“Exquisite!”

Scott's
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Scott’s is not just any seafood restaurant - it's the seafood restaurant - of London. For the first time in its 160 year history, Scott's is opening in a new location in the heart of Abu Dhabi. Offering the finest oysters, fish and crustacean, as well as seasonal game, meat and vegetarian dishes, the decor of this rare and exquisite escape is as dramatic as its location over water.
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Normally one to avoid British food when abroad, I read the reviews and decided to give Scott's a try. I'm so glad I did! The service was faultless and the young French wine waiter extremely knowledgeable.

The food really was exquisite: my starter was the shellfish bisque which had a rich and creamy full flavour; it really was delightful. I followed this with their 'posh' version of fish, chips and mushy peas; what can I say? The generous portion of flavoursome haddock was beautifully cooked and the batter incredibly light and crisp. This was served on a bed of lightly minted, pureed peas with a portion of perfectly prepared hand cut chunky chips.

The whole dining experience was perfect , I will definitely recommend this restaurant, and if I'm ever in Abu Dhabi again I will head straight out to Scott's, hopefully with friends next time.

Doris G, General Manager at Scott's, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear UKbadiubranca,
Thank you once again for taking the time to post another marvelous review, this time of our Scott’s restaurant.
I’m overwhelmed by your fantastic review and elated to know that both the service and the dishes were to your palette. Your praise has been cascaded to both the service and culinary team at Scott’s who were ever so grateful for your fantastic feedback.
As stated before, we look forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, where you are always welcome and fondly remembered.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had a lovely evening here at Scott's seafood restaurant. Beautiful interior, fantastic service, amazing food. Next stop Scott's restaurant next time I'm in London

Dear ngmcintosh,
Thank you again for taking the time to post yet another review, this time of our Scott’s restaurant.
I’m grateful to hear that thoroughly enjoyed your dining experiences at Scott’s and that your meal was to your liking.
We look forward to welcoming you back in he near future upon your return to Abu Dhabi!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had waited a year for this to open and it is an impressive building stretching out over the water away from the Jumeirah Etihad Towers hotel. It is busy for both lunch and dinner and you do see some amazing cars driving up !
We had drinks at the bar - good and good atmosphere. I was surprised the choice of seafood seemed limited and probably due to that made the wrong choice - so our meal was quite average. We did though enjoy the service and location and would go back again.

Doris G, General Manager at Scott's, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Trish M,
I was saddened to hear that you hadn’t enjoyed your experience at Scott’s as much as the other outlets in the hotel; I hope that this didn’t have a negative impact on your overall experience with us. Thank you also for your feedback and critique on our menu range, this will be looked into.
We hope to see you back with us soon so that we can redeem ourselves and hopefully improve on this experience.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We've enjoyed our diner at Scott's last Monday. I ordered the tiger prawns and the salmon risotto, and it was delicious! The host Nikholas was very friendly and very knowledgeable. He really made us feel welcome!

We had diner with people who were considering to work and live in Abu Dhabi. This stylish restaurant, the super-friendly host and the good food may have contributed to their decision to join to Abu Dhabi! Can recommend this restaurant, especially with drinks at Ray's bar before having dinner.

1  Thank Wendy V
Doris G, General Manager at Scott's, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Wendy V,
Warm greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, Abu Dhabi and many thanks for posting such a fantastic review about our Scott’s restaurant, it’s greatly appreciated.
I’m glad that you and your friends hand enjoyed you meal and that it was made more memorable by my colleague Nikholas. Your comments have been shared with him along with the entire Scott’s team and they are ever so grateful for your kind feedback.
On behalf of the entire Scott’s team we hope to see you back soon (hopefully with your friends again, if they decide to stay).

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Honestly , I go there for the dessert and atmosphere . It is a good place to go with friends and have a good laugh.

The food gets boring by your 2nd or 3rd visit , there is absolute no revamping of the menu or the food taste.

The shrimp and escalope are good , but the lobster is very un-fulfilling and tasteless.

I always go for the expensive items and usually get disappointed every time with both the taste and presentation. The food is soulless and no passion in the making can be felt.

BUT ! The service is EXCELLENT , the waiters are always smiling and more than willing to help.

Regards

Doris G, General Manager at Scott's, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear G s,
Warm greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers!
Thank you for your comments and constructive feedback, they are always appreciated.
I’m sincerely sorry to hear that your experience at Scott’s was not to your taste but thank you for the comments about our service.
Your concerns have been raised to the culinary team are currently being looked into internally.
I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in the future and confident an updated and fresh critique and review of Scott’s next time round will prove more positive.
Yours sincerely, Doris Greif, General Manager