“Interesting and well-executed menu”
Review of 18 Degrees

18 Degrees
Ranked #105 of 2,111 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi is one of the leading hotels in Abu Dhabi and is located in the iconic Capital Gate building, a Guinness World Records-certified structure which inclines a record-breaking 18 degrees. Capital Gate, also known as the "Leaning Tower of Abu Dhabi," is the focal point of the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre's master development, the largest conference and exhibition venue in the Middle East. Amongst the 5 star hotels in Abu Dhabi, Hyatt Capital Gate presents 189 modern hotel rooms and suites occupying the18th to 33rd floors of the Capital Gate building. The hotel's contemporary design and luxurious styling is complemented throughout with panoramic views from floor-to-ceiling windows. Guests of the hotel enjoy a welcome variety of dining experiences to choose from during their stay, from sweet and savory pastries at Profiterole to delicate Eastern Mediterranean flavours at the hotel's signature award-winning restaurant, 18˚. For informal social and business gatherings, the Pool Bar and Prive are favorites, and the residentially styled Lounge offers an intimate setting for afternoon tea or evening aperos. Within the hotel, four exclusive state-of-the-art salons (boardrooms) are available for meetings and Prive can also transform into a breakout venue for private functions. Abu Dhabi's only spa-in-the-sky experience, Rayana Spa is perched on the 19th floor overlooking the city. The elevated oasis complements the hotel's other wellness amenities which include a fitness centre, suspended outdoor pool and whirlpool. Hyatt Capital Gate, hotel Abu Dhabi is strategically located within walking distance of the UAE capital's embassy and government district. It is less than a ten-minute drive from the UAE Armed Forces General Headquarters (GHQ) and the twofour54 Abu Dhabi Media Zone. A convenient choice of airport hotel in Abu Dhabi, the Capital Gate hotel is just a 15-minute limousine or taxi ride away from the international airport.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I really like the idea of featuring the cuisine of several Eastern Mediterranean countries (Italy, Greece, Turkey, Syria etc) on one menu. The only problem is that listing three first and three main courses from each country makes for a long menu. We ordered a main course and the waitress had to return to tell us it was "off" and the same happened with the dessert - though the problem was charmingly resolved by the waitress offering another dessert free.
Having said that, the cuisine is excellent, the service professional and friendly and the tables are comfortable and not squashed together. We went at night so the view was largely of car headlights down below.
I would normally avoid restaurants on high floors promising spectacular views because they tend to be over-priced and distinctly unspectacular when it comes to the cooking. 18 degrees is an exception because it need not be too expensive (depending on what you order) and the food and service are top class.
Definitely one of my favourites in Abu Dhabi.

There are newer reviews for 18 Degrees

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great. Eating experience see Abu Dhabi at night, this is what memories are made from, great menu excellent service.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Breakfast here is fantastic. Service is professional, efficient and friendly. Everything is cooked to order and delicious. Also had the Iftar buffet and what a spread of food. So many choices. I liked that the chef and others were around to explain what the dishes were. Special requests were handled with no problem at all. Everything was really good and I am sure I ate too much at each meal! The view of the city and of the hotel structure makes for interesting scenery. I would definitely recommend eating here even if you aren't staying at the hotel. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

And what a view it is! This building and its design boggles the mind. From the arrival to the sky reception on Level 18, the staff are very helpful and friendly. After a tour of the hotel and three guest rooms, I settled in at 18 degrees restaurant for a late afternoon tea and extras. The service was spectacular and the offerings very special, especially the home made cherry ice cream! The completely open kitchen concept allows the guest to witness all expects of having the meal prepared to perfection. Most spectacular though was the terrace and the view of the sunset, a perfect location to unwind and start the early evening. A true 'Room with a View! Well done chef Nicolas and crew!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Been wanting to get inside this intriging building ever since I first saw it last year.
Every single staff member attentive....from the smiling chap opening our taxi door, to the bar attendant who bashfully smiled as I took his photo pouring my drink!
We arrived early, and as iftar was still being served, we were offered comfortable seats and a drink.
Our very attentive waitress finally took us to our table, which had amazing views over the city and nearby waterway. The structure of the building kept my husband occupied all evening....studying the cleverly designed pillars and posts that enabled the restaurant to 'lean' out over the building at, funnily enough, 18·!
I always enjoy being able to see my food being cooked(!) and was everything we hoped it would be.....beautifully flavoursome, wonderfully presented and surprising filling - even my husband did not want dessert!
We found the restaurant, and the 'Prive' bar, quite empty, but put this down to being ramadan?......I don't know, but it suited us and we will definately try to return in daylight hours so we can enjoy the views even more.
Thank you allfor a delightful evening