“All is new, but not so much room in the rooms”

Centro Capital Centre
Ranked #60 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My friends lived at this hotel. All was fine but rooms are so smal as in IBIS or F1 in France.
NIce views from the Windows, Good small pool on the roof. 20 min ride by taxi and you can reach beach or Malls.

Room Tip: In two bed rooms beds are small. Not suitable for bigger man.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kirill I
Centro C, Director of Rooms at Centro Capital Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing your comments on Trip Advisor, we are glad you have enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed at the Centro Capital Centre in November for about 4 days. The hotel is very modern and has a nice atmosphere to it. The bar, the self service café, the lobby, the rooms were quite nice. However, one thing about the UAE is that customer service is king. So after staying at another hotel in Abu Dhabi about a week before (on the return to Abu Dhabi from Dubai we tried the Centro) and then staying at the Centro I think they can do a little better. The reception staff, one in particular, was a little brisk. Not just to me, but to my 2 friends as well. One kind of had the impression that they didn't like guests asking questions at reception. It was a bit like "go away" this is a self service hotel so they seemed not to want to help. Of course I am sure they did want to help guests, but this is the impression one had after dealing with reception staff. I tried not to bother them but this is not a house, its a business so they need to deal with guests in a more friendly manner.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Centro C, Director of Rooms at Centro Capital Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for getting in touch with us and I would like, first of all, to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, we apologize for the inconvenience caused by our colleagues at the reception and rest assure that we have taken the steps to resolve this issue.

Once again, we would like to thank you for sharing this matter with us and for giving us the opportunity to improve further our standards.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Having been to many hotels throughout the UAE, this would probably rank as the worst, simply because the rooms are extremely small in comparison to the basic rooms one could expect to find elsewhere. My second night I asked to change rooms as I had been given a twin only to be told that the hotel was fully booked the whole week, and it was not possible. Upon meeting my colleague for breakfast the next morning they informed me that they had changed theirs...this was after I had made my request! Having then gone to reception to ask again, I was told that this was not a problem, and was changed immediately. A lack of understanding by the hotel reception staff was probably the issue here, but please, learn your internal systems.

The main plus points was that the hotel is situated right next door to the exhibition centre (ADNEC), which is great when finishing a long day and then not having to cue for a taxi to go elsewhere. The rooms are clean and modern, which one would expect from a new hotel, but they are small, please be warned. The bathroom is adequate, and has a nice shower and wash basin, but can feel a little claustrophobic at times. Their is not much to do in the surrounding area, couples on a holiday, or with young children could more than likely find a more suitable hotel elsewhere, and the Rotana chain has plenty in its portfolio.

I would recommend this hotel for business travelers if you are looking for somewhere close to ADNEC.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Centro C, Director of Rooms at Centro Capital Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for getting in touch with us and I would like, first of all, to thank you for bringing the matter of changing your room to our attention.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience that it may have caused you and would like to assure you that this situation does not reflect the standards, the procedures nor the spirit we conduct our
business at Centro Capital Centre or at any of our Rotana properties.

We hope to have you staying with us again very soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

The room was very nice and clean. Quiet surrounding. I slept very well. The staff is very friendly and helpful. E.g. they gave me advice for trips to the city and the mosque. I was attending a congress and it is very close to the congress centre. The restaurant serves good food. There is also a shop that is open 24 hours. They sell snacks, bread etc (I was very happy with this because I arrived late from the airport).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Centro C, Director of Rooms at Centro Capital Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are extremely pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, all your comments will be shared with all concerned departments.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back at Centro Capital Centre, Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

As per one of my other reviews this is an excellent building and very functional BUT. They forgot to train the staff. Girl at reception said "yes sir that is correct". About ten times when I haven't even asked her anything. Was moved out of my room for last night of stay due to builders work. When complained about lack of warning same reception girl said she was calling my room all day but no answer........now there's a surprise to a business guest..... The buffet was very adequate and good value if served hot. But staff again kept turning heat down and all dishes were at best lukewarm. Training needed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Centro C, Director of Rooms at Centro Capital Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear Mr. Adam,

Thank you for your comments and feedback , we apologize for the inconvenience caused by our colleagues.

We hope to see you again very soon and thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference and was very impressed by the customer service. The room / bed was very comfortable and the availability of food from the 24hour cafe a great bonus.

Room Tip: Request a non-smoking room when booking, the higher up, the better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Centro C, Director of Rooms at Centro Capital Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on trip advisor. We are glad that the colleagues and the services at Centro Capital Centre, Abu Dhabi met and exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I liked the hotel , highly recommend for business trips. staff are well trained. Breakfast is so good and better than many 4 stars hotels. Wifi is available free of charge in the loopy. the only thing is that rooms are small but for what we paid its really value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Centro C, Director of Rooms at Centro Capital Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Centro Capital Centre, Abu Dhabi and for the kind comments on the Trip Advisor. We look forward to seeing you again at the Centro Capital Centre, Abu Dhabi and assure you of our best attention and services at all times.