Hilton Abu Dhabi
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers(Abu Dhabi)
Emirates Palace(Abu Dhabi)
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Pool
Oryx Hotel(Abu Dhabi)
3,346 results
All reviewsbeach clubthe executive loungejazz barmarina mallroyal orchidla terrazzacorniche roadbeach facilitieshealth clubbit datedsea viewguest relationsan upgradehalf boardlate checketihad towersspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I was staying at this Hotel from Mar 1, 2012 for 4 nights (during Abu Dhabi Int. Triathlon). Thus the Hotel was very busy.

Pro's:
- Hotel is clean and close to many facilities and very central
- Food variaty is great

Con's:
- The building is kept in its style when it was built in the 70's. Also all furnitures/room equipment/carpet are old and urgently need a renovation
- My room was on the 2nd floor towards the side and very small (double room - 2 beds). I constantly heard the street noise / or the event (music) taking place outside and I could not sleep without ear plugs.
- The shower did not provide sufficient water pressure for a nice shower
- Internet (wireless and wire) is not included in the basic package...which is to me a no-go for a hotel in this class
- When I was complaining about the internet or the noise i did not get the impression that the staff took my complaint serious but rather fed me with excuses
- For dinner, normal tap/mineral water was not included in the dinner for guests. Again, in this class this is a no-go for me.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Abu Dhabi and for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I hope you enjoyed the sportive event and are satisfied with your end time.

Indeed our location is excellent as we are on the Corniche and a short walk from Marina Mall, the biggest in Abu Dhabi as well as convenience stores etc.

I am glad that you enjoyed the food whilst staying with us. With 14 different Food & Beverage outlets, we always strive to be the market leader in the city. Specially for the Triathlon weekend we had very special arrangements in order to meet all competitors needs.

I’m sorry to read about the “Con’s” in your review and extend my apologies for any inconvenience caused to you. I have discussed your concerns with our team and most of these issues have been rectified.

I would also like to mention to you that we are soon to begin a scheduled refurbishment of an entire wing of the hotel, with the refurbishment of the other wing and public areas having ended only recently.

I sincerely hope that you will return to stay once more at the Hilton Abu Dhabi, should you visit Abu Dhabi again or maybe see each other next year at the starting line of the Triathlon.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Great Value hotel, at the top end of Abu Dhabi so convinient for the bigger malls. Requested a Car park view, as whilst this seems odd, it means your not looking out across the main road which can get a bit Race track like at night sometimes.
Beach club very nice, it was very windy the day we were there, and so it was very quiet.
The one gripe we did have was the resturant, Bice, which didnt seem that keen to have our money, as they were very keen to rush us through dinner and asked as we were part way through our main course what we wanted for desert as they wanted to close the kitchen. Given the price of food here, this wasnt what we expected at all.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of Sales at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your impressions of the Hilton Abu Dhabi on Trip Advisor.

Please accept my apologies for the impression that you got while visiting BiCE, however, let me assure you that we treat all our guests with care and it is important to us that they enjoy their meals without the feeling of being rushed.

I hope to welcome you to the Hilton Abu Dhabi once again.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Abu Dhabi with my family during the weekend of the Abu Dhabi International Triathlon, when the hotel was extremely busy. Despite the crowds, we didn't have any issues with service and to the contrary, found the service on par with the best hotels we've stayed at in the Middle East. The rooms are a slight step down in quality from a place like the Four Seasons, but the Hilton is around half the price of places like that and still quite comfortable. We had breakfast at the buffet restaurant, which was consistent with what you'd expect, and the service in the restaurant was good. The gym is superb, and the pool/beach area is also nice. If we make it back to Abu Dhabi, this is definitely where we'll stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

Given the close proximity of our hotel to the starting point of the Abu Dhabi Triathlon, we have the honour and privilege of hosting many of the participants and their families.

Indeed, it was and extremely busy weekend for us, but I am very glad that you did not find any of our services lacking. Here at the Hilton Abu Dhabi we pride ourselves on our ability to work with grace under pressure!!

It gives me great pleasure to read that you will stay with us again, should your travels bring you back to Abu Dhabi and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

We stayed here in January during the Volvo Ocean Race stopover. We never saw any indication of other reviewers comments re. the "tired" condition of the hotel. Our room was delightful with a very nice view of the new marina, right across the street from a lovely, quiet beach, excellent restaurants, an incredibly delightful and helpful staff. Abu Dhabi is filled with enormous, expensive, glitzy hotels. If you want to be away from all of that hoopla, I cannot recommend this hotel more highly. As others have mentioned, a great gym across the street but also easy access to the beginning of the Corniche which runs approximately 6k to the end; a perfect morning walk before the heat of the day arrives.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for posting your review of the Hilton Abu Dhabi on Trip Advisor.
We are the first hotel to be constructed in Abu Dhabi and while we are extremely proud of this fact, we are constantly striving to keep up with industry standards today.

Only recently we have completed a refurbishment of an entire wing of the hotel and all the public areas. Soon we will begin the refurbishment of the adjoining wing of the hotel. Keeping our guests comfort the utmost priority, this refurbishment will be done on a floor by floor basis so as to keep any inconvenience caused to our guests to a minimum.

Thank you very much indeed for your comments about our friendly and helpful staff as well as your high recommendation of our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Abu Dhabi sometime soon.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

My sister and my family stayed here last week. One room on the Executive Floor, one regular room. Both rooms were nice, typical Hilton rooms. The hotel itself is very large with numerous restaurants and bars. A bit of a delay getting checked in as neither room was ready on check-in and we had to wait 2 hours. Just left our bags and walked over the Beach Club and enjoyed ourselves there while waiting. The delay could've been very annoying if we had just gotten in after a long flight but we had actuallly just driven over from Dubai so no big deal and I didn't make a fuss. Both rooms had nice views across the busy street to the sea. Would definitely recommend paying a bit more for the Executive Floor--the snacks and drinks make it worth it. The hotel also has a free shuttle to the Sheikh Zayad Mosque in the morning and to the nearby shopping mall and souks in the afternoon. The Mosque is incredibly beautiful and a definite must see!!

Room Tip: Executive floor is worth it!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KW625
HiltonAbuDhabiDO, Director of operations at Hilton Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip Advisor.

I am glad that you had a pleasant stay on our Executive Floor and enjoyed the food and beverage offerings in the executive lounge.

Besides the grand and wonderful Sheik Zayed Mosque, Abu Dhabi has many more places to visit, and we do hope that you return to stay with us , should you decide to visit this beautiful city again.