 printers in the business centre, I was unable to print due to "print issues" (as explained by hotel reception), with their solution being to email them any document I needed to print and they would print it out... not very conducive to information security and privacy needs of hotel guests!

Overall, having stayed at this hotel for in excess of 5 nights during my stay in November/December, I can say that I was very disappointed with the overall experience. The poor service and lack of genuine care by the majority of the hotel staff really does let down the overall experience. There are many hotels in Abu Dhabi which are better located, provide better service and are better value for money. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Mr. BP,

Thank your staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

On behalf of the whole team, please accept our sincerest apologies on the inconveniences caused during your stay.

Your detailed feedback is very important to us and rest assured that your disappointments have been noted and shared with respective departments to ensure corrective actions have been implemented, as we continuously strive to improve our service delivery.

Please do allow us another opportunity to be of service to you as we are confident that we can meet your expectations on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

this hotel real deserve 6 stars single hotel experience you can see ,rooms with panoramic style bath rooms are distinguish stylish one ,swimming pool in the floor 23 is sol experience with all drinks you need gym is big one restaurant with real Arabic affordability

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, Director of Rooms at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear Mr. Naamah,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Your valuable feedback is very important to us, thus, I am very pleased to note that not only you enjoyed the hotel’s facilities but also considered your visit a six-star single experience.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Rorie Ylagan, Director of Rooms

Reviewed December 12, 2013

If you have a glance at the website, you expect to have a wonderful stay in this five star hotel. Nice pictures, everything perfectly arranged for you... However, I encountered a number of annoying issues:
1. First, they provide me with a free upgrade to an apartment. Very nice place, looks good, except for a number of stains on the floor, some hairs in the bath...
2. The first day, the room wasn't cleaned up. Had to call for that.
3. I couldn't find any laundry bag, so I called them. They said they would send somebody. Didn't see anybody, put everything in a plastic bag on the door handle. Still no laundry bag in my room
4. Next day, no laundry delivered. Called them, no effect. Called them again, no impact. Called them while getting angry a third time. Finally delivery.
5. Problem when signing off the bill at the bar to my room. I couldn't believe this, as they took a deposit of 1500 dirham from my account, despite that the room was paid by the UAE government. It turned out that the operator at the reception forgot to register my credit card deposit.
6. At breakfast, my delivery of coffee was once forgotten or arrived when i finished the breakfast. This despite the small number of guests at that time.
Coincidence ?
Don't think so. Motivation and dedication of the staff ? Just a top layer...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank jdkinder
DusitThaniAbuDhabi, General Manager at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Mr. De Kinder,

Thank you for staying at Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences caused during your stay. Your detailed feedback is very important to us as we continuously strive to improve our service delivery.

In fact, our Director of Rooms has been trying to contact you by email & phone but could not reach you. She will continue to do so as we would like to speak to you directly. Housekeeping service should have been provided daily as you were originally booked in a hotel room even though you were assigned an apartment. The relevant departments were briefed and corrective measures have been enforced accordingly.

We certainly hope that we will able to reach directly.