“Great Restaurant and great service !”
Review of Tori No Su

Tori No Su
Ranked #53 of 2,054 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Nothing excites the taste buds more than the subtleties employed in the arrangement of fresh seasonal produce to create Japanese cuisine. Like fine Japanese calligraphy, where the strokes can be bold and emphatic, and then delicate and refined, Chef Ando applies decades of mastery and skill as a kaiseki - trained chef, and takes all who visit on a culinary journey in Tori No Su. With a mood setting bar, teppan yaki counter and a dim lit lounge style set up, Tori No Su's atmospherics perfectly suit the cuisine and Japanese beverages on offer.
“Great Restaurant and great service !”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Gorgeous restaurant with fresh and delicious sushi and sashimi. Yuyu was our waitress and she was amazing and great smile ! Best service. For sure I will be back.  So if you are in Abu Dhabi and looking for a Japanese food go to Tori No Su !!!

• Visited April 2013
Doris G, General Manager at Tori No Su, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for such a positive comment and review of your experience at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers.

I’m extremely happy to hear that our personalised service by Yuyu was both enjoyable and memorable. To receive such words of appreciation and thanks does mean a lot to us and we appreciate the time you have taken to share these comments

On behalf of the entire team we do hope to see you back with us very soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“consistently very good”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

One of the best places for sushi and Japanese food in Abu Dhabi.Very well prepared and most important Fresh sushi and sashimi. Service is on spot and friendly. The only thing is the wine availability,we picked a rose that wasn't available and then the one that came was not the same year that was on the menu, nevertheless its a cozy place that I visit once in a while,and very happy with what I pay and what I get.Thanks

1 Thank H1914
Doris G, General Manager at Tori No Su, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers! Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated.

It is nice to hear that you largely enjoyed the dining experience with us at Tori No Su especially the food and service. I am extremely sorry for the wine unavailability and vintage change on the wine list. We are not always perfect but we do strive for excellence, so the points you have raised are closely considered and revisited, with the appropriate actions taken, to ensure wine list is constantly updated to reflect changes.

On behalf of the entire team we do hope to see you back with us sometime in the hopefully not too distant future and look forward to that day.

“like it”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I like the restaurant decor, the staff are friendly the food quality was very good especially the sushi was yummy as I was setting on sushi bar watching the chief preparing the food. I would really recommend restaurant for sushi lovers.

• Visited May 2013
Doris G, General Manager at Tori No Su, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for comments and review of your experience at Tori No Su. We appreciate the time taken to post the message and I’m very happy to hear that you enjoyed the sushi.

“Overrated. Go to Toki”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Has some nice dishes but for more traditional fare go to Toki.

The restaurant is in the top hotel in Abu Dhabi which should make for better atmosphere. Unfortunately the restaurant was not very busy on the night I was there.

Visited February 2013
Doris G, General Manager at Tori No Su, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

I’m sorry to hear that your dining experience with us was not to your liking.

The entire team at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers is dedicated to providing contemporary urban lifestyle luxury experiences in the heart of Abu Dhabi, and on this occasion it would appear that our hospitality services were not matched with your particular requirements. This is most unfortunate and should you be visiting Abu Dhabi again I do hope that your chosen dining options be more positively suited.

Yours sincerely,

“Won't be going back”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I took my best friend (Japanese) to dinner last weekend as I have just returned from a trip to Japan. We had a voucher for a set menu as we wanted to try this place out (we have another Japanese hangout place for weekends).

I asked for a cup of green tea with my meal (yes, shock horror, green tea in a Japanese restaurant) but I was told the green tea was not included in the set menu - but I could have a beer, wine or soft drinks, an entire page of drinks OTHER than green tea.

At this point for me the restaurant got the poor mark.

Later, my friend finished her rice and asked for another bowl - she was informed that there will be an extra charge for the second bowl of rice.

At this point for my friend the restaurant got the poor mark.

We experienced zero hospitality (just because they serve you, it doesn't mean hospitality). One person sits you down, another brings your drink, takes your order, a third and fourth the main course, etc. The server mis-pronounced the dish on the menu, placed the hot miso soup and the rice bowl in front of the main dish (ie. at the edge of the table close to your body) and the desert could have come from a Friday brunch buffet it was so bland. The fruits presented with the desert looked like the Etihad towers but had no taste (the melon was rock hard and the strawberry sour as the supermarket ones).

Japanese cuisine is not just about sushi. I think the restaurant caters for European expats and Arabs and for their taste and expectations. Yes, the decoration is eye catching, 5 people serve you, but the food we were served was disappointing (in the sense of authenticity) and the restaurant was inflexible.

We will stick with our other usual hang out place.

• Visited May 2013
Doris G, General Manager at Tori No Su, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

I’m sincerely sorry to hear that your dining experience was tarnished by Tori No Su Restaurant.

Your concern raised have been taken on board and are currently being looked into internally. Extensive consideration is also undertaken by our team to ensure that we can provide luxury experiences at great value. We are not always perfect but we do strive for excellence, so the points you have raised will be closely considered and revisited, with the appropriate actions taken, to ensure we continue our pursuit of those closely held goals.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in the future and confident an updated and fresh critique and review of our services will prove more positive.

Yours sincerely,