“Fine Dining at premium price!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of 55&5th The Grill Abu Dhabi

55&5th The Grill Abu Dhabi
Ranked #46 of 2,020 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Fine Dining at premium price!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

I had great expectations when visiting 55&5th, the menu looks wonderful, the wine list is superb. Staff are very friendly and professional. Unfortunately my husbands steak was more like a piece of old leather, it was small and had no flavour. I selected the Lobster as my main course and it was tasty but did not have the WOW factor for me. The restaurant lacked ambience and overall I expected a lot more bang for my buck. The restaurant itself has lovely furnishing and is very new and clean but I found it to be overpriced and left feeling disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Heerlen, The Netherlands
“Wonderful evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

We had dinner in 55&5th about a week ago for our wedding anniversary. We had a great evening. The staff are all very friendly and professional. We would like to give a special mention to Juliana. She made our even one to never forget. Thank you so much for that. Of course the food was excellent! Greetings from Holland, Charles and Stefanie

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Recent Trip to Abu Dhabi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

The Restaraunt is fine with outside dining as well....a little pricey but ok,the service was good and the wines excellent.

We ate there twice so it must have been ok !!

The waiting staff were very attentive and likewise the sommelier was very professional.

I would recommend that you visit the Restaraunt

Martin

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Kenfolly
Stregis_Management, General Manager at 55&5th The Grill Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments about 55&5th, The Grill - our signature venue at the resort.

I am glad to see your kind comments about the service you experience as this is one of the cornerstones of a St. Regis. I will be sure to pass your note on to the staff.

Should you return I can also recommend our Southeast Asian venue - Sontaya or for a more casual experience - Turquoiz beach restaurant and lounge.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

J. Stewart Selbie
“My favourite restaurant in Abu Dhabi.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

This is the second review I have written of this fabulous restaurant in as many weeks. Somehow the first has been lost. The Senior Barmen a Sri Lankan called Shashikia mixes a Bloody Mary with a twist that is to die for and a Strawberry Blonde that is a work of art. Although our favourite Maître Dee has moved to another restaurant the position has been filled by a lovely young lady who personifies what makes any visit to 55&5th, and that's personal. The attention to detail is impressive without being intrusive. The Sommelier, a lovely French young lady called Aurelle ensures your dining experience is complimented by perfect wines in a friendly, informative manner, putting you at ease without being pretentious. Last night we enjoyed the tasting menu and accompanying wines, where previously we have taken a safe option and not challenged our taste buds. Although expensive it was amazing, from Bone Marrow to Sweet Meats something we would never have experienced the food was exquisite and ably explained by Ola who was supported by another delightful young lady, Jessa. The seven course menu is complimented by 5 wines which are introduced by Aurelle and if not to your taste can be changed, although not fans of Sherry all the wines certainly enhanced the food. In summary our fourth visit to this restaurant was as good as the first, the food is outstanding, the decor sets a wonderful ambience, whilst the Staff really make you feel special. We look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Visited March 2014
Dear Guest

I am thrilled to read your comments on your experience at 55&5th, The Grill.

It is always nice to welcome back guests to our restaurants and I am glad you that the team have gone beyond expectations during your dining experience.

I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the team and we all hope to welcome you back again soon.

Surra
“One of the best steaks i ve had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are a steak lover.
The meat is great and all the side dishes are fantastic.

• Visited January 2014
Dear Maria

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your experience at 55&5th, The Grill.

I am glad to read your comments on the service and food and will be sure to pass this on to the team.