“Nice stay - short stay”

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
Ranked #54 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Check in was a bit slow, and the receptionist looked a bit flustered. There was also a language barrier, which is something i would not expect on the front dest at the Sheraton.
I arrived late and went to the pub there, and had food brought over to me by the bar - the staff were helpful.
I was here for 2 nights including new years eve. Had a great relaxing time by the pool, there was a nice crowd of mixed people around. And i heard there was construction work going on but when arrived there was not bothered by the work going on in the distance.
Staff were very friendly and helpful, i used the spa and gym and even the hairdressers. They had laid on some outdoors new years celebrations which looked good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you for posting a review of your New Year’s Eve stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay and that you managed to celebrate New Year in a fantastic fashion.

I will review your comments about your arrival process with our Front Office associates.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us

Warm regards

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Very helpful and friendly staff. Only downside was the building of a hotel which spoilt some of our sea view. On the whole a positive hotel experience within clean, friendly and hospitable surroundings.

Room Tip: Check if the room still has a sea view and is not obstructed by the building work. Breakfast was pri...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Nazel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our facilities to your liking.

I was especially pleased to read that our associates took good care of you and I would like to remain at your disposal, should you decide to return to Abu Dhabi, to handle all arrangements personally.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Just spend 9 nights there, was wonderful. Lovely rooms, with super comfy bed, beautiful pool & beach area (with fruit kebabs & iced towels), really lovely staff & very convenient location. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Beach side rooms are really nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear Catherine,

Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback about your recent visit with us on tripadvisor.

I was very happy to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that our associates took good care of you.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly should you plan a future visit with us as I would be more than happy to handle all arrangements and personally ensure of your comfort.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Sheraton Hotel & Resort was great. Upon check-in, I did notice a few things that were more a product of the hotel's original design than anything else; relatively small lobby and club level rooms. Once settled in, I was initially frustrated with my slow internet connection, but within minutes, the hotel IT staff corrected the problem and I had no further connectivity issues.

The hotel staff was nothing short of stellar, as was their breakfast buffet, grounds, food quality and value, and location. The atmosphere and service at Cloud 9 (inside hotel) was impeccable, with attentive wait staff members that are clearly well-trained and professional. The pianist there is nothing short of spectacular, and surely shares DNA with Beethoven or Mozart...or at minimum, Elton John.

Overall, a very pleasant experience, and definitely one of Abu Dhabi's finest hotels. Their 5 Star rating is well-deserved.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul_Harris1390
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Mr. Harris,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

Your comments about our facilities have been well noted.

I was very pleased with your feedback on our associates professionalism and overall behavior, as I believe this is what really makes a difference in a customer’s experience. You may rest assured that your comments will be shared with our team.

I remain at your disposal should you plan a future visit to Abu Dhabi as I would like to personally ensure of your comfort.

Once again, thank you for your time and warm regards

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed for 5 nights at this hotel as part of a business trip to Abu Dhabi. Although the property is one of the oldest in Abu Dhabi however, it is now fully renovated. My standard room is a bit small compared to other hotels but, it has got everything in it. I just loved their office corner where I can work in the evenings. Very convenient for business. The staff are very friendly. I tried their breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets. They were all great with lots of variety. Thier gym is very well equipped. I was a bit disappointed by their tiny and crowded pool. I went down one afternoon for a swim and changed my mind immediately. Other than that, if you are on a business trip, the property has a grwat central location right at the corniche.

Room Tip: I had city view which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Customer,
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us on tripadvisor.
I was pleased to read that you had a successful stay and managed to use most of our facilities.
Your kind comments have been well noted and will be shared with our associates who take great pride in delivering a flawless experience to our customers.
Once again thank you for your review.
Warm regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Checked in on Friday 12th April on the beach at the moment. Do not let negative reviews put you off this hotel.yes there is building work nearby but the whole of Abu Dhabi is a building site.

This hotel is a jewel which is why it's our 3rd running visit.after a night flight our room was ready at 8.00am great touch .food fantastic and varied ,the beds are that good you struggle to get out of.

On the beach with a cold towel and fruit great touch everyday you simply cannot ask for better

Room Tip: Go club level
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Barbstu,
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel.
I am always very happy to read such positive review from our regular patrons and hope to have the opportunity in person and introduce myself during a future visit.

I am happy that you are enjoying our new beds, I enjoyed them so much myself that I have purchased one for my personal home use.

Please contact me when planning your next stay with us as I would like to personally ensure of your comfort.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed for 9 nights in early April 2013 with some in trepidation after being allocated this hotel via a 'Secret hotel' deal on lastminute.com. Some negative reviews worried us but I guess prepared us.

To be frank many reviews reflected our experience. It is an older hotel located at one end of the corniche and current building work on 2 sky scrapers nearby (and 1 slightly further away) does loom over the pool area, near enough for you to monitor daily progress while around the pool and is at times noisy but not excessively. Whether it truly is a 5* hotel is I think also open to some debate as its age and room appearance make it feel somewhat dated.

The staff at the hotel are however a fantastic asset and were helpful and polite, helping with wifi connectivity issues, desert safari questions etc and generally being on hand when you needed them.

We were underwhelmed by our third floor room size (small) and a little dark though slept soundly on the large and very comfortable bed. Our city view room overlooked the entrance and nearby road but was still quiet. Initially annoyed at the thought of free wii only in the lobby (come on this is 2013), once we had worked out how to connect (not quite as obvious as you might think), we found it actually worked in our room (perhaps we were just lucky) and well enough to use by the pool.

The pool area again looks dated but the cold towels and fruit that come round are nice touches on hot days! The music played however is terrible. The lobby coffee bar is hugely overpriced which is a shame and seemed underused. The buffet style restaurant on the first floor is excellent but prepare to pay handsomely for any wine. We also enjoyed the tennis courts and excellent gym - an asset to the hotel.

My pet hotel gripe of overpriced food (£20 per person breakfast anyone???) and perhaps more understandable in this country - alcohol was reinforced and as a result we found local food alternatives with some effort. A few promotions would not have gone amiss. We didn't go for a club room which many give good reviews but it just didn't seem very good value at all perhaps because we didn't want breakfast every day.

It is worth noting that Abu Dhabi is (corniche aside) designed for cars not pedestrians so using the cheap cabs once you know where you want to go is good advice at any time of day and not just to avoid the heat.

Would we come back? Maybe not for a long stay but for a short break...yes. Overall we had an enjoyable break in the sun and if you don't expect perfection you won't be disappointed. If you do try the Emirates Palace 7*!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Customer,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience in our Hotel on tripadvisor.
I was very pleased to read that you found the service provided by our staff to be of high quality and you may rest assured that I will share your kind comments with them.
I certainly agree about your comments on the comfort of our beds, they are the brand new Sheraton “Sweet Sleeper Bed” custom designed for our brand and offering the outmost comfort.
Please note that we are now offering two different options for WIFI internet throughout the hotel including of the rooms, the first option is fully complimentary with a 512 bps bandwidth and the other which is chargeable offers a 3mbts. That way our customers can check out there e-mails or preferred websites at no charges or a faster line for more comprehensive usage at a fee.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of a future visit and remain at your disposal to handle all relevant arrangements personally.
Once again thank you for review.

Warm regards,