Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
$121
$109
City Seasons Al Hamara Hotel(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
$49
$368
$204
Agoda.com
Al Raha Beach Hotel(Abu Dhabi)
$150
$90
Agoda.com
Aloft Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
$136
Travelocity
$255
$199
Agoda.com
Royal Rose Hotel(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
$72
$59
Hotwire.com
1,677 results
All reviewsflavours restaurantla mammael sombrerotavern pubcloud barclub roompool barprivate beachenglish pubsmall balconycorniche roadhealth clubkids poolnon smokingrestaurants and barssmoking roommarina mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This particular sheraton is an older, low level building within easy reach of most of the attractions. The hotel is known as the Sheraton, Corniche, but to get to the "promenade" is a 10 minute walk across some waste ground, car park and an underpass.

The hotel rooms are on the small size for a middle eastern city. The club rooms being about 25 square metres and comprising a 7 feet wide bed, two easy chairs, a desk and chair. The bathroom is nicely appointed if a funny shape ( long and narrow).

The club rooms give access to the small club lounge which serves a limited range of food from 10 am to 8 pm along with unlimited premium drinks from 6 pm to 8 pm. Considering the price of alcoholic drinks this is a valuable bonus. The lounge is lookers after by excellent and attentive staff.

There are a number of restaurants in the hotel. We tried the tapas ( excellent food and staff. Reasonably priced wine and sangria). The Italian (excellent food with more expensive wines. Service not as good but still worth a visit). The reception cafe ( good basic snacks and hit sandwiches - no alcohol). Cloud nine bar ( Good food but very expensive. Not worth it)

There a couple of other restaurants but we didn't try these.

Nice pool and artificial beach areas with comfortable beds. Pleasantly shaded grassed areas if you don't like too much sun.

The good points about the hotel...

The staff. They can only be described as excellent.
The pool and grassed areas.
The gym, very modern and large.
The hotel is a member if the Starwood group. Worth joining because members get 20% off restaurant bills.

The not so good...

Currently building two very tall building next door and there is a lot of noise during the day. Having said that the noise isn't uncomfortable and it certainly didn't other us. Don't let that put you off.

The whole of Abu Dhabi is very pedestrian unfriendly and the malls are mostly expensive designer shops. Don't try and walk anywhere other than along the corniche because the taxis are cheap. (Airport to sheraton is either 70 dhr fixed price or similar, give or take, in the metered taxis. Sheraton to grand Mosque is 35 dhr and sheraton to gold souk - don't expect a bargain- is 11 dhr)

Overall we can recommend the hotel for a week of winter sunshine.

One worthwhile tip. The sheraton offers to beat any other quote. Check other sites such as booking.com or Expedia first.

Room Tip: The club rooms are worth the extra
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Martin_Cramer, Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Lanmar,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent experience with us on tripadvisor.

I was very impressed with the detailed information that you are providing the potential readers with and I certainly appreciate the time you have taken to share your observations.

I am happy that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and managed to use most of the available facilities and restaurant and bars.

Being very familiar with the hotel myself, the comment that rejoiced me the most is the one stating that you found our team of associates “Excellent”. At the end of the day, offering a warm, attentive and professional service to our customers and is what it is all about. In a city like Abu Dhabi where the choice of quality accommodation is vast to say the list, what ends up making a difference for the travelers and is the care people put in ensuring their comfort.

I am looking forward to your future visit and remain at your disposal to handle all arrangements personally and ensure of your comfort.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and thank you for your loyalty to Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Warm regards

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We upgraded to club level for about £30 per person per night. So worth it. Upgraded room breakfast, club lounge with sandwiches coffee then drinks and snacks in the evening wifi 24 hours. I thought all the restaurants were good. Much better place than Dubai. So much more relaxed, people are friendlier.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good but up grading to the club section was slightly better.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Suebray,

I was very pleased to see that you have a not only enjoyed the hotel itself but also Abu Dhabi as a destination as indeed, it has a lot to offer.

I do agree that upgrading your room to our Club Level offers great value and more and more of our customer are looking at this option. It not only offers you an upgraded rooms and services but it gives you access to a very high amount of special services such as the ones you have mentioned in your post.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Thank you for your time and warm regards

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Tiny rooms but very clean and lovely bathrooms.Comfortable beds.

Awesome buffet breakfast, best I have ever had.

Good service, very professional and attentive.

Good pool area and pool bar however lots of construction happening around the hotel at the moment. Good location.

We paid over 1100dhs for the night. It was nice but not that nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I was very happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us and made good use of the facilities available.

Your comments have been duly noted and will be shared with our team of associates who are dedicated to satisfying customer needs and will be proud that you appreciated their efforts.

In regards to the prices offered, they vary quite regularly depending on the time of the year, the exhibitions in town, etc… however please note that we are always in the most competitive range and focus on offering value.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again and I remain at your disposal to handle all relevant arrangements.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and warm regards

Deputy general Manager

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Whenever I visit Abu Dhabi, I stay at the Sheraton. I like the relaxing atmosphere and friendly staff. I've stayed at this hotel for more than 80 days in the past and never been disappointed once by the service. The rooms were a bit on the small side but nicely laid out.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Martin_Cramer, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear TW,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel.

I was very happy to read that you enjoy our facilities and that our team of assocaites always takes care of you. Such comments coming from a loyal customer is very precious as it shows that we manage to keep on our promise of quality serice time after time.

I would very much appreciate you contacting me during your next stay as I would like to introduce myself.

Once again, thank you

Warm regards

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my friend for 2 nights for such a cheap price (advanced booking!) The room is a bit small compared to the rest of the hotels i stayed at. Very clean. Loved the bathroom.

The mini bar is exceptionally complete!

Location is good except for the construction that was ongoing that time beside the hotel. I was kind of bothered by their staring.

Will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Jullyn,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us on tripadvisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found our facilities to your liking.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should be coming back for a future visit as I would like to ensure of your comfort personally.