“Nice hotel for business”

Grand Continental Flamingo Hotel
Ranked #83 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Nice hotel for business”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel for a duration of over three weeks over the last few years.
The rooms are clean with lots of modern amenities involved.
I wouldn't class it's location as bad but not good either. You'll definitely need taxis to get around.
Breakfast is ok, although I wouldn't eat at the restaurant for lunch or dinner when there are so many better options in the city.

1 Thank Alkis_H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
MUMBAI
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed there for 5 nights on my business trip and found the place good, not so great but not bad at all. Breaffast was nice in a small cozy restauranton 1st floor.

Hotel is neat and tidy. It was all vacant but while booking we booked it they charged 20% extra amount siting some conference in Abu Dhabi and non availability.

Recommend this place .. Enjoy travelling!!!

Room Tip: Good place at Hamdan with lot of fooding options around.
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed April 10, 2012

It was in 2008 i guess. My company booked my accommodation in Flamingo Hotel Apartments in Al Fala Road. With the confusion in name with this hotel i reached to this hotel around 2 am in after midnight to get the surprise that it is not the hotel which i was looking for. However the staff was so courteous and generous to give me a suit room for that night to rest and to proceed the next day to the designated apartment hotel of my booking. This hotel is awesome. Huge rooms, max to the comfort... I loved everything abt it

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Rajeevkr
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I was concerned about the other reviews on this site, but booked anyway considering the low price and location. Very pleasantly surprised overall. I could care less how big the lobby is, if it saves me money, I'd rather it be small. The primary concern is the room - is it clean, comfortable and do I feel safe here? YES to all three. The bathroom was all in marble tile, and very clean. The bed was really comfortable and the room was large. The staff was very nice; when I needed a western power plug adapter they immediately sent one to my room. The only complaint I had was that the water temperature for my shower wasn't as hot as I would prefer, but no big deal.

The location of the hotel is decent - about 1-2 blocks from Corniche Road, an excellent stretch for a morning or evening jog along the water. You are about 8km from the western end of the Corniche (the Heritage Villa, the Marine Mall, sports complex) and can get there either by the lovely walk, by taking a 1AED bus ride, or via taxi. There are a number of good restaurants in the area, and I found a number of great Lebanese food restaurants there. I would definitely stay here again, considering the value for the room. I did have a fridge/minibar in my room as well. The hotel hosts 2 restaurants and a spa as well; I didn't eat at the restaurants because I didn't come to UAE to eat Italian food. The spa was out of my budget - with prices equivalent to something in the US.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank kelly b
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 27, 2012

It was on 9th March when we had our post Valentines Party with 120 organized attendees from different part of the emirates. A family of people who happen to group for a common cause of unit.

We booked the ballroom from 6pm until midnight for dinner buffet and a programmed party.
The venue has an ample space for 120 pax complete with stage and round tables complimented with the sound system and visual projectors.
The whole venue is well carpeted and the adjacent room is serving the buffet convenient enough for the party attendees.
Staffs were very well briefs and efficient. Though the food were tasted average on superb servings.

Located at the 2nd level of the building the two elevators are not conducive for massive attendees.

However the location of the hotel itself is in the middle of the city where they positioned away from the hassle streets of main road Hamdan. The parking is just across the building and entourage foyer is just so private that I personally loved.

I never thought Abu Dhabi has this settings which is really a value for money. I would definitely recommend this place once again compare to the previous venue we has used on some of our events considering the number of attendees and the packages it offers.

Room Tip: Make sure to know the nearby landmarks and exact location map of the hotel as it is not facing in th...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank OnlyChatru
Wolverhampton
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The staff here were friendly as are most staff in the UAE. I did not want to take my frustrations out on the mild mannered staff, but I made my complaints as soon as I arrived. However, perhaps this tact did not work, being softly spoken to make a complaint does not get you anywhere. I made the complaint about the room upon arrival about the mould in my room and nothing happened.

To begin, the lobby is small and tatty. Whatever the case might have been in the past with the hotel in terms of looks, it has now faded away. The stair case is a remnant of what it once was.

The hallways are dark and dingy, the carpet looks dirty and stained.

The bedroom is big, but the windows have not been cleaned in sometime, neither have the curtains been washed. The carpet was clean enough to walk on bare foot in the bed room. The furniture was old, knocked and chipped.

However, the bathroom was something else. There was a small shower head with lime scale, rusty nails in the wall. The sealant, I could have done a better job and I am not a plumber, it was cracking and peeling. There was mould in the bathroom too.

I have stayed in various places from hostels, to premier inns, to five star, so I know what to expect for my money. In fact, many hostels and premiers inns offer cleanliness that far surpasses that offered by the Grand continental. I thought perhaps my expectations of hotels in the UAE was wrong, but I checked out the Mercure across the road. It was cleaner, brighter with more facilities at £10 cheaper a night. I might have thought there was some value to the hotel at half the £96 I paid, but I still would have been rather shocked at the condition of the bathroom. There are also five star hotels available for the fee charged by this hotel. I am still rather surprised given that I went twice to the desk to point out my complaint that nothing happened. This hotel is in severe need of refurbishment.

I booked this room with Quick rooms. Quick rooms provide three numbers to call if you have a problem, I believe the 24 hour hotline is not directly linked with them. I called that number with Skype on the Sunday night to complain and ask for a change of hotel. That number could not be reached, therefore I called first thing on Monday morning at 9pm.

Quick rooms have a policy that cancelling hotels, you are charged two nights stay. I booked another hotel via the same booking system to prove I was not simply changing my mind, but that the hotel simply was so terrible. They do not take into account situations where the hotel is not to standard that a second night should not be paid for. I had no other way to make my complaint until 9am GMT. I am going to contest Quick rooms charges with my credit card company. I will also point out that their hotel search facility is faulty, because the Grand Continental continues to come in the 4 star search and then you find it is 3 star once you get to the page. Avoid this hotel if you book with them, it represents the lowest quality for money. I should know as I checked out other hotels which were cheaper in the same area. Plus five stars which were of a similar price with good locations. E.g not Yas Island.

Room Tip: Get a room without mould and shout about it too. Don't book without a cancellation policy
3 Thank sarah f

Travelers are raving about these Abu Dhabi hotels

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I come back in Grand Continental Flamingo after almost 8 months; same quick check-in, nice personnel, similar room as previous time. Was pleasant to see that the staff still remembers my last time visit. As news I noticed that the hotel has goth wi-fi and lan connections to internet (as far as I know last time was only lan). As was paid by company, I don't know if is for free or against payment.
Was offered a welcome drink and also a complementary basket with apples and orange.
Overall, the services and the climate is the same as last time, maybe better as I started to get used with this location (just only this time no more English newspapers were provided in the morning)
What is important: I noticed that next year should be opened a new hotel in the Grand Continental network. This one will have more facilities and hopefully, being more than 3 star hotel (as the existing one), will have in menu and alcoholic beverages.
If you are in business trip and looking for a good-location hotel, where not to spend to much time inside, this is a perfect one.

1 Thank gabpop