“Good for romantic dinners - execllent food, service and ambiance”
Review of Brasserie Angelique - CLOSED

Brasserie Angelique
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Brasserie Angelique is a classic brasserie with a wide selection of beverages and home-style a la carte French brasserie cuisine, in a chic French inspired setting. Our chef is passionate about food that inspires amusing conversation and joyful company. Complimented by the brasserie's elegant yet welcoming interiors, dining here would have a jubilant effect both on your mood and palate.
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I took my wife here to celebrate our wedding anniversary and neither of us was disappointed. Yes, the bill was quite high but it simply reflected the general quality of the service, the décor and of course the gourmet food.

The entrance is a little strange - coming as it does directly off the arrivals area of the main hotel. But once through the doors it has the feel of a genuine but very smart and sophisticated French bistro. I'll be honest and say that I found the background music a little unremarkable and I wonder whether a slightly more French flavour might have added more atmosphere. Arriving at 7.30pm of course the place was almost empty - when will I learn that the UAE dines late? - I like full restaurants for how it adds to the ambiance! Also (and I'm not usually too fussy) I was surprised to see a couple dressed in jeans and tee-shirts - maybe a bit too casual?

Anyway, we began with a couple of glasses of Veuve C Rose - an excellent start! My wife loved her foie gras (with a glass of sauternes) and I could have had a second bowl of lobster bisque it was so delicious! Wanting to stay French for the main course I opted for the confit de canard which I enjoyed although I though the meat was maybe just a little undercooked. My wife loved her sea bass (as did I when I finished it off!). This was all washed down with a bottle of sommelier-recommended Haas Pinot Nero - a good accompaniment for the meal although it was a bit cooler than I would have preferred. Thereafter the inevitable crepes suzettes followed! These too were delicious but I wonder where these days you can get a freshly prepared crepes rather than pre-made ones? Also, one thing common in France - and elsewhere - is a between-the-courses sorbet to freshen the palate. Maybe this is something that could be introduced?

We do thank and applaud the team for providing a surprise chocolate cake in celebration of our anniversary - a very nice touch and it was scrumptious too - also big enough that we were able to take some home and continue its enjoyment!

In the end the bill came to just over AED1,500 - kind of what I had expected. But the main thing is that we enjoyed our 3 hours there as it ticked nearly all the boxes. Not quite 100% perfection but excellent nevertheless. I'm sure we will be back some time for another special occasion.

1  Thank OliverPerth_WA
GRJumeirah, Guest Relations Manager at Brasserie Angelique, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Thank you for dining at Brasserie Angélique on such a special occasion! We are glad you enjoyed the service, food and décor and we’re very thankful for the detailed feedback. Regarding the background music, it is unfortunate that it wasn’t to your liking as we usually keep it Jazzy and Loungy with French hints as opposed to the usual French classics. We’re thrilled to know that you enjoyed the bisque, foie gras and sea bass so much and wish that we hadn’t slightly undercooked your duck. Please accept our sincere apologies for that. Regarding the crêpes, we prepare them freshly on a special trolley at your table. It was our pleasure to offer a cake as nothing could have made us happier than to add to the joy of your anniversary! We are definitely looking forward to welcome you back here and wish you and your wife a very happy anniversary!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

It's hard not to love this place: top-notch service, great food, fresh hot bread, excellent choice of wines and drinks. It ticks all the right boxes! It's definitely not cheap but you get what you pay for.

GRJumeirah, Guest Relations Manager at Brasserie Angelique, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you for sharing this lovely review! We are absolutely delighted to be your favourite and hope to welcome you back here soon!

Reviewed May 3, 2014

A bit expensive but worth the money! Food was good and service was spot on. Going to abu dhabi next week and will go there again. Highly recommend

GRJumeirah, Guest Relations Manager at Brasserie Angelique, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Thank you for reviewing Brasserie Angelique. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience here and are truly looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Brasserie Angelique is a typical generic superb restaurant. As a part of Jumeirah at Etihad Towers hotel (but also freely accessible by public), guests can enjoy a mainstream french/european cuisine for a quite good price. We've had 2 steaks which were good (maybe a bit overcooked), good desserts, good wine; the staff was also good... But nothing stood out.
Actually, I'd say BA is for western visitors/expats who are too sensitive on food/atmosphere and want to taste the cuisine they are accustomed to at home. So If you're afraid to taste something more arabic/asian on a high level or maybe wanna relax a bit more than it's typical in UAE (we saw a birthday party with applause and a bit louder talk while being there) you'll be fine here. Otherwise, try Li Beirut in the same premises.

GRJumeirah, Guest Relations Manager at Brasserie Angelique, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Brasserie Angélique. We are glad you enjoyed our desserts, wines and service. Thanks for recommending Li Beirut to guests looking for Arabic food, we are glad to hear that you enjoy the cuisine there. We truly hope to welcome you back here and are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

By chance we stumbled on a very special night at Brasserie Angelique - Over 30kg of cheese had been imported from France, and presented with the most amazing accompaniments of fresh bread, crackers, fruit, chutneys and nuts. Along with a very lovely wine selection and to top it off a brilliant saxophonist. It was amazing.... as a cheese fan I do not think I will ever get the chance to sample so many different styles and tastes. I would recommend you consider perhaps intermingling a starter to freshen the palate but apart from that dive in and enjoy. Truely a fabulous and unique experience that is running for a few weeks - just go !

Thank you for dining at Brasserie Angélique and for the lovely review! It is the Brasserie Angélique team's pride and joy when guests visit on special nights like the Jazz, Cheese, Grapes and Paris evenings and are pleased with the food and ambience on offer! We are hoping to welcome you back here soon. Our next Jazz, Cheese, Grapes and Paris night is on the 27th of May in case you would like to experience it again!