We stayed here for two nights as part of trip through the Middle East. We were disappointed with the experience and would recommend that you stay elsewhere. The polish of this hotel was not up to other Sheraton experiences and seemed very disorganized. The experience wasn't as a result of any one error, but rather a collection of haphazard experiences.
This is an older property with smaller rooms with lots of amenities to make up for the somewhat dated design.
On arrival (we self drove) the valet took our car, but there was no staff to assist with luggage. Of course, this caused concern when we checked in as the staff had to go “find the luggage” in the car that had already been parked.
We booked a Sea View room but when we checked in, there was a skyscraper under construction that partially obstructed the sea view. Of interest was that the view looked nothing like the view on the website. There was a slider door to the balcony but it was permanently locked. I attempted to get house keeping and the bell staff to open it, but after two requests were ignored / not responded to, I gave up. Of course, since I had tipped the bellman to deal with the problem, I wasn't very impressed when they didn't follow up.
Glassware from the room was not replaced once used by housekeeping. Restaurants were "completely full" when we walked in, despite seats being available in the lounge. There wasn’t much concern about the well being of our stay when we checked out at the front desk. They did not even bother to ask. It wasn’t exactly a busy check out time at 7 AM either.
I posted a similar review on the SPG website but didn’t get any results other than the general mothership statements that management would address the issues with their staff.
We paid less than the resorts on Saddiyat Island but we would most certainly stay there (and not here) next time. Although resort is in the title, please don’t be fooled. Despite a small articifial beach, this is not a resort by any modern sense of the word.
Recommend looking elsewhere if wanting a beachy experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Abu Dhabi's shopping and business district, the Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort combines the best of business and leisure. Enjoy our private lagoon and resort on the Arabian gulf or try one of the 11 restaurants and bars to choose from. The Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort has everything needed for a perfect stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel And Resort
- Abu Dhabi Sheraton