“Great Place To Stay”

Ranked #51 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed here for ten days in November 2014 and have only just found the time to write a review.

Abu Dhabi itself does not offer the amenities that you will find in Dubai, but that did not detract from the holiday as we were there to sit by the pool and relax.

Now to the hotel. We stayed on a half board basis. The hotel resort has a number of restaurants, a gym and spa, a pool and swim up bar as well as a beach area. Rooms are clean and well appointed, if not a little on the small side.

Internet was fine but the TV channels were a little poor.

Food in the restaurant was really good, if not a little repetitive, but they had themed nights such as Indian and Italian and as a HB customer you could attend for a small surcharge.

Room service was brilliant especially the food.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful and made the holiday.

The pool is a little small and consequently there seems to be a lack of sun beds. The pool area is also in a position whereby the hotel building casts a shadow over the pool area until later in the morning/afternoon, but thats was ok for me. Sun worshippers may be less pleased.

At the time of the visit there was a large high rise building under construction in full view of the resort area, but if I'm honest it did not detract from our experience and there is little the hotel staff could do about it in any case.

Overall a peaceful and enjoyable stay and I would recommend staying there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Notyash2014
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we take our customer’s first hand comments very seriously and always use them to improve on our services.

I was pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay and made good use of the hotel’s leisure facilities as well as restaurant and bars.

I have shared your comments with our team and hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you again in the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to send us your comments and warm regards

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I recently stayed at this Sheraton in Abu Dhabi for four nights. Booked it since it was near a friend's home and remarkably inexpensive. Did not expect a lot. The staff were really helpful (even during Ramadan when some folks get cranky). While the architecture is dated, the entire interior seems to have been renovated recently. Food was good. Nice, big gym. Pool area looked nice....too hot for me to sit out but a bunch of people were there. A good executive lounge with plenty of snacks. Bed was so comfortable I did not want to get up!

Room Tip: I had a view of the pool and small beach. Better than the road.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

I was happy to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and found our facilities and service level to be of high quality.

We are looking forward to receiving you again in the future and I remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

This is the 2nd visit to this fabulous hotel, and yet again an exceptional experience. All the staff at the Sheraton go above and beyond to please and make you feel very welcome.It like coming home to family.
The Sheraton has recently appointed a new restaurant management and executive chef .They have clearly put there ideas into action in the restaurant ( cost cutting) I thought when we visited in November for a holiday / wedding all was perfect.Now im slightly dismayed as, in my opinion things arnt as i expected and I dont think they have improved on what was perfect before.Never the less when I voiced my concerns to the management I was listened to and looked after without question.The food is still fabulous.
We had a fantastic meal in the spanish restaurant. We were looked after by Raju and his team.Thankyou.
The pool side staff were as always attentive , polite and would go the extra mile to make sure we were pampered and looked after . Excellent service thankyou to you all.
The lifeguards do an exceptional job. They are "men with many hats" so to speak.Peace keepers at the weekend when the "wild and unaccompanied" locals run wild and act like spoilt brats.Babysitters , first aiders, watersport coaches and not forgetting kind thoughtful and happy staff. Many thanks to Rizwan and all the staff.
The hotel and grounds are impeccably clean and the housekeeping staff do excellent job.Many thanks to our room attendant.
Finally I am in the process of booking again for 10 of us for the easter holidays.I would recommend this hotel to everyone young and not so young. Its perfect.If youve read a poor review its more than likely the customer is extremely pedantic and nothing would be good enough.Many thanks to you all .We will see you at Easter.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Ms. Lynne H,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent experience with us on tripadvisor.

I was of course very pleased to read that you enjoyed your second visit to our hotel and found the welcoming offered by our associates to be of high quality.

I would certainly appreciate if you could contact me directly in regards to your comments on our Food & Beverage offering as we always try to improve on our Restaurant & Bars and I would really like to hear more details from your feedback (yves.tarabout@sheraton.com)

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write about us and we are looking forward to welcoming you once again for Easter next year.

Warm regards

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Whether it's accommodation, dining or a gym workout, this is a classic Abu Dhabi hotel.
Centrally located, it has a lovely beach and grass areas. The hotel management takes personal and exceptional care of guests. For 4 years I have received 5+ star treatment. All our business guests were booked preferentially at Sheraton Corniche and received the best possible care. Dining is always a great experience in any of their restaurants, but the expansive buffets offering a wide range of cuisine are always my favorites. Staff are all friendly and helpful.
Thank you Yves and a great team!

Room Tip: Relax and enjoy, family charm!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your kind review of our hotel posted on Trip Advisor.

Needless to say, I was very happy to read your feedback on the overall hotel facilities and restaurant and bars offering.

I was especially pleased to see that our associates, throughout the past 4 years have always looked after you and your colleagues and made you feel welcomed and taken care off.

You will always be welcomed in our hotel and I am looking forward to our next encounter.

Once again, thank you for your feedback

Warm regards

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My first experience in Abu Dhabi was also my first experience with Sheraton, and I must confess I was quite impressed by it. I have stayed for 2 weeks in Sheraton and I had the time to try almost all of the facilities, but first of all I must say that one of their strong points is the cleanses and the amiability of their staff, and the breakfast is incredible you have tons of choices. Another thing I have appreciated is that they are providing in the room every day 2 bottles of water, even if you drink it or not. The swimming pool is great, the only thing that i didn't like is that at 7:00 pm they are closing the pool bar. The beach is nice also, but at the moment two tall buildings are build in front of it and is cutting all the view. Regarding their 5 restaurants, the food is good but is double the price comparing to the restaurants in the city. Another plus is that is near the harbor, mall and city center. Overall it was a nice experience and I recommend it if you want to visit Abu Dhabi

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Robert,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and managed to use most of our facilities.

Your kind comments have already been shared with our associates who take great pride in delivering a wonderful experience to our guests.

In regards to your notes on our restaurant prices please rest assured that we are in line if not on the more conservative end of any other five stars restaurant in town and we do regular market survey’s to ensure of the same.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again and I remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need.

Once again. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and warm regards

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Avoid Room 524 on the club floor it is right under the Club Lounge and the scrapping of chairs across the wood style floor is very annoying and when complaining the response was why didn't you complain like others? Unlike other SPG hotels club levels this one has a converted 2 hotel rooms as the lounge and inadequate to serve the 3 floors of Club Rooms (open 10-8pm) so the complimentary Breakfast and Evening drinks are served in the main restaurant and bar which is fine and the service good except for the annoying having to sign for everything all the time I have never experienced this before at any if their other hotels.
There is a pool and public areas are traditional Arabic old style which is nice. The rooms are of average size with huge bathrooms and amenities abundant. The premium WI FI is useless so don't bother with it. I would not return and would avoid in the future or recommend there are better.A very below average experience.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Craig1212
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we take our customer comments very seriously and always use them to improve on our services.

I was of course well disappointed that you did not enjoy your Club Experience as we wish you would have and as most of our customers do and I would certainly appreciate if you could contact me directly (yves.tarabout@sheraton.com) to discuss it further and understand what went wrong. The lounge itself is indeed rather small yet we normally do not face issues with its size and while it is accessible 16 hours a day, we decided to offer the full breakfast buffet experience in our main restaurant to our Club guests as well as access to the “Cloud 9” bar for the evening snacks and beverages during the Happy Hour for maximum comfort levels.

The issue you have faced with the recurring signing of your bill should have been avoided and I would like to apologies for that, I have already briefed our associates to ensure this does not re-occur.

Your overall comments have been well noted and I do hope that you will entrust us with your comfort once again in the future, giving us the opportunity to prove you that your recent experience was an exception and certainly not the norm. I remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements and personally ensure of your comfort.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have been staying at the Sheraton frequently over the past two years. The fine service and customer attentiveness make it a pleasure to keep returning. Their summer rates are a steal and the service just gets better as the heat rises. I had a potentially minor problem with service at their excellent and authentic Mexican restaurant but it was spotted and resolved by the staff before I even had a chance to say something. Kudos to staff and management.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Mike M
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Mike M,

Many thanks for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to read that our associates take good care of you during each of your visits as they are the heart and soul of our hotel.

You may rest assured that your comments have already been shared with the team with a special thank you to the El Sombrero team.

Warm regards,