“Not impressed”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Wiltshire
“Not impressed”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Poor booking system - we were told we 'must' book a table at either 7pm or 9.30pm because they were going to be very busy. No flexibility by staff not empowered. As it turned out, the restaurant was virtually empty all night. Main course plates were cold, so was the chicken dish. It was sent back to be reheated and came cold again! Even I can work a microwave oven. Could be lovely atmosphere with the amazing lighting and high ceiling, but the restaurant is sterile with awful music. The place need funky music, louder to create a buzz. Finally, the person who bought all the chairs and tables at this St. Regis either procured chairs too low (so your chin is on the table) or too high that you sit uncomfortably. We joked that every eating place at this hotel had the same problem (with the exception of Sontaya). Would struggle to return based on this experience.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Richard113
Stregis_Management, Manager at 55&5th The Grill Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am saddened to read your comments on 55&5th, The Grill, which is our signature venue at the resort. We usually receive very positive feedback on this venue, but we greatly value guest comment and take allegations such as yours extremely seriously.

Should you wish to discuss your experience further please contact me directly on StRegis.Saadiyat@stregis.com or should you visit the hotel in the weeks ahead, please do contact me directly and I will attempt to change your view.

• Korean first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Worth every dirham!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My 3rd visit to the restaurant and I think it deserves a review. Invited my mom to stay in the hotel for the birthday treat and the manager did take care of her like a birthday queen. The staff was very discreet, fast and attentive. The food was amazing. Not a big portion, but chef kept sending us free dishes to keep us full. Love love love the champagne cocktail. It’s a place I would love to go back again and again for the same dishes, even on the normal occasion. Pricey but worth every dirham. Highly recommend!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank AmAme
Stregis_Management, Manager at 55&5th The Grill Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on 55&5th, The Grill, I am thrilled to read your comments on the service as this is one of our cornerstones of a St. Regis.

I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the team.

Kind Regards

Melbourne, Australia
“That a Treat”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have been here twice in the last 12 months and both times loved the experience. The online reservation system worked perfectly or you can also call. Service was attentive but not obtrusive and the great ambiance.

The decor is lovely and on my first occasion I sat inside with a friend in a booth which was beautiful if a bit big for two. On this last occassion with my husband we sat outside as it was still cool enough and it was very romantic setting with tables spaced and screened perfectly.

If you love food and don't mind having someone else make the decision about what you are having then I would highly recommend the Tasting Menu. Seven courses of delicious food with each seeming small but that is the point afterall you have seven courses to get through, and we were not hungry at the end. We got the 5 matching wines with ours, but there is an option for less. With only one change to mine (as I only drink white) the wines went perfectly.

One of my top 3 restaruants in Abu Dhabi.

1 Thank frog0101
Stregis_Management, Manager at 55&5th The Grill Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Guest

I am thrilled to read your positive feedback on your expereince at 55&5th, The Grill.
I will be sure to pass your nice comments on to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Always one of the best”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I go here once a month and the food is always excellent and the staff simply the best in Abu Dhabi.

The Resteraurant manager is alway welcoming and attentive to running a great team.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments which I will be sure to pass on to Kirsten and her team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to 55&5th, The Grill.

Switzerland
“Average”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We tried this during a vacation in the UAE. Ambiance and table outside both were excellent. Also the service was of high standard from arriving until leaving the restaurant. However, the food was not special. Particularly, the meat was tough compared to other steak houses we have tried in the past, such as Carnevio or Delmonico. I must admit that we are meat lovers and our steaks prepared at home are also much better than the steaks in the 55&5th.

All in all a good evening but there is a lot of room for the steaks, in particular for the high prices requested.

• Visited May 2013
Stregis_Management, Manager at 55&5th The Grill Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

While I’m glad that the service and ambience delivered on promise, I am disappointed to read that you felt the steak wasn’t as per your requirement. I have to admit that this is very unusual for us as most often the steaks are highly rated and 55&5th The Grill was named the best steakhouse in Abu Dhabi. That said, I’m hoping you give us the opportunity to have you dine with us again as the venue now understands your preference and be able to offer a bespoke culinary experience in every sense.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near further, perhaps to try one of our other award winning venues.