“The Lobster Is A Must!”

Scott's
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Scott’s is not just any seafood restaurant - it's the seafood restaurant - of London. For the first time in its 160 year history, Scott's is opening in a new location in the heart of Abu Dhabi. Offering the finest oysters, fish and crustacean, as well as seasonal game, meat and vegetarian dishes, the decor of this rare and exquisite escape is as dramatic as its location over water.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Whilst staying at the Etihad we fancied some good sea food and it turned out T/A recommended the lovely looking building we could see below! We didn't book in advance but as it isn't peak season we got a table straight away. From the minute we walked in the service was exemplary, our waiter Nikholas (a recent edition from Greece) helped make the evening a wonderful experience and was very friendly yet professional. My wife has the Goat Cheese Tart which she loved, I had the prawns with Mango Salsa which I found a bit bland so perhaps avoid those. My wife had the lobster which she absolutely loved and I have to agree, I had the grilled Sea Bass which was perfectly cooked. Overall the dinner was great and the service was brilliant, Scotts should be proud to have such a fantastic employee as Nikholas!

After dinner we went for a stroll down the hotel beach which was a lovely end to the evening, even the security guard was lovely enough to grab us a towel to wash off our feet from the sand. Just perfect!

1  Thank Riaz C
Doris G, General Manager at Scott's, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Riaz C,
Thank you for another fabulous review, it’s truly appreciated, especially when working in an industry and as part of a team where everyone is dedicated to making your stay as welcoming and comfortable as possible. Your message has been shared internally and sent to Nikholas where he was just thrilled. We hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, where you are always welcomed and fondly remembered.
Best Regards, Doris Greif, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Scott's

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I never thought I could be a fan of British food, however this restaurant has changed my mind.
For the appetizer I had the goat cheese and spinach tart. And the fish and chips for my main meal. Both were very good, especially the appetizer which I would recommend. The fish was a good size portion also.

Doris G, General Manager at Scott's, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Dani I,

Thank you for such a wonderful review, it’s truly appreciated. Your message has been shared internally with the entire culinary team at Scott’s where they were so motivated.

We hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Wonderful building , excellent location. I wondered about giving it 3 stars, but felt that would be a bit mean to the really excellent Timothy, not to mention both Anil and Jenna. My slightly less than enthusiastic response to the food, however, could have been our choices, which did not turn out too well. We eat seafood mainly, so Scott's suited- but I found the menu choice not that inspiring I am afraid. Starters were good- scallops with Japanese chilli and samphire (good, not great, even though scallops are my favourite food) and excellent prawn grilled with mango salsa. My wife had kingfish, which was new to her. She found it overpoweringly fishy (it is a strong flavoured fish). Timothy was quick to spot that she was not happy and -despite her protests that she would carry on- he whisked it away and almost instantly brought her a fine piece of sea bass. He tried to replace my meal, but I was feeling guilty at this point and soldiered on, saying it was fine. He had his doubts though! I thought an expensive "shrimp burger" in a restaurant like this would have an interesting take on the idea. But no. It was minced up shrimp in a burger bun. It was pretty inedible and tasted nothing like shrimp I thought. Unfortunately the veg was uninspiring also- "heritage " peas and carrots seemed pretty ordinary.Warm pecan pie was excellent and Timothy brought out free tea and coffee. So we could have been unlucky I guess, hence the slightly higher mark than the food strictly deserved- but my wife loved the attention from Timothy!

Doris G, General Manager at Scott's, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers!

Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated.

Your constructive comments raised about the food have been taken on board and shared internally with the culinary team. We are not always perfect but we do strive for excellence, so the points you have raised will be closely considered and revisited, with the appropriate actions taken, to ensure we continue our pursuit of those closely held goals.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in the future and confident an updated and fresh critique and review of our services will prove more positive.

Yours sincerely,

Doris Greif,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great setting, diverse menu and super wine list. We went as a couple with two other couples and all six of us loved it!! It was a repeat visit for two in our party.

Doris G, General Manager at Scott's, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued patronage and review of your experience at Scott’s Restaurant.

Your message has been shared internally with the entire Scott’s team where they were so motivated.

We hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Lunch at Scott's on a Friday is a very enjoyable experience. Our first visit included a Celiacs diner and the staff knew their stuff and the entire two bread baskets were gluten free and very tasty. Three weeks later we returned with four adults and three children. We had the same staff look after us and he could recall every menu item my husband, son and I had enjoyed three weeks earlier, including the wine we'd had. Their crispy calamari with chilli jam is amazing! Melts in your mouth, is so fresh and I can't wait to go back for more. The fantastic service, the relaxed atmosphere and the location make this a top pick for Abu Dhabi.

Dear Rebecca K,

Thank you for your continued patronage and review of your experience at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers.

We appreciate the time taken to post the message and I’m extremely happy to hear that our personalised service by our colleagues at Scott’s Restaurant was both positive and memorable.

On behalf of the entire team we do hope to see you back with us sometime in the hopefully not too distant future and look forward to that day.