“great experience”

Brasserie Angelique
Ranked #16 of 2,038 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Brasserie Angelique is a classic brasserie with a wide selection of beverages and home-style a la carte French brasserie cuisine, in a chic French inspired setting. Our chef is passionate about food that inspires amusing conversation and joyful company. Complimented by the brasserie's elegant yet welcoming interiors, dining here would have a jubilant effect both on your mood and palate.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great experience”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Excellent food, atmosphere, and very friendly staff. Great location too. Which is Probably why the place seemed alive unlike many restaurants in Abu Dhabi.

1 Thank Dani I
Doris G, General Manager at Brasserie Angelique, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Dani I,

Thank you for the approving comments and review of your experience at Brasserie Angelique.

On behalf of the entire team we do hope to see you back with us sometime in the hopefully not too distant future and look forward to that day.

• Arabic first
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Initially my husband and I were planning on having dinner at Tori No Shu, but since they were closed for Ramadan...we ended up next door at Brasserie Angelique. From the moment we walked in, we were pleasantly surprised! The ambiance was incredibly lovely and inviting...not the usual air of pretentiousness that seems customary w/ most french restaurants. It almost felt like we were transported back into the 1920's...fun and lively!

We were offered a warm greeting right away, then shown to a table set perfectly for two. We found out later that John Paul Gaultier had designed the dishes and various detailing in and around the restaurant...very elegant, but not over stated. My favorite touch was the twined up bunch of lavender placed in mini glass vases on each table...simple elegance can go a long way too!

We weren't overly hungry, so opted out of wine...but will definitely have to come w/ more space in our bellies next time b/c the wine on everyone else's tables looked so refreshing! We started w/ the mushroom soup and lobster bisque. Both offered unique flavors, top notch! The mushroom soup was a little on the salty side for me, but my husband thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved the lobster bisque so much, I endulged and used some of the freshly baked baguette (brought accompanying some deliciously fresh butter post ordering) to soak up the last of my it! YUM!!

For my main, since I wasn't very hungry at all...I ordered the lobster/tomato gnocci salad. The waiter mentioned that it was incredibly small (as most french portions are...and should be in my opinion :) and that he would double the size for me, so it would suffice as a main. I told him not to worry...small was good. When it arrived it was the perfect size. Not too small, but not too big either. I discovered when we got the bill, he did double the size...which actually suited me perfectly! Glad he took the initiative!!

My husband ordered the salt encrusted fish (can't remember which type...). It was rolled to our table on a cart and after a 6 min presentation, which was quite fascinating, (the waiter had to chip away at it to reveal the perfectly cooked fish from beneath) he was enjoying the perfectly captured flavors.

We also order sides of green beans and spinach. Both cooked perfectly (not oily like most other restaurants).

Portion sizes were perfect.
Food was delicious.
Service was incredible...friendly and informative.
Ambiance was inviting and lovely.
Price was average...good quality and experience, so maybe even above average! (think we spent around 350aed...ordered a french beer, two soups, 1 main, 1 dbl size salad and sparkling water)

Will DEFINITELY go back and would highly recommend it for others!!

• Visited July 2013
Doris G, General Manager at Brasserie Angelique, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a fabulous review, it’s truly appreciated.

Working in an industry and as part of a team where everyone is dedicated to making your dining experience as welcoming and comfortable as possible. It’s always nice to know that our personalised touches and service have made your visit to Brasserie Angelique that much more memorable and special. To receive such words of appreciation and thanks does mean a lot to us and we appreciate the time you have taken to share these comments.

Your message has been shared internally especially with culinary team where they were just overjoyed.

We hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, where you are always welcomed and fondly remembered.

“I love it”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The fish is amazing . The whole ambience and decor is what really brings me back . My favorite in Abu Dhabi

Visited June 2013
Doris G, General Manager at Brasserie Angelique, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Wassim,

Thank you for comments and review of your experience at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the dining experience with us at Brasserie Angelique.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

genova
“se tres fantastique !!!! wonderful experience !!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Me and my wife have been to Brasserie Angelique on Thurday July 11th for dinner. The restaurant ambience is very elegant retrò, dining @Angelique remember you the "The Great Gatsby" atmosphere with large crystal chandeliers and velvet sofas. My wife has chosen a special set menù with 4 courses instead I have taken an incredible tasty Tartare de Bœuf for starter (seasoned in front of me) with black truffle and a whole Canette à l’Orange served with french fries and wine sauce. A good bottle of Belleruche Chapoutier 2010 from CÔtes-du-RhÔne (granache and sirah blend) throughout the meal. For dessert delicate raspberry tart and rosè champagne zabaione with berries.

• Visited July 2013
Doris G, General Manager at Brasserie Angelique, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for your detailed review.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your dining experience along with the good selection of wine in Brasserie Angelique and have shared your comments with the team.

We hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers.

Doris Greif,
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“FORGOT TO RATE!! BUT DID LEAVE WITH AN IMPPRESSION”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I celebrated my wife's Birthday here last March on the 3rd ... And I totally forgot to write a review. Well honestly, I have been very lazy but really pushed myself today. I must tell you that it has been months since we ate there ... but it has left an ever lasting impression on myself and my wife.

We have decided to make this restaurant out special place, in which we will spend every birthday there. It is truly a very unique place, and the atmosphere is out of this world. I think about the food there at all times, the service ... so amazing, professional staff ... i love it.

Please rest assure that you have created a fan for a life time. Keep the momentum going!! Looking forward to dining with you again soon ...

• Visited March 2013
Doris G, General Manager at Brasserie Angelique, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a favorable review, it’s truly appreciated.

I am extremely happy to read that you celebrated your wife’s birthday with us at Brasserie Angelique. Working in an industry and as part of a team where everyone is dedicated to making your dining experience as welcoming and comfortable as possible. It’s always nice to know that our personalised touches and service have made your visit much more memorable and special.

Your message has been shared with culinary and service team who were so motivated.