“Very comfortable”

Ranked #51 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
derbyshire
“Very comfortable”
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Lovely hotel, spacious rooms, lovely pool with plenty of loungers. THE most comfortable bed ever. A little bit too far away from the main sights but the corniche is a lovely walk and the hop in hop off bus has a stop nearby.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank sue62derbys
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Derbyshire,

Thank you for your comments of our hotel posted on tripadvisor.

Your feedback about our rooms and leisure facilities have been well noted and I am very pleased that you found our beds very comfortable as we have changed our total bed inventory less than a month ago. We offer our customers the brand new “Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed” which is a custom design bed created on the feedback from a very large panel of travelers and looking at the reviews we receive from it, it certainly is very appreciated.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to receive you again in the future and would like to remain at your disposal should you decide to do so.

Once again, thank you for your kind feedback and warm regards

Deputy general Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at the Sheraton Abu Dhabi, and the experience was even better than last time, there is some building work in the area but this did not disrupt our stay.

We cannot fault the customer service it is excellent, my wife left a pair of sunglasses in the room the hotel e-mailed to advise us and then returned them by courier to our home FOC

Special thanks to Mulu in Cloud bar and Marcos at the pool bar for the great service they provided these are staff to be proud of.

Cannot fault the hotel.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are the best, also if you upgrade to a club room you are able to use the club lounge...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank richard w
Dear Richard W,

Many thanks for your positive comments about our hotel on tripadvisor.

It is always a pleasure for me to see that we have managed to extend our guests the warm welcome that we are renown for.

While I am happy that you enjoyed the overall facilities, I am especially pleased that our associates took very good care of you with a special distinction for Mulu and Marcos. Your kind comments will be shared with the team and I will personally inform both of them of your feedback.

As a returned customer I would certainly hope that you would contact me directly should your travels take you back to Abu Dhabi in order to make all arrangements personally and meet you while in the hotel.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and warm regards

Deputy General Manager
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had really a great time in this hotel. Everything was perfect, but the best off all was the resort. Pool bar is very nice and the staff there is very friendly. They managed to do their job proffesionally even the weather was extremely hot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Bokibox,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and took advantage of our leisure facilities.

I was especially happy about your kind comments for our associates at the Pool Bar and you may rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team.

I hope that we will be able to receive you once again in the future and would be more than happy to make your acquaintance on that occasion

Than you and warm regards

Deputy General Manager
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2012

It was fantastic hotel to spend a week in, with a wonderful atmosphere and extremely friendly and well spoken staff. The facilities and service was excellent, catering for every walk of life. The hotel is very well positioned with easy access to all local attractions. We had a thoroughly enjoyable break and would highly recommend the Sheraton in Abu Dhabi to everyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Estkj
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Estkj,

thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the facilities and services on offer – and most importantly, you enjoyed the interaction with my colleagues, who I believe make our hotel special! Thank you for recognizing their efforts! I look very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon again and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards,

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed at the hotel in february for at total of 10 days and had the pleasure of experiencing both the ambassador suite and then the royal suites. The suites are excellent for families - we are five and enjoyed the spacious rooms, the pleasant living room and found everything, including the restaurants, pool, fitness facilities and staff, excellent. The only thing we missed was a balcony!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear ncsjo,

thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to see that your family and you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you were satisfied with all our facilities and services. I am not sure whether your travel plans will bring you back to Abu Dhabi sometime soon, but if they do, please let us know so that we can welcome you back to our hotel for another successful stay! I look forward to meeting you personally and until then, I remain with kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and I took a late booking to get away for some guaranteed sunshine for a week. Abu Dhabi was an interesting location for us as we've visited the other Emirates in other years. The Sheraton staff were exceptionally helpful from Stephanie on reception to Clark the concierge.

We were upgraded upon arrival and we stayed in a Club Room which had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. Very good cleaning service.

We enjoyed the food choice and quality at the hotel, especially the breakfast range and a couple of the themed nights - we visited at the end of Ramadan so that we could experience it and the Eid festivities then have about 4 days of non-Ramadan time. We are glad we did that although some people may find the lack of availability of some 'full' services' during Ramadan may cause the odd issue but we expected that.

We would certainly stay here again should we return. Ideal location for the Corniche and various malls.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Efqm,

thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to make full use our facilities and services. I was also pleased to note that my colleagues Stephanie and Clark were able to make your stay more comfortable and I have taken the liberty to inform both of them of your kind comments – you can rest assured that they both are delighted to know that their efforts have not gone unnoticed! We are all looking very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel sometime soon and if there is ever anything I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Dublin
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at the Sheraton and were welcomed by Andrea from Guest Services with an unbelievable charm. She went out of her way to ensure we had an unforgettable stay in Abu Dhabi. The level of service was excellent and we also enjoyed the food in the Mexican restaurant on one of the evenings very much. The live music was great and very diverse. A wonderful evening in great atmosphere. Our breakfast buffet was a great treat and start into the day.

The pool was a very pleasant and refreshing experience as well as it has a nice temperature. The fitness faciltities are top class and the staff is very friendly.

An overall great experience in Abu Dhabi.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ThomasVanOpstal, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear Loopedy,

thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities and the services were up to your expectations. I was particularly happy that you appreciated the service of my colleagues, and especially the service from Andrea, who I know will be very pleased to know that her efforts did not go unnoticed. I look very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel hopefully soon and in the meantime I remain with kind regards,