“A lovely hotel with great facilities”

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
Ranked #52 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
UK
“A lovely hotel with great facilities”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Sheraton was a great hotel with helpful friendly staff. As a previous reviewers have noted the building work opposite the lagoon is a bit of a downside but must have moved on a notch as there was no problem with debris - just noise and the view, but as there is building work going on nearly everywhere and there is always some background noise of the a/c units it wasn't so bad.

We upgraded to an executive room which meant breakfast and internet were included which was v good value. The breakfast was excellent with loads of choice.

The only downside was visiting the Emirates Palace for dinner one night, which makes everywhere else just look like a Travelodge but never mind - one day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear KMM 75,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us.

I am happy that you enjoyed your time with us and that our associates made you feel welcomed.

The executive room option is indeed of very good value due to the additional benefits it offers and the upgraded amenities.

I hope to be able to meet you personally on a future visit.

Warm regards

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed there twice.. First time in March and last month...

Both the time I enjoyed the stay..

The service was excellent, every staff member smiles and is as helpful and polite as possible. This time I was upgraded to club so got free internet access and one hour free happy hour.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Nirav_kasundra,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is always rewarding to hear that my colleagues made the difference in a stay and I am delighted that you appreciated their efforts. We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel soon again and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards,

Letterkenny, Ireland
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Myself and three friends (all girls) stayed here for 4 nights- staff friendly,bedrooms immaculate. lovely pool with pool bar, great staff and great for lunch (chicken nuggets, toasties etc to keep you going in the heat) (ate in flavours restaurant one day €30pp too expensive for lunch) lovely beach with complimentary beds and canoes to go out in the water with-great fun. outside bar is fabulous (strawberry daiquiris are to die for) nightclub is good fun and on the grounds. Mexican restaurant onsite has fabulous food and great atmosphere. Taxi is about 7dm (€1.50) in to the town-5 mins away) Abu dhabi is a beautiful place and I recommend this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Ms. Kenny,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your friends in our hotel on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you had a very nice time with us, that you enjoyed our restaurants, lounges and bars as well as our leisure facilities.

It is always a pleasure to see when our associates are recognized for their friendliness and professionalism as I believe this is what matters the most at the end of the day.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming all of you again in the future and that I will be able to welcome you personally.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and warm regards

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 2, 2012

What a phenomenal week-end spent at the Sheraton Hotel in Abu Dhabi. Two days spent suntanning by the pool and beach, swimming, relaxing on the jetty, sipping cocktails at the pool bar and eating our way through the hotel. We ended up dining at La Mamma for the first time and were blown away by how good their pastas are (strongly recommend the chicken and mushroom penne pasta...that creamy, garlicky sauce is just something else). The evening was spent at the B-Lounge, drinking wine and listening to the DJ (great vibe). If you are debating whether to pay extra for the breakfast buffet at Flavours restaurant, do it! (you will not be disappointed). I had never experienced a breakfast buffet of this kind of caliber. Anything you can imagine, they serve...from healthy options like cereals, muesli, fruit, yogurts, to fancy egg making stations, sausages, pancakes, french toast and so much more.

What really impressed us though was the Facebook themed sculpture waiting for us in our room. The hotel staff spoiled us with this dessert just because I happened to write on their Facebook wall one week prior to arriving at the hotel. Big props to the Sheraton Hotel team for going that extra step to make us feel special.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ms. Marianna,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent experience with us on tripadvisor.
I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and took advantage of the many facilities the hotel offers.

La Mamma is indeed always a good option for our dinners and their pasta always al dente.
I was also happy that you spent some time in our new outdoor venue by the beach the B Lounge. With the spectacular weather we have at the moment, sitting outside with good cocktails and chill out music is certainly a highlight.

I am happy that our team managed to surprise and impress you with our in-room Facebook amenity, this medium has taken such importance for everyone that we always like to thank our friends when they are staying with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and I look forward to connecting on facebook in the future.

Warm regards
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here around 4weeks ago for 10 nights. The sheraton is one of the best hotels i have ever stayed in. The rooms are clean and the beds massive. The best thing about the hotel was the private lagoon, the water was as warm as a bath, and so clear you could see the fish. The only down side was the building work on the other side for the lagoon. The other downside was the food in the hotel was quite expensive, but in a hotel of this class you expect this. If you want to eat out at a reasonable price try, mongolian chinese restaurant, opposite Abu Dhabi mall.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank brfc123
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear brfc123,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I was thrilled to read your post and am very pleased that we were able to make your stays at our hotel successful ones. I agree that the construction opposite to our hotel is somewhat disturbing, however, the good news here is that the majority of the work disturbing us is done and we now look forward to the completion of the construction. I have also taken note of your comment with regard to our food prices. We regularly compare ourselves with the other five star hotels in Abu Dhabi and feel that our prices are in the mid-level but are somewhat above the type of restaurants you mentioned in your post. We do believe, however, that the quality of food and service also warrants the slightly higher prices and I hope you will agree with this assessment. I look very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards,

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed at the Sheraton Abu Dhabi Corniche hotel for a week in mid October. (2012)

Like everywhere we encounter in UAE, the service was excellent, every staff member smiles and is as helpful and polite as possible. Our room was wonderful, enormous, insanely comfy bed, and (too) effective blackout curtains meant we could have slept forever!

Gorgeous bathroom as well with deep bath and very high pressure shower.

Got room service breakfast a couple of times, like everything in the UAE, some things are much better value than others; a smoothie cost the same amount as eggs with toast, sausages etc!

Restaurant hotels were fine, standard pricing etc for hotel restaurants. Nice pool and pool bar, but we preferred the beach for the pleasant breeze off the sea. The biggest problem for us was the cleanliness of the beach and lagoon area, due to the construction site opposite, there is a constant rain of debris into the water that washes up on the sand.

Polystyrene is absolutely everywhere, spotted a condom in the rocky bit at the edge of the beach too. The lifeguards do their best and paddle out with a net to get the worst of it, but this problem will not be properly resolved until the buildings opposite are finished IMO.

A common frustration with high end hotels such as this is that you pay plenty for the room and then internet is not provided. The Sheraton provides guests with an hours internet for free at some computers near the cloud nine bar. This is a nice gesture that other hotels would do well to replicate, but I am still of the personal opinion that these days free high speed wifi should be provided throughout in all hotels for guests' use, especially when they've paid a lot to stay in the hotel!

The Sheraton has one of the best gyms i've ever seen in my life, never mind best hotel gym, an excellent facility that they should be proud of.

Overall, a superb base for exploring Abu Dhabi, with plentiful cheap taxis at your beck and call at the entrance, and a good position on the corniche. Would definitely stay again, and recommend to others.

Room Tip: "Sea view" currently means "construction site view!"
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank barnabybleach
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Barnabybleach,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. It’s wonderful to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you were impressed with the facilities and services we offer tour guests and visitors. I do agree with you that the nearby construction site is very pleasant and we have actually voiced our concerns to the local authorities about the fact that the construction workers at times seem to dump garbage to the sea and we have been assured that action will be taken to avoid these issues from recurring. We are monitoring the situation constantly and as you have noticed, our team at the resort are doing their utmost to keep the area clean and clear of debris.

Thank you as well for your comments about our Health Club – we are indeed proud of this facility and with our partners, Core Performance we are constantly updating the facilities as well as the classes we teach – it is nice to know that you particularly enjoyed this area of our hotel!

Please let me know when your travels bring you back to Abu Dhabi – we would be delighted to welcome you back and if I can assist you in any way with your next reservation at our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Until then, I remain with kind regards,

Newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

A nice hotel that is an oasis in Abu Dhabi and convenient to the malls. Taxis can be obtained very easily at a good price, although must note that there are two Sheratons in Abu Dhabi so make sure you say 'corniche'. Great breakfast and the club lounge was good too. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Wanted to mention Ricardo from Housekeeping: despite our language difficulties he persevered and managed to return my lost make-up bag to me via courier, for which I am very grateful. Thanks again Ricardo!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear ReenieMac,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities and services met your expectations! I was also very pleased that you were impressed by the service of Ricardo, who is already enlisted in one of our junior management programs as we had identified him as an individual with great potential – your comment underlines our selection and I will share your comment wit Ricardo, who I know will be very pleased to note that his efforts have not gone unnoticed. I would also like to inform you that the former Sheraton Khalidiya is no longer managed by Starwood and as such, there is only one Sheraton in Abu Dhabi…and we look very much forward to welcome you back to it! Until then, I remain with kind regards,