“I didn't even get to sit there.”
Review of Ornina - CLOSED

Ornina
Cuisines: European
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Ornina Restaurant & Lounge is a concept originated in Barcelona and inspired by the philosophy of harmony between cultures. We present a creative fusion of Modern European cuisine.The stunning purposely built wooden structure offers a 360 degrees open views of the marina and the sea, with a variety of mood options that include a relaxed lounge atmosphere, or a chilled experience with mesmerizing terrace views enhanced by amber torch flames.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I read the reviews here and there about the horrible service. I didn't think my reservation 2 days prior to coming would be totally ignored having me drive all the way there (about 30 mins) and not find the table. It is not an easy place to find with the lack of signs on the road so reaching and not finding a pre-reserved table was a huge deal. Avoid this place if you have big plans and go for a place that would take your reservation seriously.

OrninaLounge, Public Relations Manager at Ornina, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We are sorry to learn that your reservation experience did not live up to your expectations this time. We do appreciate your feedback and have shared your comments with the relevant departments.

Kindest regards,

Caroline Jonsson, PR Manager.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We went to Ornina to celebrate our anniversary with a perception that the menu must be rich with food for our hungry stomach but we only found (bar-food). Anyway, the shisha and its servicing is really good, waitresses were decent and happy to serve with a smile, the view over the sea is fascinating and people there are mid-to-high profile. If you have been to 360 in Dubai and you liked it, you'd love this place.

OrninaLounge, Public Relations Manager at Ornina, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and thank you for your kind words. I hope to get the opportunity welcoming you back to Ornina in the near future.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We, two couples, went there for dinner. We'd made reservations and were seated promptly in the outside area. We had dinner, drinks, and shisha. The food was fine (not great, not bad either). The service was attentive, ample staff going around although it was a Thursday night. My opinion is that this is a nice place, better suited for drink and shisha than food. It was a bit pricy, but that's understandable given the prime location. We left at 1 am and the place was still open. I recommend for the restaurant to review its menu and include more variety.

Make sure to make reservations especially if you wish to sit outside..

OrninaLounge, Public Relations Manager at Ornina, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am pleased to hear that you appreciated our location our drinks and our Shisha. I hope I get the opportunity welcoming you back to Ornina in the near future.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I've heard the service can be spotty from some people, but i've always had a good experience here. I've come for dinner with a friend, drinks with another friend, & afternoon tea with my co-workers.

The food drinks, & service have been great every time I've been there. The views are amazing. I love to relax and look out at the water. If you plan on going on a weekend night, definitely make reservations. I personally enjoy a nice afternoon or early dinner here myself.

OrninaLounge, Public Relations Manager at Ornina, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Ornina. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time and I hope to get the opportunity welcoming back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The first time we went we were told that in order to get an outdoors table we had to book in advance.
We did so, my wife booked a week in advance and asked for a table on the outside terrace.
Showing up on the day, we were gingerly told the table was ready and waiting for us inside.
Too hungry to give it up, we accepted. Consequently we were shown to our table for two, which was snugly squeezed between a wall and a very busy passage way between the reception the kitchen and the toilet. I asked if we could move to one of the many free tables with sea view. No, because they are all booked.
People smoked like a chimney all around us (not shisha, but cigarettes). Club music blasting away, in total contrast to the quiet and relaxed atmosphere outside. A few mike screeches, not deliberate ones, nearly shattered our ear drums at times.
Soon enough minuscule portions of tapas arrived without much fuss, nevertheless food was delicious I will gladly admit.
Our second round of orders was entirely disregarded, so we had to call it quits after braving the stuffy heat and mums pushing baby prams to the toilet, right beside our elbows for approx 30 more minutes of waiting.
Once outside, stepping back further away from the restaurant, we could see dozens of empty tables on the outdoor terrace upstairs, awaiting for their high profile guests.
Overall highly disappointing, but also very useful to learn to stay away from it in the future.
At least until we'll be important enough to receive a decent table.

2  Thank WexTex
OrninaLounge, Public Relations Manager at Ornina, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I regret to hear that during your recent visit at Ornina we failed to deliver as expected by you. If you like to discuss the matter further please don't hesitate to email me at c.jonsson@orninalounge.com.

Best Wishes,