“Nice..!!”

Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Nice..!!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

It was nice to stay at Sheraton Abu Dhabi, we would like to come back again...we celebrated my husband's birthday and asked for cake to be delivered right at mid night as a surprise to my husband and it arrived right on time and I was pleasently surprised by service, had a wonderful time staying there with excellent service :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear 50MSK,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! Thank you as well for choosing our hotel to celebrate your husbands’ birthday at our hotel – I am glad that we were able to contribute to the celebrations! We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel for either another birthday celebration or just a few relaxing days of vacation. Until then, I remain with kind regards,

J. Thomas C. van Opstal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed in this hotel as my stop over on the way to the UK & Europe, and I have never stayed in a better hotel in my life. The service, staff, rooms, breakfast, pool area and general feel was unbelievable. I stayed in room overlooking the sea and it was simply perfect. What made it so special was the level of service I got from the brilliant staff that made me feel like I was the most important person staying at the hotel. Special mention to Ayman from the Buffet restaurant, lovely handsome and very hot guy I wish he was my BF ^_^ outstanding. Rooms were spotless if you want 5 star hotels; this is the one for you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Helen,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience with us on Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to see that you had a wonderful time with us and that you enjoyed the hotel facilities.

Even more pleasing was that our associates made you feel very welcomed and ensured that you were well looked after. I will gladly share your comments with them as they take great pride in receiving such positive comments.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you again in the future and I would be pleased to handle all arrangements personally

England
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Well, this is a tale of expectations Vs outcome. I was expecting a generic branded 5* hotel but experienced a holiday memorable for so many different reasons, all of them good.
We were offered an upgrade to Club level on arrival & after a quick bit of mental arithmatic decided it was worth the cost. We didn't regret it, the Club lounge all-day food & drinks plus evening cocktails & breakfast were all top notch.
We had a lazy week by the pool & used it a lot because it wasn't temperature controlled - certainly beats those pools that are chilled & feel like you're swimming in a glacial lake. The view takes in plenty of construction work but that's Abu Dhabi at the moment, didn't detract from our experience at all.
We tried various eateries in the hotel; Bravo, La Mamma & the Tavern pub. They were all of a high standard, I'd happily eat at all 3 again. The Tavern also have a fantastic live band & Bravo a splendid guitarist.
From start to finish we were treated not only as customers but valued guests & friends. The outstanding feature were the people who worked there ('Staff' seems so impersonal in this case), these are surely the hotel's greatest asset. All the employees we met were unfailingly helpful & friendly. The outstanding individuals were;
Jacob (Pool security Manager). Polite, courteous & apparently gentle in nature he never failed to control pool users who went too far. The way 2 female day-guests were politely reminded to behave or be asked to leave was great to see.
Ruth (Cloud Nine bar Manager). Friendly, chatty & again not afraid to ask guests to adhere to the rules.
Francisco (Bravo restaurant & B Lounge Manager). Polite, softly spoken but so helpful & willing to talk.
B Lounge staff. 3 people willing to smile & chat despite working so hard in the heat (Apologies but I forgot their names apart from Christine - they were all great).
Kirsty (Asst F&B Manager). Refreshingly up front to talk to, nice to find a Manager who's not frightened to give an honest answer to a question.
Stephanie (reception). Gave us a fantastic welcome & set the tone. Continued in this vein through the week.
As you can probably tell this hotel was just the ticket for our 7 day stay. One minor gripe; the pool music was of the Ibiza techno-beat variety & a little on the loud side (as mentioned by another person in a previous review). However, this is highly subjective & only my opinion. I wouldn't hesitate to go back to the Sheraton resort, superb on all counts.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Graeme001
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Graeme001,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased to read your comments, as your review endorses what we are trying to achieve in a city that has seen many new and modern hotels opening in the past months: provide our guests with personalized and friendly service that is different from all the other hotels in our city. I am very happy that my colleagues managed to live up to our promise and that we met your expectations. We obviously realize that we are not the most modern hotel in Abu Dhabi, but as you can see from many of the reviews on TripAdvisor, we certainly rank among the friendliest and I believe that this counts much more than a modern design. I will of course share your kind comments with those colleagues you mentioned in your review and I can assure you that they will be extremely pleased that their efforts to make your stay more enjoyable has not gone unnoticed. Thank you for recognizing them – this is very much appreciated! I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon again and until then, I remain with kind regards,

Paris, France
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I spent my last saturday afternoon at the pool bar in this hôtel . I have to admit that I have been amazed with the quality of the band playing that day and the nice atmosphere it created. I could feel that everybody was enjoying as much as I was . The music was exactly matching the standard of this place. Also, the staff there was extremely professional and friendly, especially Samil who took really good care of me.
I would defenitly recomand this quality time to anyone looking for a good moment to spend in Abu Dhabi on a saturday afternoon.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear seba69,

Thank you very much for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I was very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you particularly appreciated your time at our swimming pool. Thank you as well for recognizing the efforts of one of my colleagues – you can be assured that Samil will be very pleased to know that his efforts have not gone unnoticed. I look very much forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Having stayed here for 2 nights this hotel is very good. However for 5 star I expect that something extra and this is where the hotel is lacking compared to other newer hotels. Whilst there is little to complain about, the hotel is getting a bit tired, rooms are small and the pool is busy / had music most of the day which is a shame as takes away that relaxing feeling. However it's good value and convenient so would have no hesitation returning. In particular the manager of the pool area (tall chap, wears a suit) is very sweet and friendly and definitely needs a mention.

• Stayed October 2012
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear 1985waterbaby,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to learn that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with the service of my colleagues. You are of course correct that our hotel is not as modern as many of the newer hotels in our city, however, I believe that what sets us apart from our new competitors in the city is the fact that we provide a much more personalized service which is much appreciated by our guests as is also evident in many of the reviews on this site. I do look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon and if there is anything I can assist you with in the meantime, please do let me know.

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed September 27, 2012

When I decided to make a stop in Abu Dhabi of course the name Sheraton was very familiar to me. I have to say the hotel was excellant, fantastic. Everything from the floors to the ceiling, beautifuly decorated. The bars, and dining areas.......so many to choose from. Your taste buds will be in haven. Did I mention a night club for those that want to shack a leg, LOL.
The staff was just as equally superd. Very helpful and friendly. Each time I called the reception they aswered by saying, "may I help you Ms so&so". I liked that. It gave me the feeling of being more then just a room number calling.
They do have a shuttle for those that want to venture out the the enormous mall

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Reina336
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Reina,

Many thanks for your kind review of our hotel on tripadvisor.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and took advantage of most of our facilities.

I was especially pleased that our associates took good care of you and made you feel comfortable and welcomed.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to host you again in the future and I would be pleased to handle all arrangements personally.

Thank you for your time and warm regards

Dundee
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have just returned from a superb break in Abu Dhabi. I chose the Sheraton as it is a brand I trust and was not let down. The hotel is superb and not just a faceless, shiny tower block. It has character and the interior is beautiful. Lots of marble and dark wood. The staff are a credit to the group and gave superb service throughout my stay. From the housekeeping who were always on hand to sort out the room at no matter what time I tumbled out of bed, right through to the front of house staff. I tried the Mexican and Italian for dinner and they were both very good. The Tavern is an excellent watering hole with live music, great food, sky sports and staff who new what I was drinking after the 3rd day :-). They have a private beach which is nice and a huge range of facilities to keep you busy. I also indulged in the Friday Bubbly Brunch. 3 hours for a set price with unlimited sparkling white wine and your choice from a truly massive selection of quality food. The menu covers everything from soup, sushi, curries, seafood, local dishes, roast beef, salads, amazing desserts....if you can think of it, it is probably on the menu in some variety.

I really enjoyed this hotel and would not hesitate to recommend this to any one for business or pleasure. Great for couples, families...anyone really.

Prices for food and drink are towards the top end for the area but this is to be expected. A beer is around 30 UED's and a Guinness is around 40 UED's. Snack food (Pizza etc) comes in at around 50-60 UED's and for a great 2 course plus a drink allow around 140 UED's per person. (prices accurate at Sept. 2012).

Thank you Sheraton for the great, friendly service and a superb break in temperatures that did not fall below 39 degrees.

Room Tip: As is the norm in Abu Dhabi construction work is always ongoing. Maybe choose a room at the front of...