“OUTSTANDING BEACH CLUB”
Review of Hilton Abu Dhabi

Hilton Abu Dhabi
Ranked #44 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We enjoyed a week stay end of april, 2 adults one teen. We were in an executive double room, beach view.
We were celebrating an anniversary and mentioned it when booked and must say that the exec. manager and staff were outstanding and altho' a chain hotel, so nice to have them give you direct attention. A rare trait and compliments to mr. Thierion and all as we were directed to our room with a suprise for our festa and complete explanations of the facilities.
ROOMS -
Yes, the reviews are all correct. They are very small compared to any Hilton standards in the world. They are dated and in a double room the beds are indeed two TWIN beds, something which I thought didn't exist anymore. BUT once in and unpacked you work with it and it was fine, no probs, just small and no balcony beachside as no balconies or terraces in the whole hotel as was built as such.
Since we booked executive room, we had access to the exec lounge which is always nice and very attentive staff always smiling and ready to help with any requests. As said, only inside seating. Enjoyed special surprise that they offered lunch snack which most exec lounges don't include. Happy hour delightful and relaxing and thank goodness quiet guests. Sorry but a lot of people do work when in the lounge and loud guests just do upset the setting sometimes (not at this stay but at other hilton lounges).

HOTEL
hotel and grounds lovely and clean, staff always smiling and attentive. Only quip: one of our party smokes and since only outside smoking which is fine it would be nice to offer some benches in the smoking area so don't have to always stand or lean against the wall.
RESTAURANTS
We only at the the outdoor restaurant at the beach in the evening. Excellent meal, we ate outside as nice evening and food great. Bill around 150 euro for 3 with 2 glasses of wine.
BEACH CLUB
This is the GEM of the hilton hotel. We people say beach club you think beach and pool. This is a little slice of paradise. It staffed for guests and locals, it has a whole side dedicated to families with pool, play area and bar and then in center the whole beach area with EXCELLENT lounge chairs and umbrellas and then on other side ADULT POOL AND AREA, that is great planning. there are snack shops, bars and excellent high-level restaurant. The spa and gym are superb, I mean excellent and my teen enjoyed daily classes and gym facilities which are high level with trainers present. It was the beach club that made the trip as was way above all expectations. The water was fine, yes some rocks so be careful, and nice to have the platform in water to swim to to get some exercise and bliss. Water is very salty and we just floated as had 40 degree days.
Conclusion
It you are looking for a beach trip, this is the hotel. We enjoyed each day and close to the main sites and short trips to others by taxi. Mall is directly in front of hotel, 5 min. taxi ride or 15 min. walk. Emirate Palace to the right and great view at nite. If you go, do enjoy and a big thank you to Manager and staff as we had had a bad experience at Dubai Hitlton and this completely made up for it. Will definately return.

Room Tip: if you can afford go exec club level
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sashacinus
AUHHIDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear sashacinus

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your enjoyable leisure time with us. We are delighted to know that we were able to contribute to make your special day memorable. We are grateful for your detailed review about our facilities, Hiltonia Beach Club, and location.

We are committed to provide the highest level of service to all our guests and it has been our pleasure to serve you. We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton Abu Dhabi and we look forward to welcome you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Abu Dhabi

Reviewed June 18, 2014

You will have the beach, the gym and spa, a variety of restaurants, the famous Hemingway's pub, the Jazz Bar, the proximity of shopping and the cinemas of the Marina Mall and the leisure walk on Abu Dhabi corniche.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear JIHADMAKHOUL

Thank you for choosing to spend a weekend with us, we are pleased to learn that your overall experience was to your satisfaction. We appreciate you providing information about our facilities and location. It has been our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcome you again during your future travel to Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

First of all, I want to say that I like Hilton, I have been a customer for more than 5 years now. I had stayed in this hotel before and all went fine, but yesterday it was not the same ... Sometimes all things go wrong ... no huge issues but a

That being said, I booked a room for one night in Abu Dhabi yesterday, at the Corniche hotel. I had booked online, but at the checkin, I was upgraded to a superior room. I think this is where the problems started....

The first room we were offered had a very strong Ammonia smell. Probably the staff who cleaned the bathroom before used it far too much. Honestly we could not stay in that room. So we changed. Back to the checkin counter and we changed to another room
At the checkin, I asked about the wifi. The employee told me: well, you will have a login page, with wifi at 80 AED for 1 day, but just click on the box and buy 1 day for 80 AED, it is complementary you won't be charged. OK!
The 2nd room was at the extreme wing of the hotel. So I could sense some wifi problems ;) and yes, we had wifi problems... Our devices had problems to connect ... My iPad could not connect, so I called the Hotel desk ... I was transferred to the NTT Docomo support ... totally useless and I was wasting my time ... in the end my iPad could connect (suddenly the login page appeared, I dont know why), the web surfing was super slow but I could use it. My wife connected her iphone but could not read her emails, I guess this was due to the internet slowness.
We went to dinner at the italian restaurant Bocca. Pretty much overpriced but this is another story. Food was good though.
Back in the room, my wife needed to check her emails, so she opened her Mac... bad idea ... she could never login. I called the desk another time ... and was transferred to the NTT Docomo help desk again. After 5/10 minutes of totally useless talk, I gave up. The last sentence the NTT Docomo told me was "can you tell me the Mac address of your iPhone's wifi?" I have been in high tech for more than 20 years, so YES, I know how to find it, but seriously, do you think any normal customer would understand that nerd jargon??? I am in a hotel to rest and enjoy, not to deal with crazy IT help desk stuff .... Seriously guys.... So I called he hotel desk again and told the lady to actually do something ... In the end she called me back, told me I was allowed to 2 devices max (something nobody told me, and we did not even had this kind of message on the wifi login page...) and in the end she could not do anything or we had to pay 80 AED extra. So NO, thanx!! In the end, my wife used her 4G connection and checked her emails. So I am asking you guys: why Wi-Fi if people use 4G in the end? and my advice for business travellers : if you pick up the Hilton Abu Dhabi and you plan to use the wifi extensively for work, do think twice!
So today we woke up, and we ordered 2 breakfast in the room. I have to tell you that I had already bought these 2 bkfst the night before at the rate of 75 AED each. And when our breakfast were delivered in the room, the guy gave me a nice bill of ... 250 AED for 2 Continental bkfst. Of course I did not pay. The room service called me later on and told me all was OK. Of course all was OK ... but when the customer has the feeling he has to manage all the hotel teams, this is not ok. Not my job!
Check out time.... I checked the bill, and OF COURSE, Hilton had charged me the 80 AED for the WIFi, which was supposed to be complementary as I was being told when I had been upgraded the night before. The employe corrected the mistake and I paid what I had to pay.
Then I took my car. The windshield was totally wasted! super dirty. I told the staff "what the hell happened guys??" and one of the your staff told me "I dont know sir, maybe you did hat I dont know". So let me give you one advice: dont tell customers that it is their mistake ... Most of the times it is not true, and customers dont like it. In that case, my car was Ok when I gave it and when I took it back the windshield was super dirty. And I dont like it when staff strongly suggests that it may have been my mistake....

So this was my stay! Nobody died, I would not call it the worse stay of my life, but I think that the ratio of mistakes vs time spent is quite high!

Room Tip: if you want good wifi, do not go to to the far wing rooms ;) or you will go nuts! poor reception...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank laurent t

Dear Mr. Laurent t

I sincerely appreciate that you gave me the opportunity to discuss with you over the phone regarding your feedback. Again I would like to extend my apologies and would be grateful if you will give us another chance to welcome you back in the hotel to show you we are able to perform on a higher level. As discussed you could contact me directly on my email gregory.thierion@hilton.com for any future reservations you might have.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Hilton Abu Dhabi might have been a 5 star hotel in 1960's but not today. I just checked in a while ago on June 16, 2014 at around 11 pm. Rooms are outdated, service is awful. Employees seems to be totally disengaged right from the entrance.

At the check in, I was told being a Hilton Honors premium customer my room is upgraded to an executive room. But it appears to be a very standard room which wasn't even clean, the left over of the previous guest were still around. There was a half can of beer which was left on the table, this was very offensive to me being a Muslim.

The most shocking part especially in this part of the world was that there are no arrow signs showing the sign of a Qibla on the ceiling. Assisting Muslim travelers to position their prayer towards Mecca !!

I don't think I would ever want to return to this property. Especially when there are far better properties in the vicinity at the same or better price. Absolute shame and disappointment.

Interestingly No fruit basket, no welcome drink, no chocolates.

Room Tip: Please try to get yourself a room in Jumeirah Hotels.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank iimz
AUHHIDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear jimz

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. I truly appreciate your feedback and I am disappointed to know about your negative experience. Please accept my sincere apology and rest assured that your comment has been discussed with the Head of Department and necessary action took place to avoid re-occurrence.

We are indeed one of the first five star hotels in Abu Dhabi however we continue to strive for refurbishment and update. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we are in the process of refurbishing our guestrooms. I hope that we will have another chance to welcome you again in the hotel to show that we could deliver a higher level of service. In order to serve you best I would appreciate if you could contact me directly on my email gregory.thierion@hilton.com for any future reservations you might have.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

This hotel is so far amazing.Service was excellent. The breakfast there is great as well ,The pool & beach area were amazing.All the staff of the hotel is very nice and friendly. I would like to say big big thank you to Abdullaha in the reception ,and Babu in House keeping, I wish if I can back again to Hilton Abu Dhabi and I'll recommend this hotel for the others. to enjoy.

Room Tip: Hilton Abu Dhabi is the great hotel in abu Dhabi ,
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AUHHIDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear BesharaAbdelMalak

We are grateful for your review thank you for staying with us and for your five star rating.

It is a delight to know that your overall experience of the hotel was amazing. Thank you for complimenting the facilities of Hiltonia Beach Club, breakfast menu, and services rendered by our team members. Abdullah and Babu are pleased to hear your kind words which inspire them to continue delivering personalized service to all our guests.

Lastly, we thank you for your personal recommendation and we would like you to know that it has been our pleasure to serve you. We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Don't let looks deceive you. The facade of this older hotel gives a very false impression. It looks run down. It is not. WE LOVE the Hilton Abu Dhabi, one of the friendliest hotels in the world! We have stayed at this location on 3 separate trips with our family and my husband has enjoyed stays on two additional business trips. The service is not a fluke. It is superb 100% of the time. The staff quickly know you and your party and greet you warmly each day with a smile. A friendly hand is happy and willing to help you at a moment's notice. We ate breakfast each morning in La Terrazza each morning with our large party of 7-8 and were quickly served and helped with our every need. They even welcome children with open arms. Our DVD player wasn't working in our room and it was quickly switched out within 15 minutes. Our room attendant was so nice and friendly offering extra waters and towels or anything else that he had on his cart. He seemed genuinely happy to see us each day and made sure to make us feel welcome.

The beach club is fantastic. The pool areas are pristine and kept at a nice temperature. The kids LOVE the water slides and the beach is also nice and clean. Towels and chairs are readily available.

The executive lounge is one of the top in the Middle East. They seem to serve food and snacks from breakfast through happy hour. There is plenty of variety and children are also allowed to come into the lounge.

The price point also is great if you can catch their prepaid option a few weeks ahead of time. You sure get a lot for your money at 435AED especially if you have gold or diamond status.

We highly recommend that you stay at the Hilton Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a sea view facing the beach club, Emirates palace and the Marina Mall.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Hoagy74

Dear Hoagy74

We are extremely happy to read your feedback! Thank you for making us your preferred hotel in Abu Dhabi and it is our honour to welcome returning guests like yourself. Thank you for highlighting the services provided by our team members which inspire us to strive to deliver our brand promise – that is to ensure that every guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.

Thank you for your personal recommendation and we are already anticipating your next visit!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Great location to rest and get away from life. Hotel is looking dated now, especially the rooms and lounges, however beach club is fantastic and the staff were amazing, especially in the exec lounge at happy hour. Compared with some of the new modern hotels in the area this may disapoint but overall it was a relaxing few days and the access directly into the gulf and the beach was worth it all

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Calum M

Thank you for staying with Hilton Abu Dhabi and for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with our location which is indeed convenient to major points of interest such as Emirates Palace and Marina Mall. Thank you for complementing the facilities of Hiltonia Beach Club and the services provided by our team members at the Executive lounge. Your positive feedback has been shared with them and they are happy to know that their effort is appreciated.

It has been our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcome you again should your future travel brings you back to the capital.