“Maybe an off night?”

Bocca
Ranked #53 of 2,087 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Enjoy a taste of Italy with views overlooking the bustling Corniche. Bocca offers all the Italian classics from Italian oven cooked pizzas to signature homemade spaghetti with fresh Canadian lobster. Be sure to leave room for Bocca's famous tiramisu.
Yuma, Arizona
“Maybe an off night?”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had really hoped for more after all the hype but I'm sad to say this was only an average dining experience. Considering the five-star prices, this should have wowed and instead it fell flat. I can't say that the food was bad, but there were some missed opportunities. When you are serving a pasta dish that features duck and lamb of all things, you have a great opportunity for a rich, flavorful sauce that really accents the strongly flavored meats. Instead, what arrived where a number of ravioli swimming in a pale yellow sauce that tasted exactly like the pieces of duck on top and did nothing to help the lamb. This could have stood up to a duck demi glace fortifed with a port, sherry or something...The carpaccio was merely average and seemed to be lacking. I could have sworn the menu mentioned truffles and white balsamic, and yet seemed to be missing both. The other thing I couldn't help but notice was that the Maitre 'd seemed to be covering tables while the wait staff were running outside of the restaurant to grab wine glasses, and more bottled water. Maybe my mistake was coming mid week. Lastly, and perhaps most grievously, making disparaging remarks about a table of customers while standing right next to another table of customers sets a bad tone for the experience. Maybe this was a new crew learning the ropes, but for a restaurant of this reputation, this was not up to par.

• Visited March 2013

• Greek first
  • Slovak first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Not a good meal”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Went to Bocca for a early lunch (around 13:00hs). Place as empty and staff placed me in a table really fast and after that they were gone for the entire day.
Had to stand up to find some to order my food.
Food arrived and my carpaccio was thick and pasta was not cooked properly.
Finished the meal asked to move to the smoking area and once again no more staff.

• Visited March 2013
“Excellent atmosphere it reminds me Italy in all his details.Awesome restaurant with great staff.”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

One of the best Italian restaurant I have ever been in my life outside Italy.I need to say really impressed from one of the manager Cristian Bosco the way he works is fantastic.His energy is the key of success of LA BOCCA.The way he and his team welcomed me and my wife was amazing.He strives to deliver excellent customer service to everyone .I really hope is going to be promoted in a higher position because he deserve it.well done Cristian and well done to all his team.

Frank M.

Parma, Italy
“Really Italian food!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We moved from Dbai to Abu Dhabi for 3 days and we stayed in Kempinski Palace: myself,my husband and my two daughters.

We went to Hilton Abu Dhabi for enjoying a dinner in the italian Restaurant that is called Bocca.

Once we were in the reception all the staff was friendly and smiling ( it doesn't happens in Kempinski) and it seems more familiar.

The italian restaurant is located at the first floor and the food is really excellent especially pasta ( my two daughters had pasta with tomato) and me and my husband had caprese and pizza.

Romantic and soft atmosphere. Staff very friendly and elegant in the service.

We want to thank Giammarco De Luca because of he was very attention to our needs and he is very good in"managing" childs especially ours who are not easy to stay quiet.

Hope we come back there fro tasting other italian dishes.

• Visited January 2013
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Simply the Perfect Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is simply the best Italian restaurant in Abu Dhabi. I come back whenever I can. The service is excellent: it's responsive and timely. The food is Italian, not just because it is prepared by Italian cooks, but also because the products are imported and the chef makes a selection of homemade pasta.

• Visited February 2013