“Christmas in UAE”

Ranked #50 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Jyvaskyla, Finland
“Christmas in UAE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel is a good choise to spend your holiday if you want to have extremely good variety of food at breakfast, very very nice bed and fantastic gym.

As we are a family with 8 and 16 years old children, we chose to have connected rooms. Rooms are big enough and we had a sea view. Bathrooms are well maintained and clean. I suffer from migraine and I am very light sleeper, so I was a bit worried about how would I sleep in the hotel because the is lot of construnctions going on just opposite the hotel. With my earplugs I had no problem, and my family could sleep well also. Keep in mind if you choose this hotel that the consturction goes on and on even up to 2 o´clock at night like it did on Chitstmas Eve... but of course all that will stop one day when they are finished. It is funny, if you decide it does not bother that much - it doesn`t.

The only absoluytely low point is that smoking was allowed in the breakfast room and at the cafeteria. Lot of locals came in to smoke for hours at the cafe. In Dubai there is not such a problem anywhere in the hotels. So I suggest to the hotel management you should stop allowing the smoking inside of your nice hotel.

I had spa maicure and spa pedicure once, and a shoter pedicuce once, and I must say I was very very good choise in both times. Thank you girsl! So nice service and good work. Really.

Also went to Atristic Yoga once. Wow, what an experience. I was kind of a mix of youga and aerobic class. My abs where a bit tense afterwards, but that is what I came for. So thank you teacher!

So all in all we had a very nice holiday with having a good time with my family. No need to cook and bake for the Christmas at home.
My housband and our son went to Ferrari World, and liked it a lot. From what I understood, it is worth of going I you don`t mind for standing in a queue for a long time. We visited two times in Dubai as our friends stayed at Atlantis The Palm hotel ( wow).

Would I come back? Sorry, I`d probably choose Dubai for the next Christmas. But you can always make me a good offer :)

Happy New Year to you all!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Nina_fin,

Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I enjoyed reading your review and am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations and that your family and you enjoyed your Christmas vacation at our hotel. We look very much forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the coming year and for now, I wish you all the very best for 2013 and remain with kind regards

thomasvan.opstal@sheraton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We are staying in the hotel when I wrote the review. The hotel is okay. Not more than that. The rooms are fine. The pool and fitness are reasonable. And we don't mind the construction next to the hotel. A couple of recommwnsations: make internet freely available for guests, upgrade the restaurants (e.g beach rotana) and increase the general feeling of service. The hotel seems to manage on revenue improvement (paid internet and general price level) and on coat (staffing). But for a 5 star hotel SERVICE is the key. That creates loyalty.

• Stayed December 2012
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Wgiezenaar,

I hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your experience with us on tripadvisor.

I have carefully reviewed your feedback both positive and negative and feel mostly concerned about your comments on the service levels you have received as we normally take pride in the way we care for our customers.

Since you do not share much details on your experience we will ensure that we get in touch with you directly to understand where you feel we could make improvements and ensure that you find the rest of your stay more pleasant.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Warm regards

Yves

Yves Tarabout
Deputy General Manager
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have nothing except this hotel is amazing, I did stay there for Club room, Royal Suite and classic rooms, it's just lovely, stuff is amazing, breakfast is totally awesome :)

Also for the dinner, coffee shops, restaurants, were trully lovely, bathroom is just amazing, beach is nice for children, also for value of service as a whole is just pretty amazing

Room Tip: Club Room, high floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank omar_elkerdany
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Omar_elkerdany,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I am delighted that you are enjoying your stays at our hotel and that you are content with the service and the attention you receive from my colleagues. Thank you very much for being our guest – we look very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel and I remain with kind regards,

Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

The hotel is well located and more importantly very comfortable. The staff are very hospitable and food in the restautrants v good. The rooms are well maintained and is uptyo the expectations from a 5 star

Room Tip: Do stay in the Club rooms - the lounge is perfect for business meetings
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Venkumurthi,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities and particular the service of my colleagues met your expectations. We look very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon and if there is ever anything I can do to assist you, please do let me know. Until then, I remain with the Compliments of the Season,

Newbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during the second week of December 2012. If you are coming here for a holiday be aware that in the grounds of the hotel it is anything but peaceful. Construction work on the three tower blocks to the rear of the hotel continue and it is so so noisy! I estimate that it will continue for a few months yet.
Our first nights sleep at the hotel was disrupted by a party in the grounds that went on to the early hours of the morning. Thereafter we experienced renovations to some nearby rooms that involved drilling and banging during the day. Our complaint was resolved satisfactorily but had we known about the construction/renovation work beforehand, we would not have chosen this hotel.
On the positive side the housekeeping and restaurant staff were hospitable, friendly and polite. The breakfast buffet was amazing but then it had to be to justify the cost of AED Dirham 110 per person. Alternative and cheaper options are available through room service.
One hours free wifi was provided each day but in this day and age it ought to be free all day.
Meals in the restaurant were of average quality but we did experience a pool bar meal that was terrible. Again a complaint was remedied quickly and satisfactorily.
I would advise against using the hotel taxi service as a local metered taxi is cheaper and just as efficient.
Housekeeping was efficient and the level of cleanliness was very good.
You should also be aware that smoking is tolerated in sections of the hotel restaurants and the tavern and is particularly prevalent in the latter.

Room Tip: Currently I would avoid a room that overlooks the construction work to the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Martyn F
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Martyn F,

Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that your stay with us was disturbed by the noise from the nearby construction site as well as from an event which took place at the resort – please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. On a more positive note, I was pleased that my colleagues in the various departments you dealt with were able to meet your expectations and hopefully we will be able to welcome you back soon again and make amends for your disappointing stay. Please contact me directly on he below email address once your next visit to Abu Dhabi has been finalized and I will personally ensure that your stay with us will be a completely satisfactory one. I look forward to meeting you personally and until then, remain with the Compliments of the Season,

Haworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

We updraded to a club room and enjoyed the excellent buffet breakfast - even pork sausuages and bacon tucked away in a corner - first for us visiting a Muslim country. The room was very good and the staf really helpful.
|However, in our opinion this is more of a business hotel rather than a vacation destination.
On the other side of the lagoon shown in pictures of the hotel there are currently three high rise apartment blocks being built. This is of course not the responsibility or fault of the hotel but the constant hammering, roar of plant and droped scaffold poles that goes on from dawn to dusk does spoil relaxing in the hotel pool and gardens. On another note, the hotel does little to promote tourism. Theres is no library of leafllets or dedicated tourism desk on things to do and enquiry at the Concierge only provided a single leaflet on tours & outings.

Room Tip: Choose a club room if the budget allows - free wifi, drinks & snacks in the club room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Peterthepanda,

Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I was pleased to note that you overall enjoyed your stay with us even so you were at times disturbed by the construction site opposite to the hotel. We have been assured by the construction company that the most noisy work has already been completed and that in the near future, almost all the loud construction work will be finished. Thank you as well for commenting on our breakfast selection. We strongly believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and hence, we have decided to present to our guests a very extensive selection of breakfast items which is much appreciated as you can see from several reviews on this site. I have also taken note of your comment with regard to the information on tourism activities and I am sorry that you felt that we were did not promote this area enough. We actually have a vast collection of tourist information available at our Concierge Desk and I must apologize if we were not providing you with this information – I will ensure that the Department Head concerned is aware of your comment and takes the necessary, corrective action to ensure that all our guests are provided with the appropriate information.

We look very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon again and in the meantime, I remain with the Compliments of the Season,

sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Sheraton with my boyfriend for one night as a stop over before flying back to Sydney. Very impressed from the get go, we were greeted upon arrival at 7am. Usually check in is at 3pm however the man at check in advised he did not wish to keep us waiting so we could check in right away without having to pay an additional night! The lobby is beautiful as are the rooms! We booked a club room most comfortable bed ever! Beautiful marble bathroom with a big bathtub and shower. As we booked the club room we were entitled to complimentary snacks and alcoholic beverages from 6-8pm , there was cheese, crackers, sweets, fresh gourmet sandwiches. Great deal when booking the club room! The private beach and pool areas are also beautiful! Lots of room to kick back & relax!
The english tavern serves great meals and nice atmosphere to kick up your heels and have a drink/dance!
The breakfast was awesome I have never seen so many options for brekky! The ladies are very friendly and always come over to you and refill your orange juice up :-)
The staff were the most polite, friendly & helpful hotel staff I've ever met !
This hotel may be 5* but the service was above & beyond my expectations! We will definitely be coming back to The Sheraton :-)

• Stayed November 2012
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear brookey87,

Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you enjoyed the facilities and restaurants within the hotel. Of course I was particularly happy to read your kind comments about my colleagues who served you and looked after you during yoru stay – we believe that it is our associates that make the difference and I was very pleased that you were able to connect with them during your stay. I am delighted that you will return to stay with us again and I look very much forward to meet you personally on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.
Until then, I remain with the Compliments of the Season,