“very nice”

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
Ranked #56 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed March 13, 2014

this is a very good hotel pool area is very relaxing place could do with a sweep on the lower level but other than that very good staff keen to help buliding work in the area but thats progress and will be finished shortlyfood very good a bit pricey for drinks but most hotels are i find would go back again

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found both our facilities and the service levels to your liking.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you soon again

Yves Tarabout
Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,584)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

This was our second visit to the Sheraton and when we arrived I was disappointed to find two buildings being built spoiling a once beautiful view. However we couldnt fault the hotel, the choice at breakfast is enough to make anyone greedy. Reception staff were very welcoming and helpful. The room attendant was happy to supply us with extra tea and coffee, we had drank the ones in the room immediately we arrived after a long flight. Pool side staff were great, and always had a smile for everyone. The pub tavern was very noisy with lots of expats, maybe making it a little larger or giving guests a separate area would be better. This has got to be one of my favourite hotels just a shame about the view.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsCheggy
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Mrs. Cheggy,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent experience with us on tripadvisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were a returning customer.

Your comments have been well noted and shared with our team of associates.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future and I remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally should you decide to do so.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The location of this hotel was perfect for me. I love to walk and was able to walk to the Abu Dhabi Mall, the World Trade Center mall and the jewelry district. I also walked to the area of the Fish market and Al Mina district. The 8 kilometer corniche is right outside the hotel and is a really nice place to spend time walking and people watching, especially in the evening. Public buses are available within a five minute walk of the front door and taxis area always available out front.

Service....I was so impressed with the service at the Sheraton. From the greeters at the entryway, the bellmen, front desk, concierge, all had smiles and were eager to help in anyway they could. Due to my status with Sheraton I did have Club lounge access. Oli, the manager who was there most of the time I was there always went above and beyond and remembered I like sparkling water and had it ready for me as soon as I walked into the lounge. I have been to much more expensive properties and the service did not match this Sheraton.

The pool area is beautiful and the pool staff come around with chilled towels and fresh fruit. There is a beach also though it is on a lagoon. Plenty of lounges available whether by the pool, beach or on the grass.

As mentioned the breakfast buffet is extensive and international with egg dishes made to order. I also dined at the Lebanese restaurant that is located right behind the pool area. Though it is not part of the hotel you can charge your meal to your room. The food was delicious there also.

The rooms are not huge but are well appointed and the bathrooms are very spacious and mine had a separate shower.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Great value, service and location.

My only warning would be to not use the ATM machine in the lobby. It is stated as being an ATM from Union bank. It took my ATM card and did not give it back. It also debited my account even though I did not receive any cash. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool area are nice as they are quiet and no street noise is heard. Taxis are readily a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank cruisr
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post an extensive review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

Needless to say I was very happy to read of your experience and that our associates took good care of you throughout your visit. Oli is indeed a very service oriented team member and you may rest assured that I have personally thanked him for going out of his way to satisfy your needs.

I was pleased to see that you found the hotel location practical for your walks, Abu Dhabi is general is not very well adapted for pedestrian due to its street configuration but there are nonetheless good walks to be made and it seems that you have made the best out of them.

Your comments about the ATM machine have been well noted and we are reviewing the situation as we speak. I am sure that we will manage to rectify everything with the bank shortly.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of your company in the future and I remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements and personally ensure of your comfort.

Once again, thank you for taking the time o share your comments with us and warm regards

Reviewed March 7, 2014

if your on business or on a vacation tour, the hotel is located on the cornish and a few steps from city center; ideal

Excellent restaurants and great attention from the staff

It's a 5 star hotel but offers a friendly

Room Tip: Ask for sea side room
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Liptus,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I was very pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and found the hotel’s location to be very convenient.

I was also happy that you enjoyed our restaurants as our associates are passionate about their jobs and they are always very proud when they exceed our customer’s expectations.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure to receive you again in the future and remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally.

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Really good experience. I spent 6 days in this hotel, personnel and organizations are excellent makes you feeling as special guest.. breakfast has a complete selection, you can have a full meal and even more.. pools are really clean and organized, the bar service is fast and not that expensive as you can expect.. nice small beach only things that upset is the landscape the two buildings under construction and the bridge road are not exactly what you want to see. Another thing a bit annoying is the absence of a real walkable side to reach the corniche.. A great experience overall. Place is really recommended!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michele S
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Michele S,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read of your experience with us and that our team of associates took good care of you during your visit.

Your comments have been well noted and shared with the rest of the hotel’s team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future

Reviewed March 2, 2014

This Sheraton Hotel, surrounded as it is by huge towering buildings including rather over- the - top hotels, is still a warm and welcoming place. Excellent staff greet you both on arrival and during your stay making you feel special. 'Welcome back' we were told on our arrival.
We had a Club package and yes the rooms are not large but they are perfectly formed and very comfortable. Any problems are dealt with in an efficient charming way .... Our non working fridge was replaced by another and delivered to us - full of bottles! - on a
trolley by a smiling man. The staff really are excellent.
The breakfast and dinner buffets offer something for everyone , superb food very nicely laid out.
BUT our only concern is still the fact that smoke 'leaks' from the smoking area in the restaurant to us non smokers.
Sadly a vast tower is now being built that blocks out the sea completely ..... Let us hope the Sheraton does not fall into the high rise trap and that this lovely hotel stays just the same for our future visits.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay and found our associates to be very welcoming and attentive to your needs. You may rest assured that your feedback has been shared with them already.

Your comments about the restaurants are well appreciated and were reviewed in our food and beverage meeting.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you once again in the future and remain at your disposal should you decide to do so to handle all arrangements personally.

Once again, thank you for your time and warm regards

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

The room was clean and comfortable with a desk for working. However it was a bit small. It is a hotel for business trip to stay one or two nights. The personnel is gentile and the restaurant with the view on the garden is nice for the breakfast. 30 minutes from the airport.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dome1982
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Dome 1982,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our associates to be welcoming and attentive to your needs.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you again in the future.