“Great food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Konkans Restaurant

The Konkans Restaurant
Ranked #546 of 2,020 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Waitstaff
usa
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

I have had great experiences both at the restaurant and delivery. The time I visited the restaurant it was pretty busy, a local favorite no doubt. The service was great and the food was even better. Their delivery service is fast and the food is still hot and tasty.

The Konkans now is a favorite of mine in Abu Dhabi, I highly recommend giving them a try for great Indian food!

• Visited April 2014

Wales
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I can't believe this restaurant doesn't have 100's of fantastic reviews - it really deserves to!
We came across it by chance, and very glad we did.
We had a warm welcome from the friendly and helpful staff, and the food truly was very, very good. We ordered far too much for just the two of us. We shared poppadoms and onion bhaji then I had the mixed grill and my husband had chicken bhuna - which he declared to be the best bhuna he has ever had, that really is saying something! The bill came to less than half of what we would pay in the Uk - great value. If I was local I would be a regular customer, give it a go!

Visited December 2013
Episkopi, Cyprus
“Superb and so so cheap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had one of the best Indian meals there last night that I have ever had. The food is Mangalorean (South Goa?) and stunningly good, particularly for the price. We paid 12.84 (GBP) for more food than we could eat - for two hungry adults. For that 12 quid we had pappadoms, mint raita and chutneys. The pappadoms were sublime, wafer thin, tasty and shatteringly crisp. We opted to have the food arrive all at once so had Chicken Bhuna, Beef Sukka, Chicken Seek Kebab, Onion Bhajis and a bowl of freshly baked Roti's. The Bhuna was easily the best I have ever had by far, the chicken was succulent, fragrant and beautifully charred and the taste, amazing. The Beef Sukka that my other half had was a regional speciality made with coconut and chilli which I expected to be pale and Thai but was deep brown and thick with the beef falling apart in big chunks. The onion bhajis were crisp on the outside and light on the inside, fantastic. The rotis were the best I have ever had. I could not fault this place. I genuinely intend to make it a weekly must do. Honestly, if you like real Indian food and your in the area just go there. There was so much food for the price that we took enough for supper home with us. It's worth mentioning that it's spotlessly clean and the staff are lovely. Oh, as you walk in the kitchen is on the right hand side behind a floor to celing glass wall and you can see EVERYTHING going on and the kitchens are immaculate.

A real find by my fiance Natasha that I dont think I'll be able to beat.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Heathie8
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Worlds Best Desi (Manglorian / Indian) Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Dear Readers!

Usually my review is in 3 phases but for Konkan its only one, the best

1. They located behind Standard Chartered Bank at Najda Street where parking is bit of an issue and its paid parking area but the moment you find parking and you are in you gonna have good food.

2. Downstairs is good for one or 2 person who is there for casual eating, why casual as who ever comes in restaurant even pass by on road the first person they see is you but they have formal dining upstairs and private area for family and its good one

3. Its all Konkan (more of Goan Style Food) so most of the dishes which are good are sea food

Top Dishes
- try Prawn and Fish Koliwada ( ask for well done and spicy)
- Prawn Gassi
- King Fish Tawa Fry
- Crispy Vegetable
- Hot n Sour Soup (its spicy ...too spicy to handle so be careful)
- Peas Pulao or Zeera Rice is better than Biryani
- For Veg try Bhindi Fry (Lady Finger Fry) and Dal Tadka (Lentil a bit spicy, fried in oil)
- Lacha Paratha (Thick bread with oil)
- Ice Cream (gadibadi) it comes with fruit and nuts
- Fish Finger
- Lamb Kabab

Staff is too friendly and too good and they do delivery as well even offsite too if you request.

A must try restaurant. When i used to live close by at least one time i used to eat there.

Caiyad Phahad - Film Maker from UAE