“Beautiful Place and Helpful Staff”

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
Ranked #49 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Westwoodside
“Beautiful Place and Helpful Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

My Family and I had a 4 night break at this hotel, and we found it very pleasant, the staff always helpful to give advice on trips and offer guidance on how to get to various places. The Breakfast Buffet is very good a very large selection to cover every palate. We had a suite room 218 which we found to be noisey from above at 12:30am to 5:30 in the morning sounded like some one on a jogging machine a constant thud thud, We raised it with the duty manager she said she would look into it but it remained every night, they did offer to move us but we believed they would sort it so said no it was ok our loss we should have moved.
There is building work behind the hotel but it did not cause any problems or noise, I found it interesting to watch the build in process.

Room Tip: Do not get Suite 218 as it appears to be below a laundrette or someone jogger on the room!.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Dean W,

Thank you for sharing the comments on your recent experience with us.

I was very pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay and found our team of associates to be welcoming and attentive to your needs.

My apologies for the noise disturbance in your room; I will certainly investigate the issue as it is not a reoccurring matter.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future and remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need in doing so.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I came for my brothers wedding and bought his son with me. The whole experience from transfer from the airport to transfer back was just excellent. Room was lovely with wonderful comfy beds. Overlooked the city but no traffic noise.

We spent very little time in our room as the swimming pool and beach just made out stay. On our last day I bought lots of toy water guns and lots of the children picked them up and had a great time; which as Matthew was alone with me really made his holiday.

Close enough to walk into a local supermarket which was very interesting.

Food at the hotel was great.

Last but not least; all the staff could not have done any more to make our stay and extremely enjoyable one and we look forward to coming back hopefully to have a longer stay next time.

Room Tip: Our room was fine but we spent very little time in it however, another guest I spoke to did recommen...
Dear Chris,

Many thanks for your kind review of our hotel.

I was very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and managed to make good use of our leisure facilities as well as of the hotel's surroundings.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again and remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

The newer 5-star hotels in Abu Dhabi have large rooms. This is an older hotel (about 30 years old - ancient by Abu Dhabi standards), and the rooms are small, but big enough. There is a separate shower and tub which is nice. Also, my room had a small balcony that gave it some extra privacy.

It is only 7 stories - dwarfed by many other hotels, but the view is still nice. The view is the pool and a sheltered portion of the bay. It looks like future developments will not change this view.

Very conveniently located right at the bend of the Corniche Road.

Staff were very helpful and friendly.

And while the hotel is old, it still shows some of the elegance of when it was built.

While it does not look like the rooms have been refreshed recently, they do not need one.

One interesting item is the fact that my room had no carpet at all. While normally that would mean cold feet in the morning, I found the cool timber parquetry flooring refreshing in the summertime. I was surprised I did not miss the carpet.

Breakfast … well … by Abu Dhabi standards they have a good buffet (not huge by Abu Dhabi standards, huge by rest of world standards) but the congee was a little too watery for my liking.

I was happy with my stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the pool. Also this hotel has smoking rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your time in the hotel and that our team of associates took good care of you during your visit.

The Chef has been made aware of your comments regarding the Congee to make sure this is looked after.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you again in the future.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Charming facility with a great pool area. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room was a great size. Breakfast was the best I have EVER seen. Unfortunate that a new building is beind constructed next door, but that is no fault of hotel

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Steve N,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I was very happy to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us and managed to make good use of our leisure facilities.

Your kind comments about our Breakfast have been well noted and shared with our team of Chefs.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future and remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need in the arrangements.

england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

keep it short and sweet,impeccably run,kid friendly,rooms,breakfast to die for,sorry martin for gatecrashing your managers party,dressed in sheraton dressing gown,austin powers medallion,we did talk about malvinas,but would have talked longer on mendoza/trappiche wines,and chimmichura..my advice to uk families is go,simple as that,you wont be disappointed,fishmarket gives you 1kg lobster,15 quid,grilled to perfection for 1 pound 70p..any advice would be happy to help,contact me,and again martin and all hotel crew,for what has to be one of the best sheratons,ever,worldwide

Room Tip: club rooms on expedia
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for your note and kind words for the team and property.

It was very nice to meet you in person and “catch up” with some old memories of your time in South America and Argentina specifically. Too many memories to cover in a short time.

I am sure you were also surprised by the incredible growth and changes Abu Dhabi and the areas surrounding our hotel have undergone since the 90’s. While not all changes have worked in our favor, we strive everyday to offer our guests a perfect stay, and in your case we achieved this. We are glad that you truly enjoyed the hospitality offered by the entire team and the culinary offerings of our many restaurants.

Hope you made it back home safely and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Martin

Martin Cramer
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

This Sheraton resort is gradually being engulfed by the rapid development of Abu Dhabi. A twin tower skyscraper under construction now blocks views of the water. A parking lot now adjoins the poolside bar. The resort is now in the middle of a city, with all the accompanying noise and construction sounds. The public spaces of the hotel are cramped, with everything looking dark and tired and in desperate need of renovation. The Club lounge was very tiny. Nonetheless, the staff is extremely kind and friendly. The breakfast buffet is out of this world. However, for the money, there are much nicer places to stay in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I was of course well disappointed that you found some of our facilities to be aging and were disturbed by the towers being developed in the vicinity of the hotel. I am happy to inform you that the two buildings are nearing completion and at this stage of development they do not represent any real noise disturbance. We do a lot of efforts in maintaining the upkeep of the hotel and while we of course do not have similar facilities as some newer hotels when it comes to aspects of modernity, regular customer feedback tells us that we are still a very nice property, offering great comfort and as you have mentioned yourself, excellent service.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you again in the future and remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need.

Once again, thank you for sharing your comments with us and warm regards,

New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Well appointed rooms with reasonable space. Rooms include tea and coffee making facilities. The staff are all extremely helpful, throughout the entire hotel. The pool area is well looked after and the private beach is great. They have free kyaks and waterchairs to use. The water and beach are very clean. Smorgasbord meal was fantastic, and you are spoilt for choices!

Room Tip: We had room 437 which was supposed to be non smoking but didn't smell like it :(
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing the feedback on your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our facilities and quality of food to be of high standards.

I was especially pleased that our associates took good care of you and made you feel welcomed throughout your visit.

I will ensure that the room in which you stayed goes through a deep cleaning to remove any traces of smoke smell.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to receive you once again in Abu Dhabi and remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally.