“very average”

Scott's
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Scott’s is not just any seafood restaurant - it's the seafood restaurant - of London. For the first time in its 160 year history, Scott's is opening in a new location in the heart of Abu Dhabi. Offering the finest oysters, fish and crustacean, as well as seasonal game, meat and vegetarian dishes, the decor of this rare and exquisite escape is as dramatic as its location over water.
Burry Port
“very average”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We were there as a group corporate event 20 guests. we chose from a couple of menu option in advance and the package included unlimited wine etc... The food was ok but not what I would expect and not like Scotts in london. The wine was limited to the waiters bringing it and didn't get the topped up glasses you usually get when paying per bottle. Suffice to say it got awkward asking for more wine. Overall disappointing.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank RogerBurryPort

Dubai
“A promising address ... ending in feeling queasy”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My friends and I got a warm recommendation to test Scott's restaurant for a fine dinner in Abu Dhabi.
As a matter of fact we did not like it that much.
The location is nice, efficient valet parking is available at the restaurant door (always keep right when driving into Jumeirah Etihad towers service road at ground level).
The decoration of the restaurant is not really warm, not to say cold!
Upon arrival greeting service was not exceptional and rather slow.
The menu looks great. Nothwithstanding the prices, servings are very small (side orders or starters such as chebice and squids are truly so small that you eat it in 1 minute)!
Indeed grilled fishes are well presented (superb sole, nice kingfish to name a few).
But for at least 5 of us (with different menus) the evening ended feeling queasy with light nausea.
The restaurant management shall definitely instruct the kitchen staff to wash their hands carefully before cooking and shall seriously control that they actually did it.

• Visited March 2014
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
“Quality Cuisine”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Took a week in the sun at the Abu Dhabi Hilton and was advised to try Scotts as it was a special birthday for my wife. The restaurant is located below the twin towers of the Jumeirah Etihad Hotel ( which is a truly awesome hotel in its own right).
We booked a table for 7:00pm and on arrival were greeted very warmly and seated at the cocktail bar where we sipped expertly mixed Moscow Mule and Black velvet. Then on top the main event. We decided to sample the Tasting Menu complete with accompanying drinks. Every one of the five courses was cooked, plated and served professionally by learned staff who explained and described each course and associated wine. We had a truly memorable evening and still talk about the wonderful experience. Our thanks go out to all the staff who looked after us and made the meal something special. If you're in the area and want to eat fish/ seafood cooked and served to a Michelin standard then this is the place. We can't wait to return.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank kim584
GRJumeirah, Guest Relations at Scott's, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you very much for your compliments! We are delighted that you enjoyed dining at Scott's and that we have added to this special occasion. We are thrilled about your comments on our team members and that they have made your celebration memorable! We are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next visit in Abu Dhabi!
Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
“We loved it!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I have had the pleasure of eating in many restaurants in Abu Dhabi and Dubai , and by any comparison Scotts is exceptional. Both the food and service were faultless. I was at Scott’s with my girlfriend and we both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Every course was superb. I particularly liked the venison, whilst she liked her choice of haddock. The service was polite and attentive without ever being obtrusive. Something my girlfriend commented upon was the stylish décor. She tends to notice these things more than I do. All things considered the evening spent at Scott’s was wonderful. With so many options for dining in Abu Dhabi , it takes a special restaurant to tempt me to return, however I am very much looking forward to my next opportunity of visiting Scotts.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank James M
GRJumeirah, Guest Relations at Scott's, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are delighted that you and your girlfriend had an enjoyable evening at Scott's and that you liked the dishes so much. We are thrilled to know that you are planning to visit us again and we are truly looking forward to welcoming you back!
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

My daughter has been to Scott's on several occasions and never disappointed, so my Husband and I were happy to go there with her, for the last evening of our holiday in Abu Dhabi. We went at 8pm on a Saturday night - which is like going out on Sunday night in UK - and the Restaurant was exceedingly quiet. However, this, possibly, was to our advantage, as the Staff had time to listen, and respond patiently, to our many questions about the menu. After lots of debate about the choices offered, my daughter and I started with the seafood cocktail, while my Husband had the trout - all thoroughly enjoyed. For the main, my daughter had the whole sea bass, while mine came filleted, as requested - very tasty. The Dover Sole my Husband ordered was the biggest he's ever had in any restaurant and was absolutely perfect! The side orders are each enough for two people - especially the chips! We actually were too full for a dessert, but decided we had to try the 'Valrhona chocolate & passion fruit bombe with caramel salted ice cream' - an experience for the taste buds! - and a scoop of hazelnut ice cream. The Staff were courteous and mindful of our needs, topping up the wine and water glasses before we even realised we needed it. Because it was rather a chilly evening, we sat inside the restaurant, although the view and ambience outside would be our preference on a balmy evening. Scott's is not cheap (remember 16% - service charge and tourist tax - is added to the prices on the menu)- but which restaurant in a five star hotel is? We definitely would recommend a special evening here.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank WaryDubai
GRJumeirah, Guest Relations at Scott's, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you very much for your compliments and we are thrilled that your daughter is a regular guest at Scott’s! We are delighted that you had a memorable evening and that you enjoyed the food at Scott’s. We hope that you had a nice holiday in Abu Dhabi and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.