“very good hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #54 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“very good hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My company booked for me to stay in this hotel for 10 days and I had to extend 3 more days so I chooseed this same hotel. The location of this hotel is great and it is in the middle of every location any guest may need. I stayed in this hotel on business visit but I also recommend it for family vacations. The staff are friendly and you are welcome in all times by them with a beautiful smile. Room service and facilities are adequate. The swimming pool is some how small but it is good and clean with the Jacozi and Jim. Food is also nice. I highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: I stayed in the 18th floor which I found adequate enough. no noise unless the window is open
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nabil M
AlMahaArjaan, General Manager at Al Maha Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Nabil,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It was truly our pleasure to be of service to you and we are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us.

The positive comments regarding our team and facilities were motivating and inspiring and will definitely be shared with our colleagues.

We look forward to welcome you again on your next visit in Al Maha Arjaan, Abu Dhabi!

Sherif Madkour

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Taking a six-month contract to work in Abu Dhabi for the first time ever I was a little concerned on the level of accommodation I would be able to secure. After a month (on the company's dollar) at the Park Rotana I moved to their little sister hotel offering at the Al Maha Arjaan for 5 months and have had a fantastic time.I have absolutely no complaints about the place and highly recommend the hotel to anyone who needs either short or long-term accommodation in the city.

One of the best things about the hotel is the central location where there are any number of good restaurants nearby as well as all manner of shops. There are western hotels very close for a drink if you want one and I strongly recommend the food and service at Cho Gao at the Crowne Plaza two minutes walk away.

Please note that this is a dry hotel, as are all the Arjaan's I've been told, and you can't even get alcohol with room service. Frankly, living here for such a long period I am probably lucky that there isn't a bar down stairs.

The front desk / concierge staff are always pleasant to deal with and when my partner came for a short weekend visit they went out of their way to make her feel welcome including 'girlyfying' the bathroom facilities in my room.

The quality of room service food is very good and the breakfast spread is adequate. I have to admit to not liking the beef or chicken sausages and the range of alternative bacon just make me miss the real thing even more. This of course is a regional cultural factor rather than hotel specific so not a fair reflection on the hotel.

Parking is easy, there are cabs everywhere and a good bus service as well. There are numerous supermarkets within 5 minutes walk and also a cinema (if somewhat rundown) just across the road.The KFC over the road has taken far more of my money than has been good for my weight!

All in all I am a very happy patron of this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GaryTEllis
AlMahaArjaan, General Manager at Al Maha Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Mr. Gary Ellis,

Thank you for the feedback.

As the new General Manager of Al Maha Arjaan, I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. The positive comments you mentioned about our Front Office Team and quality of room service and breakfast were duly noted and shared with our colleagues.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit. Please feel free to contact me directly should you have future inquiries or special booking requirements in the future.

Once again, thank you for sharing your valuable comments with us.

Sherif Madkour
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I chose this central Abu Dhabi hotel for a 2 night weekend stay at the beginning of November 2012. I was attending the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at the time, but booked the trip too late to find a sensibly priced room near the circuit which was about a 35 min taxi ride away.

From the moment my wife and I arrived, I knew I'd made a good choice. The staff were very welcoming and although we arrived several hours prior to the normal checkin time, they found us a room within about 30 mins, giving us just enough time to sample a late breakfast in the excellent restaurant.

Our room was a decent size, modern but perhaps not up-market enough to be descibed as luxurious. Nevertheless, it was spotlessly clean and suited our needs well. I would think that it's especially popular with business travellers during the working week and I wouldn't hesitate to book again in the future.

Room Tip: Hotel is located on a busy junction. It's probably better to book a higher floor to be away from...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jon T
AlMahaArjaan, General Manager at Al Maha Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Mr. Jon T.,

Thank you for the positive and constructive feedback. I am pleased to learn you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. Rest assured, your motivational comments will be shared with our colleagues.

Meantime, we look forward to welcome you back in Al Maha Arjaan, Abu Dhabi!

Grimsby, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have stayed here three times totalling over 5 weeks and the service has been consistantly good with the facilities well maintained and nothing is too much trouble for the team.

The rooms are spacious and the location is great with many places within quick walking distance. I would recommend for pleasure as well as business trips.

Room Tip: I have stayed in both a normal and large suite. The large provides more space along with cooking fac...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tim D
Nablus, Palestinian Territories
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Strange is this hotel, usually with a repeated visits to any hotel you get bored and have the desire for change. But in Al Maha Arjaan the situation is quite the opposite, it was yesterday when I finished my stay for two weeks at this hotel, I had a strange feeling, joy to return to my family, but there was a kind of sadness you feel when you leave your home. Yes, the hotel staff did it well ... You make us feel like we are leaving our home.
The distinctive services provided by the hotel staff, the smile and kindness that they meet every request or inquiry can not affect you as a businessman accustomed to hotels unless they are issued from the heart and without hypocrisy.
Everything in this hotel is special, even when you face small problems, or have a complaint, if any, everyone racing to find solutions and introduce help.
I will not mention names of anyone of the crew this time, so as not to forget any of them, but I would advise everyone who reads this comment to try to stay in this hotel to feel what prompted me to such a comment.
Trust my words, as a guest visited this hotel several times, if you want to not feel like you're away from your home, I recommend you to choose this address, it will be your second home.
All the appreciation and respect for all, and waiting eagerly for my next visit to you.
Sincerely
Ayman

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Ayman A
Karachi, Pakistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

What can i say.......I loved it......From the valet parking to the entrance to the front desk to the room upto the jacuzzi and pool..............LOVED Every Bit... The room service was great and the food was good too.....I had a very enthusiastic and loud two and half year old,......and you know with kids...it does get messy....and the HOUSE KEEPING were prompt given any part of day or night.
the pool was beautiful with a view to match.....my kid, my hubby and me loved spending most of our time there.
A few names SOLOMON from the Concierge, Ms Christine and Mr Micheal from the Front Desk. Mr. Sheriyar of Room Service and two lovely females of the Day Shift for House Keeping and a very well spoken Sri Lankan Guy in the Night Shift House Keeping (sorry i forgot your names but your hospitality will always be remembered)
What can i say that if and when i come to AUH ,........its going to be Arjaan Rotana for me.......

Room Tip: Rotana Al Maha Arjaan Rocks.........doesnt matter which floor or corner.....THE SERVICE IS GREAT
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Gizelle C
AlMahaArjaan, General Manager at Al Maha Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Dear Ms. Gizelle C.

We truly appreciate your feedback and we are pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us.

The positive comments you mentioned about our facilities and services were truly motivating. And special mention of SOLOMON(Concierge) and Cristine (FO Team Leader) Michael ( Front Desk Manager) Shahariar (Room Service) and 2 more colleagues from (Housekeeping) and Sanjeeva (night Sri Lankan guy on duty from Houskeeping ) were already shared with our colleagues as motivation and recognition of their customer care.

The entire team including myself wish to welcome you back again Al Maha Arjaan, Abu Dhabi!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Lonely Planet had recommended this excellent hotel .I stayed for 2 nights on two occasions breaking a flight from Sydney to London and back. Arriving in the middle of the night on my return trip I was delighted when welcoming staff acknowleged my birthday and on entering my room found a beautiful birthday cake with candle and all..and a hand-written card. It is the small things that count and this was unexpected but a delight. Thank you so much. I had different rooms each time and they were particularly spacious and luxurious. The staff were all wonderful and eager to please. I enjoyed the restaurant too...excellent meals and once again reasonable prices...and very good coffee. Highly recommend !

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AlMahaArjaan, General Manager at Al Maha Arjaan by Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear AntheaJill,

I was pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us, The positive comments you mentioned about our team was truly motivating and inspiring, rest assured it will be shared with our colleagues.

Once again thank you for the feedback and we look forward to welcome you back in Al Maha Arjaan Abu Dhabi!