“Superb!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Scott's - CLOSED

Scott's
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Scott’s is not just any seafood restaurant - it's the seafood restaurant - of London. For the first time in its 160 year history, Scott's is opening in a new location in the heart of Abu Dhabi. Offering the finest oysters, fish and crustacean, as well as seasonal game, meat and vegetarian dishes, the decor of this rare and exquisite escape is as dramatic as its location over water.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great setting, diverse menu and super wine list. We went as a couple with two other couples and all six of us loved it!! It was a repeat visit for two in our party.

Doris G, General Manager at Scott's, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued patronage and review of your experience at Scott’s Restaurant.

Your message has been shared internally with the entire Scott’s team where they were so motivated.

We hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers.

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Can't wait to go back again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Lunch at Scott's on a Friday is a very enjoyable experience. Our first visit included a Celiacs diner and the staff knew their stuff and the entire two bread baskets were gluten free and very tasty. Three weeks later we returned with four adults and three children. We had the same staff look after us and he could recall every menu item my husband, son and I had enjoyed three weeks earlier, including the wine we'd had. Their crispy calamari with chilli jam is amazing! Melts in your mouth, is so fresh and I can't wait to go back for more. The fantastic service, the relaxed atmosphere and the location make this a top pick for Abu Dhabi.

Doris G, General Manager at Scott's, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Rebecca K,

Thank you for your continued patronage and review of your experience at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers.

We appreciate the time taken to post the message and I’m extremely happy to hear that our personalised service by our colleagues at Scott’s Restaurant was both positive and memorable.

On behalf of the entire team we do hope to see you back with us sometime in the hopefully not too distant future and look forward to that day.

“Good but not great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

A beautiful looking restaurant with stunning decor. We were slightly late due to taxi issues, but fortunately our table was still reserved. It was a Friday night and it was quite busy, not packed but a good buzz to the place.

Service was excellent, drinks were brought quickly. The wine list is expensive, but this is Abu Dhabi and this is Scotts.

The shellfish bisque was the best I've ever had, absolutely delicious. My wife had the prawns to start and she also was very happy with them. I went for the cod and she had the sea bass. I was disappointed with the cod, it didn't taste of cod (this sounds crazy but hopefully you know what I mean). My wifes sea bass was very good. The vegetables were cooked very well but covered in butter.

We shared a dessert, the cheesecake and rhubarb, which was ok. The other desserts looked very good but I was full.

It was a special occasion and we had a thoroughly enjoyable time. My main dish was disappointing but generally everything else was great.

I shall come back again one day and try something else (When someone else is paying!)

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Doris G, General Manager at Scott's, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for comments and review of your experience at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers.

We appreciate the time taken to post the message and I’m extremely happy to hear that our personalised assistance by our colleagues from Scott’s team was both positive and memorable.

Thank you also for your constructive criticism regarding the your main course which we have certainly taken on board.

We hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers.

“Slightly Disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Was expecting more I suppose. Scott's has a great reputation in London, but if I am honest the food (not service, location or ambience) was disappointing. The goats cheese and spinach tart was soggy, overpowered with cheese and no other flavours available from the spinach, pine nuts or roasted tomatoes.
My USDA Rib Eye steak was 30% fat and grizzle, very disappointed by this. My wife had the seafood mollusc platter, while she commended the flavours, freshness etc, the presentation was very poor. The service staff, from welcome, meal service to good bye were excellent. The premises are awe-inspiring, great ambience. The food quality and presentation needs some intricate attention though!

Visited June 2013
Doris G, General Manager at Scott's, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Warm greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and many thanks for taking the time to post your review.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the food not being up to your expectations. I have shared your valuable feedbacks with the culinary team at Scott’s Restaurant. The rib eye is our top selling meat item at Scott’s Restaurant and most of our guests say it’s the best steak in Abu Dhabi. I am sorry that the goat cheese tart and seafood platter are not to your liking. Your feedback is very important to us – obviously it is the only way we can continuously improve our standards and service.

I hope that this experience will not deter you from visiting us again and along with the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team look forward to welcoming you back again.

Sincerely Yours

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Pleasant, but waitstaff could improve”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Dined at Scott’s for lunch on a Friday. Impressed by the atmosphere of the restaurant – calm and classic. Food was also fresh and well presented. Generally unfussy and refined, though very pricey, as all the restaurants at the Jumeirah Etihad Towers are. The main downside, was the waitstaff, who were not very knowledgeable about the menu – for example, unable to answer our queries with regards to where the oysters were from. And as is often the problem in hotel restaurants across the UAE, staff is just a little too omnipresent throughout the meal – refilling water after each sip, interrupting to ask lots of questions “how is your food?” etc. A little more training and confidence from the waitstaff, giving a little more breathing space for guests would bring this place up to 5 stars.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Doris G, General Manager at Scott's, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Jaiwana,

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers!

I’m sorry to hear that your dining experience was tarnished due to the over-attentive service and our colleagues’ insufficient product knowledge at Scott’s Restaurant. Your constructive comments raised have been taken on board and are currently being looked into internally.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in the future.

Yours sincerely,